Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 02/2005 - Marriott Courtyard

Thanks
    Thanked 11,007 Times in 3,410 Posts

Re: Courtyard Mariott

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    I like the Courtyard better, its cozy and cheaper with free coffee and cookies. Plus you get a pass to the bigger Hotel if you want to swim there.

I agree with you Jimmy.

The Courtyard is also chica-friendly with no guest fee. All the girl needs to do is show her I.D.

The pool at the Mariott sucks. But you can always just head over to the pool at the Jaragua.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cheeno For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    I like the Courtyard better, its cozy and cheaper with free coffee and cookies. Plus you get a pass to the bigger Hotel if you want to swim there.
    Now that I didn't know. Some days that pool is definitely a good place to be. I've seen some real beauties in and around the pool at the Jaragua.

...and free cookies, too? Damn!
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

IMO, Jaragua pool is the BEST in the capital, I have never seen one better. If there is one I would like to know about it and check it out.
    There is always traffic and people using it, and volleyball games, you can check out the honeys and meet interesting people from all over the world and smoke a cigar with them and have a drink.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,007 Times in 3,410 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    IMO, Jaragua pool is the BEST in the capital, I have never seen one better. If there is one I would like to know about it and check it out.
    There is always traffic and people using it, and volleyball games, you can check out the honeys and meet interesting people from all over the world and smoke a cigar with them and have a drink.
    jd426 is correct--the Jaragua has the VERY BEST swimming pool in Santo Domingo.

The Hilton comes in a distant second.

I did not take a picture of the pool at the Jaragua because there were many single guys like me chilling. I do not want their faces in this site. Hey, some of them may be members of this site.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheeno For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeno View Post
    jd426 is correct--the Jaragua has the VERY BEST swimming pool in Santo Domingo.

The Hilton comes in a distant second.

I did not take a picture of the pool at the Jaragua because there were many single guys like me chilling. I do not want their faces in this site. Hey, some of them may be members of this site.
    Great info above on the "guest" pass for the Jaragua pool. I've stayed at the Courtyard both of my visits. My question is this -- do you think the "guest" pass for the Jaragua pool would include a 2nd person? A local who visits (pretty much fulltime) me at the Courtyard?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Seattliter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seattliter View Post
    Great info above on the "guest" pass for the Jaragua pool. I've stayed at the Courtyard both of my visits. My question is this -- do you think the "guest" pass for the Jaragua pool would include a 2nd person? A local who visits (pretty much fulltime) me at the Courtyard?

There were 6 in our group when we went over there.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeno View Post
    I agree with you Jimmy.

The Courtyard is also chica-friendly with no guest fee. All the girl needs to do is show her I.D.
    I would agree, I stayed at the Courtyard in October 2010 and it was chica-friendly but they make you sign a waiver that if anything is damaged due to your guest you are responsible. Great dinner barbeque they had one night. It is more of a low profile chica-friendly type place. It is also away from the malecon & el conde so you would need a taxi or drive. You might want to consider this fact if you want to be close to the casas. Marriott is about 5 - 10 minute drive depending on traffic to get to the malecon. So not really meant if you wanted to walk to the cases. Has anyone been there recently and can provide updates about the Courtyard.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lopkx For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lopkx View Post
    I would agree, I stayed at the Courtyard in October 2010 and it was chica-friendly but they make you sign a waiver that if anything is damaged due to your guest you are responsible. Great dinner barbeque they had one night. It is more of a low profile chica-friendly type place. It is also away from the malecon & el conde so you would need a taxi or drive. You might want to consider this fact if you want to be close to the casas. Marriott is about 5 - 10 minute drive depending on traffic to get to the malecon. So not really meant if you wanted to walk to the cases. Has anyone been there recently and can provide updates about the Courtyard.

I walked it and its a nice way to see whats out and about during the day.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lopkx View Post
    You may also want to mention that it's smack dab in the middle between three universities, for those of you that may enjoy looking at good looking women.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 191 Posts

Based on the board info and the fact I like to have comfortable accommodations I booked to stay there for a few nights at the beginning of my trip in August. I'll let you know how it goes.

EN
    Make me a GREEN BOD!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to explorador negro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 191 Posts

Been in Marriot for a couple days now. I love this hotel when they offer the weekend discounts. For $80/night, good breakfast and wifi included I think its a great deal when you want full American style hotel comfort.

But during the week they raise the prices to $140/ night, no breakfast or wifi included. Out of my price range. They are trying to fleece the business folks working in country. The place is still packed during the week.

Guest friendly. They make you sign a waiver and take a photocopy of her cedula. Otherwise no problems.

EN

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to explorador negro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Marriott Courtyard

Great hotel and good location on Maximo Gomez. This is a old forum, but to give you the latest update, can't say enough good things about the hotel. Very clean, large spacious rooms and yes, still chica friendly. Its top notch for a Courtyard, not like the typical properties in the US. This place has character, in an old style Spanish mansion kind of way. On Wed nights they have a fantastic all-you-eat BBQ (all types of meats and trimmings) out on the patio area. I think its about 500 pesos.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to drsami For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Marriott Courtyard

Anyone stay here lately?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information