Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scotch and Sirloin Restaurant

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Re: Scotch and Sirloin Restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by thirdrexx View Post
    just stayed week at terra linda ate breakfast a few lunches and dinners there everything was good !!!! the so called $10 chica breakfast charge only costs what the guest actually orders beautiful unless shes a pig ahaha the place isnt really opened yet talked with vincent one of the owners hes doing changes everyday wants a quality place the musicans idea came from my crew who sat at tables on sidewalk engaging the chicas when street players came by we had them stay about 1/2 hr chicas loved it crowd gathered
    I only have had breakfast there once and it was good and one light luch of Mahi mahi with so side orders. It was good and fresh tasting and I wanted fish.

thirdrexx remember the skinny one on the pole at Seacrets. Well she was there again last night when two fat ones went at it in a fight but don't want to jack the TL dining so that will be in a different thread.
    Just Doing It

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ahaha we nicked named her the monkey my other buddy did her ahahaha shes a animal--------------now back to scotch and sirloin

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdrexx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 Times in 253 Posts

If Scotch n' Sirloin is the Restaurant in the Terra Linda then I ate there twice in March this year. Once for dinner and then the next morning for breakfast. I don't recall the prices so they must have been in line with what I was accustomed to paying at other restaurants but I would have to say food quality for both meals was VERY GOOD and I will certainly be back there in June. Will report back with prices.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Festy View Post
    If Scotch n' Sirloin is the Restaurant in the Terra Linda then I ate there twice in March this year. Once for dinner and then the next morning for breakfast. I don't recall the prices so they must have been in line with what I was accustomed to paying at other restaurants but I would have to say food quality for both meals was VERY GOOD and I will certainly be back there in June. Will report back with prices.
    Yes Sir you are correct that's it. As a fellow Chicagoan albeit hiding in the northwoods we know our food. I would love to have the Mahi Mahi tomorrow for breakfast. I will be stuck eating some venison steak and fried potatoes with onions.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My amiga and I ate there last Thursday night-I thought it was real good,we both had the Steak and Lobster. I did stay at the hotel, I thought the complimentary breakfast in the morning was better than your normal free breakfast. If I remembe right you have a choice of 2 eggs, or french toast, pancakes or fruit plate.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dukes1963 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,539 Times in 1,755 Posts

The Mac Man

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Passport Playa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Yes Sir you are correct that's it. As a fellow Chicagoan albeit hiding in the northwoods we know our food. I would love to have the Mahi Mahi tomorrow for breakfast. I will be stuck eating some venison steak and fried potatoes with onions.
    ....and FREE refills on Coffee too. I like coffee with my breakfast and the FREE refills are nice. My last trip to Rocky's they were charging for EACH cup of coffee, not sure if the changed that policy. Can't remember but like 25-35 pesos a cup. New Garden was still offering FREE refills with breakfast, I like the breakfast there too...when the kitchen isn't busy.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

....and FREE refills on Coffee too. I like coffee with my breakfast and the FREE refills are nice. My last trip to Rocky's they were charging for EACH cup of coffee, not sure if the changed that policy. Can't remember but like 25-35 pesos a cup. New Garden was still offering FREE refills with breakfast, I like the breakfast there too...when the kitchen isn't busy.
    Free is my favorite 4 letter word preferably followed by Sex.
    Last edited by mikelodge; 05-13-2010 at 05:58 PM. Reason: sp

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

I never look that closely at my bill but believe that coffee is still free with a breakfast...2 cups anyway. If you only have coffee it's somewhere around 30 pesos for 2 cups, total, not each. Still hard to beat unless you're buying that nasty stuff from a street vendor for 10+ pesos a thimble full, jejeje
    Once upon a time there were people that would come in, use the free wifi ALL DAY and drink 'free' coffee all day, occupying tables that paying customers could have been seated at and paying basically nada. not fair to the owner or the rest of us IMO....
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Free is my favorite 4 letter word preferably followed by Sex.
    A friend of mine used to annoy me with "i know where to get the best price on this or that" . Finally i got tired of it and said " is it BETTER than free".. no? , then STFU already.........
    but some places will nickel and dime you. I wont name them here.but one of them will never get my money again.

Im definitely gonna try Scotch and Sirloin, maybe the Surf and Turf..

Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman View Post
    Once upon a time there were people that would come in, use the free wifi ALL DAY and drink 'free' coffee all day, occupying tables that paying customers could have been seated at and paying basically nada. not fair to the owner or the rest of us IMO....
    But thats just silly.. its free WITH YOUR MEAL. thats just common sense.
    why would management allow such a thing ?

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    A friend of mine used to annoy me with "i know where to get the best price on this or that" . Finally i got tired of it and said " is it BETTER than free".. no? , then STFU already.........
    but some places will nickel and dime you. I wont name them here.but one of them will never get my money again.

Im definitely gonna try Scotch and Sirloin, maybe the Surf and Turf..

But thats just silly.. its free WITH YOUR MEAL. thats just common sense.
    why would management allow such a thing ?
    Like that 26% tax and service fee some add and still expect a tip in some dumb wood box like I am going to fill it up with more tip money

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Like that 26% tax and service fee some add and still expect a tip in some dumb wood box like I am going to fill it up with more tip money
    Worse than that is a restaurant which has a BIG SIGN outside that Presidentes are 75 pesos, and then u get your bill and they are 100 pesos each.
    not naming names... and then + the 26% which fucks up the bill big time, esp if its padded already .

but I dont want to hijack this thread esp since its about GOOD FOOD AT THE SCOTCH AND SIRLOIN.. where i DO plan on having a couple meals.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman View Post
    I never look that closely at my bill but believe that coffee is still free with a breakfast...2 cups anyway. If you only have coffee it's somewhere around 30 pesos for 2 cups, total, not each. Still hard to beat unless you're buying that nasty stuff from a street vendor for 10+ pesos a thimble full, jejeje
    Three of us ate FULL Breakfast orders off the menu. NO WiFi usage. The girls each had O.J. and I had 3 cups of coffee....ALL 3 cups of coffee we listed on the bill. Yes, it was around 30 pesos a cup so it was 90 pesos for 3 cups of Joe in addition to paying for my meal....and the girl's meals. Years of travel to Cuba has encouraged me to EXAM the bill when it comes to the table for accuracy. Mistakes happen, often times HONEST mistakes.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,600 Times in 506 Posts

Three of us ate FULL Breakfast orders off the menu. NO WiFi usage. The girls each had O.J. and I had 3 cups of coffee....ALL 3 cups of coffee we listed on the bill. Yes, it was around 30 pesos a cup so it was 90 pesos for 3 cups of Joe in addition to paying for my meal....and the girl's meals. Years of travel to Cuba has encouraged me to EXAM the bill when it comes to the table for accuracy. Mistakes happen, often times HONEST mistakes.
    i saw mad laptops being used on tables, maybe wifi was down the day you tried.
    it's not where you're from, it's where you're at.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

You always have to examine the bill in the DR. If you dont mind a padded bill then hey thats your choice. I have seen some majorly padded bills in Classicos and Latinos for example over the years. Guys acting like bigshots and the waiter politely asks if you want to run a tab. Then at the end of the night when the bill is 16,000 pesos and your drunk good luck arguing how many mysterious drinks ended up on your bill.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    You always have to examine the bill in the DR. If you dont mind a padded bill then hey thats your choice. I have seen some majorly padded bills in Classicos and Latinos for example over the years. Guys acting like bigshots and the waiter politely asks if you want to run a tab. Then at the end of the night when the bill is 16,000 pesos and your drunk good luck arguing how many mysterious drinks ended up on your bill.
    yes always examine, for instance 3 of us got the special cheesburger for the day at scotch and....

well when the bill came there was 2 specials on their and 1 sirloin burger which cost double of the special so we had to have them change it. totally agree to review but nothing to be to anal about.

i also never run a tab with bartenders i dont know here in the states so i for sure would not be running no tab at a bar in sosua. i pay beer by beer since most are using cash anyway, if you are using a credit card that would be different.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Coming up HU's review of Scotch and Sirloin

Thanks
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 296 Posts

I stayed at TL about 3 weeks ago, I thought the breakfast was very good there, tried about everything they offered, I agree with Festy, I like my coffee in the mornings with breakfast. After the second day the waiter got tired of re-filling my cup and just left the pot on the table every morning after that. We ate there as a group one night, there was at least 10 of us, and the dinner was real good, and the portions were hefty. I wouldn't say cheap, but real competitive compared to most places there. To bad TL raised there rates since then and ( at least what they told me ) no more promotional deal or discounts for paying cash. Rooms start at 69.00 now. I'm going back end of Aug and think I'm just going to stay at NG. The Wi-Fi worked when I was there, but I notices weak signal and some down time the week I was there. Had to go to NG to use Wi-Fi a few times.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to hwyrider37 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yeah the portions were pretty big with everything i ordered for sure.

the chicken breast i noticed was small and even the assistant manager jennifer said that when they brought it to her. i heard her tell her dad it was the smallest chicken breast she has seen.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to imrealareyou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,088 Times in 2,301 Posts

The food was good, and the free breakfast was made to order and not a buffet. They also had lunch specials. They had wireless at the pool and in the restaurant. You can still get the $59.00 special. At that price the TL blows away any Hotel in Sosua.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TONYTNT40 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information