Thread: Heading to Santiago

Thanks

Question Heading to Santiago

Hello out there! Anyone know of some good day time places for chicas in Santiago?

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Heading to Santiago

I keep reading about these car washes in Santiago and that there are girls there. A stupid question....is it really a car wash or is that a name they put on these places for other reasons?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FLORIDASUR View Post
    I keep reading about these car washes in Santiago and that there are girls there. A stupid question....is it really a car wash or is that a name they put on these places for other reasons?
    no they wash cars but its a social thing too. Kelvin definitely has girls there, its close to Los colinas mall. ont the strip right down the block are a couple of other places if you do a search here you will find them. Near the airport is Pasion which is better looking girls and and more money. Your gonna need a little more spanish than you would need in Sosua to get by here especially if you wanna go the non-pro route.
    Last edited by swiggy; 11-15-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: ???

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Pictures Re: Heading to Santiago

Quote Originally Posted by swiggy View Post
    no they wash cars but its a social thing too. Kelvin definitely has girls there, its close to Los colinas mall. ont the strip right down the block are a couple of other places if you do a search here you will find them. Near the airport is Pasion which is better looking girls and and more money. Your gonna need a little more spanish than you would need in Sosua to get by here especially if you wanna go the non-pro route.
    Thanks for the info, Swiggy. I am coming in Nov 20th and will check out that car wash. This car wash - girl thing is an interesting concept. I am fluent in Spanish. So I should be able to dig up some treasure. And who is Kelvin if you don't mind my asking?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

Kelvin's is a car wash in Santiago. One of the more popular ones from what I understand. Never been there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 394 Posts

Thanks for the info, Swiggy. I am coming in Nov 20th and will check out that car wash. This car wash - girl thing is an interesting concept. I am fluent in Spanish. So I should be able to dig up some treasure. And who is Kelvin if you don't mind my asking?
    Yeah, Kelvin's is a carwash, and most popular one as well. The difference between Kelvin's and Gomez Diaz (another popular car cash) is noticeable. At Kevin's you will see about 30-50 girls at any given day, all vary in looks, environment where you can dance and more festive because you have a large crowd in the late afternoons, especially weekends.

At Kelvin's generally you will see older and even young tigueres there, and most likely are there to pick up numbers instead of waiting to the places closes to get the girl.

While at Gomez Diaz, you mostly see about 20-30 girls, gets busier at night, looks are more consistent, and it's not a festive or dancing place, cause most of the young tigueres (it's mostly those who go there) prefer drinking, chatting, and getting numbers or picking up girls from there. But I do see that tigueres with money go there !

It's a huge difference. The only similarity is that both places are noisy !!

Btw, you can't barfine girls at carwashes, ok. If you like someone, just get her number and let her know when you want to see her. It's better to discuss prices beforehand.

At Kelvin's girls vary in price, but would settle for 1,500-2,000. Some of the finer ones want more, but don't budge. Years ago it used to be 800-1,000. At Gomez, girls want 4-5,000. That's how they start.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Elvis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

Gomez Diaz has the second loudest music I have heard in the DR. The DR is notorios for excruciatingly loud music but Gomez Diaz was loud enough for me to never go back.

1st place goes to calle 8 in Monte Cristi. . . . . .insanely loud. . . . .painfully loud. . ..

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

you haven't hear loud music till you've been to a block party in Jamaica.......where you can feel the bass go right thru you.....nah tru

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    you haven't hear loud music till you've been to a block party in Jamaica.......where you can feel the bass go right thru you.....nah tru
    Well in calle 8 in Monte Cristi I felt the bass like side kicks to the ribs and the piercing highs were like ice picks jabbed in my ears. Funny thing is I was maybe 60 feet away from the speakers and some tigre was sitting like 3 feet from them like it was nothing. . . . . .and we wonder why dominicans talk so damn loud;-)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Santiago has three main p4p places.
    Passion - Illusion - Casablanca.

I went to Passion this last monday as they have a live band every monday because the place is nightclub / whorehouse.

Let me tell you the talent as far as girls is A+, to quality women there. I saw a couple of girls that i could easily marry.

Check the places out, car washes as the fellow mongers say are also good options.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brugal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 699 Posts

What were your prices for the "A+" girls and how was their attitudes about their work in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by brugal View Post

I went to Passion this last monday as they have a live band every monday because the place is nightclub / whorehouse.

Let me tell you the talent as far as girls is A+, to quality women there. I saw a couple of girls that i could easily marry.

Check the places out, car washes as the fellow mongers say are also good options.
    Viejo Verde

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brugal View Post

If I can't find what I want in Puerto Plata. I am going down to Santiago to check things out. Hopefully I will be able to find a good room in Sosua when I get back. I arrive on a Saturday.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

If you go to Kelvin's, don't wait til the last second to decide on a chica. The moment it closes, they all bolt out quick and they're not stopping!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg View Post
    If you go to Kelvin's, don't wait til the last second to decide on a chica. The moment it closes, they all bolt out quick and they're not stopping!
    I've been stopping in at Kelvin for like 10 years and never remember seeing one I would want to take out. I know many have so I just must have bad timing at that place.
    It is still cool to hang out and have a few beers as there is not much open in the daytime in STI. I hang at Kelvin or Rancho Tipico Las Colinas during the day.

I may hit STI this weekend so the novia can visit her family. It has been a while since we went to Monte Bar and I am in the mood for some killer steak at Puerto Madero, some live tipico at Monte Bar and a nice evening or two at Camp David!

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Usually the nice ones at Kelvin's don't hang around long. A real cutie I got close with over a couple of visits was only around so long because it was "that time of the month". She was hanging around for the cerveza. There are some really fine ones there, but you gotta move fast. The fine ones that are there at 11:30 are with their dates for the evening, or have plans made for afterward.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just got back from Santiago. There are plenty of chicas but not the more fun environment of Sosua with the beaches, massage parlors, bars, discos, etc all bunched together. Went to Ilusiones, Passions, Kelvins, Casa Blanca, El Monte, Hennessy Disco, and some others I can't remember the names of.
    El Monte Bar is an older crowd interested in hearing good live music. Not many putas. Ilusiones has a strip show & rooms in the back to bang the girls. And they do have some "knock out" girls. Some very hot. Passions is about the same venue but a rougher crowd with lower quality females. Kelvins is good if you want to get a girl's number and call her later. That's not my cup of tea. In Casa Blanca the girls were 2, 3, and 4's. But very friendly with little pressure. Rooms on site.
    Hennessy Disco is downtown and a very young, rough, and possibly dangerous crowd. I went with a Dominican I know and had to be walked to and from my car. This is a place to avoid. But there are plenty of girls in there. It is a strictly Dominican crowd.
    I stayed at the Aloha Sol Hotel in downtown. The food was good with breakfast included. There are chicas in the street day and night. At night I felt like it could be dangerous walking around.
    If you like Haitians like me Santiago is not a place for you. I could not find one Haitian working girl.
    Overall I don't recommend Santiago for hunting chicas. Sosua is the best and for me Santo Domingo is better than Santiago. Even if you hook up with a chica you like I just don't see a lot of convenient places to go to for fun with her. I even like Puerto Plata better with its little neighborhood bars where you can go in and pick out a chica in a casual atmosphere and pay a small exit fee.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FLORIDASUR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Just got back from Santiago. There are plenty of chicas but not the more fun environment of Sosua with the beaches, massage parlors, bars, discos, etc all bunched together. Went to Ilusiones, Passions, Kelvins, Casa Blanca, El Monte, Hennessy Disco, and some others I can't remember the names of.
    El Monte Bar is an older crowd interested in hearing good live music. Not many putas. Ilusiones has a strip show & rooms in the back to bang the girls. And they do have some "knock out" girls. Some very hot. Passions is about the same venue but a rougher crowd with lower quality females. Kelvins is good if you want to get a girl's number and call her later. That's not my cup of tea. In Casa Blanca the girls were 2, 3, and 4's. But very friendly with little pressure. Rooms on site.
    Hennessy Disco is downtown and a very young, rough, and possibly dangerous crowd. I went with a Dominican I know and had to be walked to and from my car. This is a place to avoid. But there are plenty of girls in there. It is a strictly Dominican crowd.
    I stayed at the Aloha Sol Hotel in downtown. The food was good with breakfast included. There are chicas in the street day and night. At night I felt like it could be dangerous walking around.
    If you like Haitians like me Santiago is not a place for you. I could not find one Haitian working girl.
    Overall I don't recommend Santiago for hunting chicas. Sosua is the best and for me Santo Domingo is better than Santiago. Even if you hook up with a chica you like I just don't see a lot of convenient places to go to for fun with her. I even like Puerto Plata better with its little neighborhood bars where you can go in and pick out a chica in a casual atmosphere and pay a small exit fee.

Thanks for the info. I still am looking to experience the area at least once. I will read your trip report for more details if you posted one. I met a guy in Colombia that loves the place! You know how the saying goes! This will be one of the post that I read to remember where to go.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thread Information