Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WARNING THE DOLLAR FOR THE PESO IS 27 AS OF FEB 6!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr
    I have adjusted what I am paying for ST. $17-$18. So I am happy.
    Hotels are in Dollars so they are the same. The biggest thieves are the taxis. $20 from POP to Sosua.
    Amen to that. The chicas have dropped their prices...significantly!

But the fucking cabbies are a bunch of fucking crooks. I don't give a shit how expensive the gas is...!

Thanks
    [quote="dogwood"]
    I have adjusted what I am paying for ST. $17-$18. So I am happy.
    Hotels are in Dollars so they are the same. The biggest thieves are the taxis. $20 from POP to Sosua.
    I llike those prices, my kind of monger.

Willie

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevyboy
    Thanks Lechero, It was good to meet someone who knows what is going on in Sosua, I came back Saturday night. I paid 500 pesos.I will finish my report once I get used to the weather here in Toronto. I am goign through withdrawal right now.
    Actually the best rate in changing money I got was 38.2 to the USD. It was a guy on the street who was new and confused about about changing money. I tried to help but my lack of spanish actually paid off here. I think he didn't undersatnd the differnce between the euro and USD.
    r u sure you didnt mean 28.2...i find 38.2 hard to believe no magtter how new the guy is... he has to know which currency you are giving him!
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas
    Thanks Lechero, It was good to meet someone who knows what is going on in Sosua, I came back Saturday night. I paid 500 pesos.I will finish my report once I get used to the weather here in Toronto. I am goign through withdrawal right now.
    Actually the best rate in changing money I got was 38.2 to the USD. It was a guy on the street who was new and confused about about changing money. I tried to help but my lack of spanish actually paid off here. I think he didn't undersatnd the differnce between the euro and USD.
    r u sure you didnt mean 28.2...i find 38.2 hard to believe no magtter how new the guy is... he has to know which currency you are giving him!
    No Beas, this guy was really fucked up.. i think he was new and just calculated wrong..

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 1,076 Posts
    Yeah i think he was drunk when he exchanged money, no way a dominican would give them that, i bet you he got beat in the head :roll: and thats whats he thought he recieved

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman
    Why not in Dollars, well if short time is $15 then its always going to be $15 and who knows where they convert their money. If we pay say 500 pesos and the Dollar gets stronger, we pay less.
    Fine but are we not paying about the same in $$$ now as a year ago?
    Things have never been so fucked up. The peso went from 20-50 in a year then 50 to 27 in a month. It will adjust.
    Everyone was predicting that it was going to adjust to about 35 to 1 by now and it hasnt ... so when Doctor Jimmy?
    JDR you didn't answer my question and I'm not saying you are wrong but I'm not really buying your explaination. Infact if we had been paying in dollars last year and were still paying indollars we'd be way ahead now.

I'm really just playing Devil's Advocate but I've yet to hear a viable explanation for paying in the local currency.
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts
    Why not in Dollars, well if short time is $15 then its always going to be $15 and who knows where they convert their money. If we pay say 500 pesos and the Dollar gets stronger, we pay less.
    Fine but are we not paying about the same in $$$ now as a year ago?
    Things have never been so fucked up. The peso went from 20-50 in a year then 50 to 27 in a month. It will adjust.
    Everyone was predicting that it was going to adjust to about 35 to 1 by now and it hasnt ... so when Doctor Jimmy?
    JDR you didn't answer my question and I'm not saying you are wrong but I'm not really buying your explaination. Infact if we had been paying in dollars last year and were still paying indollars we'd be way ahead now.

I'm really just playing Devil's Advocate but I've yet to hear a viable explanation for paying in the local currency.

When the peso was gouing down, the massages at M & M were still 300. Now think about it, it it was in Dollars I would never have gotten $6 massages. I was paying chicas 500 pesos at 30-1 and 40-1 and 50-1.

I am still paying about 400 - 500 .

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts
    no, the guy really screwed up. When he said 38, I asked and then he typed 38.3 on his calculator and I still asked. But I just gave up and he handed me 3820 and I gave him the 100, he mumbled something about the 10 pesos and I said ok and left. He just seemed confused the who;e time. I don't think he was drunk, he just didn't know what he was doing. I couldn't believe it either.

Thanks
    no, the guy really screwed up. When he said 38, I asked and then he typed 38.3 on his calculator and I still asked. But I just gave up and he handed me 3820 and I gave him the 100, he mumbled something about the 10 pesos and I said ok and left. He just seemed confused the who;e time. I don't think he was drunk, he just didn't know what he was doing. I couldn't believe it either.
    He wasn't focussed! thought he was typing 28.3.....

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psriches
    a dislexic money changer.... where do i find this guy! haha

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psriches
    a dislexic money changer.... where do i find this guy! haha
    I'm sure he woke up about two minutes after that transaction. That's why Kevy got the fuck out of there!!

Thanks
    I got the fuck out of there, but I think it wasn't until he turned in the USD that he learned the difference between the euro and USD. He did type in 38, because I kept asking and kept typing it at least three times. He qwent from 38 to 38.3. I guess he thought I was a tough negociator, he even had a big smile when I told to forget about the 10 pesos. I didn't see him around again and I was looking.

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts
    I got the fuck out of there, but I think it wasn't until he turned in the USD that he learned the difference between the euro and USD. He did type in 38, because I kept asking and kept typing it at least three times. He qwent from 38 to 38.3. I guess he thought I was a tough negociator, he even had a big smile when I told to forget about the 10 pesos. I didn't see him around again and I was looking.
    He probably was looking for you too! Or is his manager was.

Thanks
    I was thinking that too, but nothing ever happened.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 1,076 Posts
    Come on do I see 30, 30, 30 go up

Thanks

Nothing new with exchange rates...

I spent several weeks in Paradise and got anywhere from 28-32.50. When I finally left, the street was at 29.70....just a few days ago. Sometimes going to the not so obvious places to change money might pay off...like with certain business owners who have a need for dollars are willing to give 1-2 more than you can get on the street. If you are there long enough or have a need to change a lot of dollars, it pays to ask around first.
    MISTER NYC © 2006

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information