Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/2009 - Chica Friendly: Terra Linda Resort

Thanks
    Thanked 45,724 Times in 5,924 Posts

Re: Chica Friendly: Terra Linda Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    I see this place catering more to couples or families rather than single guys. I can't see them allowing girls to hang around the pool. Time will tell.
    i remember when new garden was not chica friendly and probably not making a profit. now its in the ho handbook.
    "Panties are not the best thing in the world, but they are next to it"

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to officemgr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimrock187 View Post
    i have the Rockys rooms as backup.. but i dont think i wanna stay there... looks too crappy like the europa.
    Rocky's is not crappy at all. It is a budget minded place to sleep(etc.) and wash your ass. Its a great spot to eat, meet with friends, and if what your looking for is a budget-minded place to stay...BINGO. But far from "crappy".

We all have to remember, you get what you pay for. And the rooms there serve a purpose at their price point.

Just my two peso's worth for those that need to know from those that are in the know.

Love, Peace, & Chicken Grease
    Feliz Navidad

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

at $70 plus 16% tax = $81.20 vs. $62 at the new garden

7 nights $81.20 x 6 = $487.20 vs. the new garden = $434.00

if you stay 7 nights, the numbers start to a bit better, otherwise they dont work at all

on less than seven night stays, $81.20 vs. $62.00 at the new garden, there is almost 20 bucks a night diff

myself, i enjoy kicking around some with the gals throughout the day/evening and think not having that could hurt terra linda resort. i also dont think you can mix your regular guests and mongers. like oil and water. people pay good money to go and relax, the last thing your typical housewife will want to see her hubby staring at is hookers coming and going

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ralphie1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mho View Post
    Chica friendly but they will not allow girls to come in off the street and hang around. Owner said he wanted to be "like the NG but a bit more upscale, do things a little different". Since he hangs out at the NG, he has to know what sells in Sosua

Yes, the restaurant and bar area look nice but the owner seems to want both mongers and couples and they do not always mix. As far as showing ocean front views on the website, well, see how well that goes with some people who do not know Sosua.

For ocean-front, chica-friendly hotels, Sosua Bay is the only choice in town. $60 a night ocean-front ($50 a night non ocean-front) for 1-2 persons with breakfast included. I talked with the guy at the reception desk last week and he clearly said bringing a girl back was not a problem, no guest fee but if she wanted breakfast, it was $10.

Sosua Bay also advertises on ilovesosua.com, website of the guy who stops by the NG every day to check on his stocks (I forgot the guy's name but I forget everyone's name) and he confirmed that Sosua Bay has become guest-friendly and they do promote the hotel as being an Adults-Only hotel.
    I know you are not talking about this place by the beach which is an AI with families there and is part of Starz. This one is not $50 a day. Where is the other Sosua Bay Hotel down by Casa Marina there east of Waterfront?

Just Doing It

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie1 View Post
    at $70 plus 16% tax = $81.20 vs. $62 at the new garden

7 nights $81.20 x 6 = $487.20 vs. the new garden = $434.00

if you stay 7 nights, the numbers start to a bit better, otherwise they dont work at all

on less than seven night stays, $81.20 vs. $62.00 at the new garden, there is almost 20 bucks a night diff

myself, i enjoy kicking around some with the gals throughout the day/evening and think not having that could hurt terra linda resort. i also dont think you can mix your regular guests and mongers. like oil and water. people pay good money to go and relax, the last thing your typical housewife will want to see her hubby staring at is hookers coming and going
    Let us all keep in mind they stated (hear say at best) that the prices and specials were not completely decided yet. If they open as reported next month I would imagine some smooth talking fool is going to try to work them for a discount for us volume value travelers. Regardless of anyone elses results I will be giving it my good old try.

I know it isn't a guarantee in the DR or anywhere for that matter but smart business people size up the situation and constantly adjust or adjust when it says. "Out of Business".

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by balcoach View Post
    Rocky's is not crappy at all. It is a budget minded place to sleep(etc.) and wash your ass. Its a great spot to eat, meet with friends, and if what your looking for is a budget-minded place to stay...BINGO. But far from "crappy".

We all have to remember, you get what you pay for. And the rooms there serve a purpose at their price point.

Just my two peso's worth for those that need to know from those that are in the know.

Feliz Navidad
    I was waiting for someone to address that tactfully. I don't know why this guy keeps trying to compare a place trying to be a upper scale option to NG New Section ect to Budget accomodations like I posted before.

My kind Sir might I suggest if you want to compare Rocky's respectable budget lodging do it to Don Antonios, CoCo, Orchidee, Sea Breeze ect. ect. ect.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    I know you are not talking about this place by the beach which is an AI with families there and is part of Starz. This one is not $50 a day. Where is the other Sosua Bay Hotel down by Casa Marina there east of Waterfront?

Click to see pic
    That is the one, both of the hotels overlooking the beach have the same owner. Sosua Bay Hotel is also marketed as "Sosua Bay Beach Club", same place w/o the AI feature.

Have I stayed there, No! Did I talk with the front desk guy, Yes! The rate was for 1-2 people, no guest fee, no problems with bringing a guest back as long as she leaves her cedula. The front desk was very clear, almost insistent, in saying that guests were not a problem. This was in the main lobby, which was really quite spectacular BTW. Someone on DR1 sent me pm about a seperate, more discrete entrance.

The rates can be found here, by clicking Sosua Bay Beach Club.

http://www.sosuabayresort.com/

What the rooms are like? I did not ask to tour the hotel since I was coming back from the beach.

If someone else is down there, maybe they can stop by for a visit?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mho For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That is the one, both of the hotels overlooking the beach have the same owner. Sosua Bay Hotel is also marketed as "Sosua Bay Beach Club", same place w/o the AI feature.

Have I stayed there, No! Did I talk with the front desk guy, Yes! The rate was for 1-2 people, no guest fee, no problems with bringing a guest back as long as she leaves her cedula. The front desk was very clear, almost insistent, in saying that guests were not a problem. This was in the main lobby, which was really quite spectacular BTW. Someone on DR1 sent me pm about a seperate, more discrete entrance.

What the rooms are like? I did not ask to tour the hotel since I was coming back from the beach.

Thanks now that I know we are talking about the same one. I did tour this hotel/resort in October but never asked about a non AI option and was not told about one. The front desk person had a guy show me a room and we walked down by the pool. It was very nice and I would stay there if it is chica friendly at the pool? Maybe only guest in the room do you know?
    Was that rate total including tax? Even if not $50 a night with breakfast included would be cheap for this place in my opinion.
    Last edited by mikelodge; 12-20-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: clarity

Thanks

I followed the link but the only rates I can see are for the AI?? Anybody know?

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by balcoach View Post

Feliz Navidad
    True everyone has different price ranges, depends on your budget, I have become the type when travelling alone all I need is a place to lay my head, and have a nice hot shower. When I do this I now prefer to do it as economically as possible as long as the place is clean.

If I go on vacation with my daughter on the other hand, I like a nicer place, because we tend to spend more time in the hotel.

Glad to see you got your original handle back Balcoach.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

I followed the link but the only rates I can see are for the AI?? Anybody know?
    click on Sosua bay beach club.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kevy View Post
    click on Sosua bay beach club.

Got it thanks. When he said hotel naturally that's where I went.
    I see the $50 is without tax and is only Mid April- June 30 and Sept.1-Dec.22.

Looks like all my winter dates fall into the $65 rate for the same thing. Still not a bad option the place was nice.

I might mention that when I looked at 2 rooms the first thing I checked was the safes. I am nuts on that. They have them but charge extra for them. Not sure how much I can't remember if I asked or not but I see it says that under accomodations.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Got it thanks. When he said hotel naturally that's where I went.
    I see the $50 is without tax and is only Mid April- June 30 and Sept.1-Dec.22.

Looks like all my winter dates fall into the $65 rate for the same thing. Still not a bad option the place was nice.

I might mention that when I looked at 2 rooms the first thing I checked was the safes. I am nuts on that. They have them but charge extra for them. Not sure how much I can't remember if I asked or not but I see it says that under accomodations.

They should just include the price of the safes in the Hotel room instead of making it an extra charge. I hate when they quote a price and then all of a sudden theres all these extra charges; Room safe, tax, extra girl in room, etc etc !!!! Fuck that. Give me one price and thats it!!! The New Garden does it the right way !!! One price no suprises!!

The Europa is another prime example of squeezing guys nuts for extra money. Extra girl in room is $15 bucks. Late check out $15 bucks. The new Garden has let me check out late with no extra charge. Way to go New Garden!!!

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    They should just include the price of the safes in the Hotel room instead of making it an extra charge. I hate when they quote a price and then all of a sudden theres all these extra charges; Room safe, tax, extra girl in room, etc etc !!!! Fuck that. Give me one price and thats it!!! The New Garden does it the right way !!! One price no suprises!!

The Europa is another prime example of squeezing guys nuts for extra money. Extra girl in room is $15 bucks. Late check out $15 bucks. The new Garden has let me check out late with no extra charge. Way to go New Garden!!!
    I agree I would prefer it that way too but for me it is the bottom line that counts the most.

I hate where many places charge you to Park ie downtown New Orleans, Hawaii and others places. And that paying for internet wifi or using there lobby computer sucks just as bad.

I recently stayed in Tampa actually Clearwater at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort and they charged $7 a day to use the fitness center because they said it is state of the art. I asked if they had a piece of shit old one for free. NO Go

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Glad to see you got your original handle back Balcoach.

Yes, Jimmy took care of me, getting me back to original name.

One day and a wake up and I am enroute...

Feliz Navidad.

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Problem with staying at the Sosua Beach Hotel would be that long walk up and down the hill every day and especially at night when u got to walk back with a chica. I think it ould get a little boring for me, as i alsays like to shoot the shit ith the guys, especially at breakfast!!!1
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the info on the Sosua bay hotel. I think its also an RCI resort, as in timeshare. Could be wrong but sure Ive seen it on the web. How far is it from La Passions..I have never been to Sosua before..only to BB's at POP.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozeskiman View Post
    Thanks for the info on the Sosua bay hotel. I think its also an RCI resort, as in timeshare. Could be wrong but sure Ive seen it on the web. How far is it from La Passions..I have never been to Sosua before..only to BB's at POP.
    8-10 minute fast walk or 20 minute drunken crawl

Thanks

So a car is not necessary? I had one the last time as BB's was so far away. Driving in DR was not the best though..Apart from chicas what else is there to do during the day in Sosua?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozeskiman View Post
    So a car is not necessary? I had one the last time as BB's was so far away. Driving in DR was not the best though..Apart from chicas what else is there to do during the day in Sosua?
    Friend maybe Jimbo will chime in to answer this he is better qualified but what do you mean?

Food, drinks, pools, pussy, shopping ( although not worth a shit) , beach , beautiful countryside to drive around. Same shit different country as any Latin place. How could you get bored. I can take a $25 rental car in any direction and find something to get into and I don't speak any more Spanish than I have too even though I understand 5 times more than I speak ( which is rare)

Go to New Garden and relax in Paradise with ho's everywhere.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread Information