Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South America to DR!

Thanks
    Oddly enough, as I sit here in Salvador, Bahia Brazil (been here since Jan. 31st) on this last day of Carnival, I am pondering ways to get to Sousa DR TOMORROW, as I don´t have to be back in the office until Feb. 15th!

no such luck as of yet!

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin
    Oddly enough, as I sit here in Salvador, Bahia Brazil (been here since Jan. 31st) on this last day of Carnival, I am pondering ways to get to Sousa DR TOMORROW, as I don´t have to be back in the office until Feb. 15th!

no such luck as of yet!
    American Airlines thru Puerto Rico.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thing is, i`m on TAM, which is a partner of American Airlines.. I am supposed to leave Bahia tomorrow, back into Miami, then to Washington, DC..

Why go back home to the cold, when I can go to DR for a few nights, and go home MONDAY, since I dont have to be back in the office til Tuesday..

*sigh*

I really need to go upstairs and call TAM

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thing is, i`m on TAM, which is a partner of American Airlines.. I am supposed to leave Bahia tomorrow, back into Miami, then to Washington, DC..

Why go back home to the cold, when I can go to DR for a few nights, and go home MONDAY, since I dont have to be back in the office til Tuesday..

*sigh*

Miami to Sosua then. (POP)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

*sigh*

1) Its 58 degrees in DC

2) Why not shoot down to Rio, Sao Paulo or up to Colombia or Venezuela if the DR flight doesn't work. All are closer.

Thanks
    I´m literally exhausted, i´ve put down 17 since my arrival in Salvador, and I gave Rio some thought, but i´ve been there 3 times and know what to expect..

I´ve never been to the DR, so I wanted to try something different..

Thanks for all the info, I will try to go from Miami early Friday morning since I go through Sao Paulo into Miami and get there early in the AM..

I hope the change is no more than $300, anything like $500 and i´ll have to decline.

Now I need recommendations on places to stay.. The Palace is out, any other options??

After nearly 2 weeks of fun and you can guess what else, i´m nearly spent.. I want to keep my weekend in the DR under a grand atleast... (closer to $700)..

Thanks
    Call me impulsive, but I was on WorldSexGuide.org reading DR reports and said `what the hell, youve got the time, why not just GO´

and here I am today, trying to stop over in the DR from Brazil.. Life is great like that..

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts
    Europa is decent you can try that. About $30 a night.

Thanks
    Oh yeah, and please keep in mind, I speak NO SPANISH.. ops: ops:

Would this be a trip wasted?

Thanks
    Europa, I saw that online... I figured it´d be pretty dry there this time a year, being as Valentines Day is Monday and all, many mongers are home planning things for wifey..

I´m a single impulsive black male, travelling alone, with no spanish skills, 2 credit cards, and about $1300 US Cash... ops: Im a walking target so to speak!! (good thing, i´m 6´4 250 Solid.. so that sometimes proves as a deterance factor)

This is getting more and more interesting.. I´ve been looking at some DR women pics and i´m just about SOLD!!

Thanks
    Sorry Admin.

Thanks for the move and title change. ops:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by el_papi_chew_low
    Europa is decent you can try that. About $30 a night.
    I think they are up to $40 now?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

There are 10 members from here in Sosua now. You are never ALONE!

Thanks
    Alright, going up to my room now to contact TAM and find out what the prices to change my flight are. If the members from here log on, tell them that a NEWBIE is on the way, and would like to learn the ropes.

I will log on later with my findings, and I also took a look at the Europa website, it doesnt tell you if its booked solid or not, so i´m just going to show up with my bags.

$40 a night is GREAT.. I could actually pay up to $75 a night on the room, but $40 is certainly more money towards other things..

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

Then I have you by about 20 spanish words.

Sosua is never a wasted trip although I'm usually wasted when in Sosua
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

Thanks

quite a few go down with no spanish skills, but sex is a universal language...just pick up the basics and you'll be aiight!!!

Thanks
    Europa, I saw that online... I figured it´d be pretty dry there this time a year, being as Valentines Day is Monday and all, many mongers are home planning things for wifey..

I´m a single impulsive black male, travelling alone, with no spanish skills, 2 credit cards, and about $1300 US Cash... ops: Im a walking target so to speak!! (good thing, i´m 6´4 250 Solid.. so that sometimes proves as a deterance factor)

This is getting more and more interesting.. I´ve been looking at some DR women pics and i´m just about SOLD!!
    is he trying to give us his stats???...ummmm, we are all straight here!!!, lol....save that for Sosua

Thanks

You wont have any problem in Sosua. It's alot smaller and less dangerous than Rio. You can get a cheap AA flight from MIA to Santiago $169 using AA Netsaver. Then take a bus 2 hour bus ride from STI to Sosua

Thanks
    So then its settled (man do I hate this Portuguese keyboard)...

got a flight out of MIA Friday at 12:58PM and into POP at 3:57PM
    out of POP Monday at 5:15PM and into MIA at 6:26PM

total came in at $350.05 (American Airlines - the AASavers was 7 days in advance, so I could have booked for $169 for NEXT WEEK into Santiago, but I have major work when I get home, and wont be able to sneak away for atleast 2 or 3 months)

not a bad deal at all, now i´m about to TRY to make some reservations at Europa´s..

Wish me luck!!

I assume I can just tell TAM Airlines that I want to put a break in my flight, as I am supposed to fly from Salvador, to Sao Paulo, to Miami, to Washington... I will try to break the flight on Friday morning in Miami and resume it on Monday night... They may try to hit me with a $200 International Flight Change Fee, but it´d be well worth it if things go as planned in the DR..

Thanks for the impulsive motivation fellaz, you guys are going to be the downfall of a somewhat beginner monger (although, 6 trips to Brazil might qualify me as a bit more than a ''beginner'')

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts
    You will be amazed at how well you do. You're going to have a great time. Make sure you read this board some more before you get there. You'll find out where to hang and even pick up some Spanish phrases. Have fun and be sure to report back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information