Thread: How many times can you get an Orange card?

Thanks

How many times can you get an Orange card?

Does anyone know how many times you can get an Orange sim card. I got one in July 2009 and got another one in December 2009. I will be going to Sosua in April 2010, can I get another one, I thought someone told me you can only be issued two in a year. I have an unlocked Blackberry from T-Mobile that works great. If I can't get another Orange Sim card to work with my Blackberry, would I have to go to Claro and buy a phone from them, its not what I want to do. Should I have a chica just go in the Orange store and get me a sim card in her name, would they need the phone. I am not to keen giving any chica my Blackberry. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rookie44 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 686 Posts

Re: How many times can you get an Orange card?

i was not aware there was a limit at all.. this would be good to know now that i am a firm believer in having a my dr phone. or better yet can u just continue to recharge your sim card or does the card itself expire

Quote Originally Posted by rookie44 View Post
    Does anyone know how many times you can get an Orange sim card. I got one in July 2009 and got another one in December 2009. I will be going to Sosua in April 2010, can I get another one, I thought someone told me you can only be issued two in a year. I have an unlocked Blackberry from T-Mobile that works great. If I can't get another Orange Sim card to work with my Blackberry, would I have to go to Claro and buy a phone from them, its not what I want to do. Should I have a chica just go in the Orange store and get me a sim card in her name, would they need the phone. I am not to keen giving any chica my Blackberry. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by rushdog34; 12-22-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: added info
    welcome to the fraternity, *morgan freeman voice*

Thanks
    Thanked 4,555 Times in 660 Posts

I had this very problem on my last trip in November. Weyland can attest to this as he went with me the day I went to the main Orange store in downtown Puerto Plata. Evidently, I had purchased two Orange sim cards in the past. And yes, I had my passport with me to verify everything. Because of policy, they could not issue me another one. I could go ahead and use one of the same account and receive calls immediately. But I could not make calls until the account was reactivated three or four days later. One of the guys at the store was really helpful, but even this insider couldn't get by the corporate roadblocks. Since I was only there for a week and this was already the second day of my trip, I gave up on the process and lived without a phone (I did use my Verizon phone to make calls back to the USA and it worked fine).

My next trip I'm thinking about activating an account with Claro. I understand you can keep the account activated and buy minutes on their website which should solve these recurring problems as well as having a phone number to give to that first chica you meet!

Any other advice, recommendations or experiences are appreciated.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sonrisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa View Post
    I had this very problem on my last trip in November. Weyland can attest to this as he went with me the day I went to the main Orange store in downtown Puerto Plata. Evidently, I had purchased two Orange sim cards in the past. And yes, I had my passport with me to verify everything. Because of policy, they could not issue me another one. I could go ahead and use one of the same account and receive calls immediately. But I could not make calls until the account was reactivated three or four days later. One of the guys at the store was really helpful, but even this insider couldn't get by the corporate roadblocks. Since I was only there for a week and this was already the second day of my trip, I gave up on the process and lived without a phone (I did use my Verizon phone to make calls back to the USA and it worked fine).

My next trip I'm thinking about activating an account with Claro. I understand you can keep the account activated and buy minutes on their website which should solve these recurring problems as well as having a phone number to give to that first chica you meet!

Any other advice, recommendations or experiences are appreciated.
    I had many people offer to sell me working phones. 2 at Baileys, 1 on the beach, 1 at El Flow, and I had a girl with me buy be one in POP for about $15 with minutes added for like 60-90 pesos (I saw her get change back from a hundred which see kept of course). ?. I don't know how many but I used it for about an hour and it still worked. I tossed it after I smashed it so I wouldn't have it with me with any records of who I called.

You would think Weyland would know all about POP and phones but I only no it was easier than finding a Taco place in POP.
    Just Doing It

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    You would think Weyland would know all about POP and phones but I only no it was easier than finding a Taco place in POP.
    WTF????

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

you can buy a cellie for 300 pesos which is only like $8.50US and just add the minutes......you can just give away the cellie or sell it to another monger or a Chica when you leave Paradise......

in Jamaica a similar cellie will cost you at least double........and wi usually keep them and add minutes via the internet to keep the cellies current.....

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    WTF????
    Don't understand the question marks ????
    You obviously know phones are easy to get.
    Do you know of good Taco Places all over the place or what? I got lost finding one.

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    WTF????
    Weyland: Lodge is from another intergalactic galaxy. Please do not try to understand him.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Weyland: Lodge is from another intergalactic galaxy. Please do not try to understand him.
    If it is intergalactic is would be in ours actually. Being from another galaxy would be just that and yes I am it is called Level in the system of Absolute near the moons of Cranberry and Orange. (like the phone).

No offense meant Weyland just a bit of poorly phrased English or American.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

With so many tourist hitting DR for only a week at a time there were runnning out of #s. In the Sousa Orange store (maybe all over the country) They now rent sim cards for 100 pesos and refund the 100 peso when you return it at the end of the trip. You are actually getting a free sim card for your stay. I think it is a great idea as you lose your # anyway if you don't get down there often.
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thread Information