Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stricter Rules for carry-ons!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

Thumbs Down Stricter Rules for carry-ons!!!

As a result of the failed terrorist attack yesterday, there are some new rules everyone should he aware of!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_airlin...ck_regulations

Airlines: New rules keep passengers in seats

By JOAN LOWY, Associated Press Writer Joan Lowy, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 32 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Some airlines were telling passengers on Saturday that new government security regulations prohibit them from leaving their seats beginning an hour before landing

The regulations are a response to a suspected terrorism incident on Christmas Day.

Air Canada said in a statement that new rules imposed by the Transportation Security Administration limit on-board activities by passengers and crew in U.S. airspace. The airline said that during the final hour of flight passengers must remain seated. They won't be allowed access to carryon baggage or to have any items on their laps.

Flight attendants on some domestic flights are informing passengers of similar rules. Passengers on a flight from New York to Tampa Saturday morning were also told they must remain in their seats and couldn't have items in their laps, including laptops and pillows.

The TSA issued a security directive for U.S.-bound flights from overseas, according to a transportation security official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to speak publicly.

The official said passengers traveling internationally could see increased security screening at gates and when they check their bags, as well as additional measures on flights such as stowing carryons and personal items before the plane lands.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said in a statement Saturday that passengers flying to the U.S. from overseas may notice extra security, but she said the measures "are designed to be unpredictable, so passengers should not expect to see the same thing everywhere."

A Nigerian passenger on a Northwest Airlines flight from Amsterdam allegedly attempted to start a fire as the plane prepared to land in Detroit on Friday, according to authorities. The incident has sparked a major international terrorism investigation.

Air Canada said it was limiting passengers to one carryon bag in response to a request from the U.S. and Canadian governments.

The airline advised U.S.-bound passengers to restrict their carryon item to "the absolute minimum" or to not carry any bag on board at all.

"Carriage of any carryon item will result in lengthy security delays for the customer," the airline said.

U.S.-bound flights on all airlines are experiencing significant delays, said Duncan Dee, Air Canada's executive vice president and chief operating officer.

A spokeswoman with Infraero, a Brazilian government agency that oversees airport infrastructure, said that airlines had been asked by federal authorities to add another layer of security for international flights originating in the country after the attempted attack in the U.S.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because she was not authorized to discuss the matter, said that passengers would face an extra screening that would take place just before they boarded planes. She would give no more details, citing security concerns.

David Castelveter, a spokesman for the Air Transport Association, said the domestic airline industry has been in close coordination with the security administration since Friday's incident and there will be increased scrutiny of passengers. He declined to comment on whether new regulations have been put in place.

___

Associated Press writers Eileen Sullivan in Washington and Bradley Brooks in Rio de Janeiro contributed to this report.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Stricter Rules for carry-ons!!!

So this looks like it is going to limit the amount of carry-on luggage we can bring on. This is going to hurt the guys who like to just bring on carry-on. It is also going to pad the airlines pockets because the extra bag that will now need to be checked in, will bring a fee with it. I hope the government asks the airlines to drop a fee for a bag that is now regulated to be checked in, instead of fucking us over again!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

the last hour of the flight I need to use the bathroom like 3 times . . . the booze is flowin strong and the seal has long since been broken . . .

Is this going to affect my alcohol intake on my flight ? ? ?
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to the_Jayman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_Jayman View Post
    the last hour of the flight I need to use the bathroom like 3 times . . . the booze is flowin strong and the seal has long since been broken . . .

I think we will need to invest in those things you can piss in without having to go to the bathroom for those flights!!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Sounds more like it will affect your alcohol outflow

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

the last hour of the flight I need to use the bathroom like 3 times . . .
    mi too......and mi always use the bathroom in the last twenty minutes before wi land........don't know about this......dem better start building bathrooms at every gate for when wi get off the planes......lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    mi too......and mi always use the bathroom in the last twenty minutes before wi land........don't know about this......dem better start building bathrooms at every gate for when wi get off the planes......lol
    One incident and without giving them the time of reflection they change the rules.

That 's stupid.

Another incident and they 'll have to lock the passengers on their seat when they get on the plane and untlil they land.

Risk zero doesn't exist...

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tomgueguen For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tomgueguen View Post
    One incident and without giving them the time of reflection they change the rules.

That 's stupid.

Another incident and they 'll have to lock the passengers on their seat when they get on the plane and untlil they land.

Risk zero doesn't exist...
    I agree 100% with you Tom!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,134 Times in 2,768 Posts

Was reading quite a few articles posted on other boards and the general consensus is this limit on carry-ons was in place before this maroon, it was to encourage people traveling over the holidays to "check" all their extra luggage as it becomes problematic when carry on space is taken with boatloads of gifts from Grandma

Also read that Westjet has already advised that the limit on carry-ons will be relaxed for travel after December 30. As for no bathroom breaks, the rule was already in place that you had to return to your seat when the seat belt light was on anyways, they're just going to turn it on earlier. You can still use the shittery you just can't "lounge" around the galley or shoot the shit with someone 5 seats behind you anymore

There's also been quite a bit of hysteria about flight delays from YYZ to the USA, which is i part due to extra security but also helped by freezing rain and closed runways delaying flights from landing. This won't go on as the airlines aren't going to deal with lost revenue due to missed connections.

Also read that AC was first to jump on board with the new policy for flights USA bound, yet CO, UA and US also flying from YYZ did not.

2010 is an Olympic year in Canada that begins in 6 weeks, it's a golden goose for the airline industry, they aren't going to kill it.

I predict there'll be a bunch of yadda, yadda and over reaction, tightened security at some International cities with flights US bound and the never ending debate over what's a liquid and what's a gel, will continue indefinitely.

I have 4 monger trips booked, only one (unfortunately the first one) has a USA connection. I won't bring any luggage I don't need and I will bring one carry-on as opposed to 2. I'm expecting by the date of my trip (Jan 12th, we will be back to normal)

I do expect that air travel will suck the hind teat for the next few weeks though
    Last edited by Klockman; 12-26-2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: typos

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Klockman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I suspect that will happen shortly in the New Year is that the "security" charge we pay as part of the taxes on our tickets will be raised and we'll see the same security we have now, we'll be told that the "system" is being overhauled for our safety but we'll never know the specifics.

A few guys that post on travel sites commented that YYZ was the same today no difference with the glaring exception that ALL US flights were delayed, including some as long as 4 hours and many were canceled outright.

This has a bigger effect on travel than 9/11 or the shoe maroon had. The US travel industry was crippled after 9/11 and much money was spent to build up confidence and keep all these airlines in business, you start cancelling flights, which in turn cancels hotels, which in turns drives up fares and taxes for those of us flying in half empty planes.

For those of us that travel to SA, especially MDE, BOG and GIG already see much more security, I predict that North American travel will be raised to that level before they start expecting people to wear depends.

But ya ya, don't get drunk on flights for the next month!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Klockman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Klockman View Post
    But ya ya, don't get drunk on flights for the next month!
    I'll make ya a deal . . . I won't get drunk on a plane for the next 21 days ! ! !

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the_Jayman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

All because of mutherfucking terrorists, we have to turn our world upside down!!!
    If people were doing their job, this mutherfucker would have been stopped. First of all he buys a one way ticket; HELLO, RED FLAG!; Second he boarded in fucking Nigeria!! One could only imagine what security must be like over there.
    Eventhough this mutherfucker didnt succed in blowing up the plane, he still accomplished a secondary goal of terrorists, and that is to wreak havoc on our travel system by forcing our gov't to implement new restrictions thereby raising travel costs even more and causing fear.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,498 Times in 5,141 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bxfcsosua View Post
    All because of mutherfucking terrorists, we have to turn our world upside down!!!
    If people were doing their job, this mutherfucker would have been stopped. First of all he buys a one way ticket; HELLO, RED FLAG!; Second he boarded in fucking Nigeria!! One could only imagine what security must be like over there.
    Eventhough this mutherfucker didnt succed in blowing up the plane, he still accomplished a secondary goal of terrorists, and that is to wreak havoc on our travel system by forcing our gov't to implement new restrictions thereby raising travel costs even more and causing fear.
    Guantanemo the muthafucka.
    HAVE FUN AND ENJOY LIFE!!!
    HAPPINESS TAKES WORK!!!
    FIGHT FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Chewie, get us out of here!!

OH, and I almost forgot, If I am a Post Whore then at least I am DISEASE FREE, MUTHAFUCKAS!!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blacksultan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bxfcsosua View Post
    Not meant to fuel your anger but he was also on a no-fly list so both the people in AMS that let him on a plane bound for the US AND the guys in the USA who have a list of passengers enroute both fell down on this

A week, two tops of paranoia, then we'll see security fees jacked up and everything will return to our regularly scheduled travel

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Klockman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Klockman View Post
    Not meant to fuel your anger but he was also on a no-fly list
    NO SHIT ? ? ?

fuckin idiots ! ! !

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the_Jayman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

had read that he was NOT on the no fly list, but that he was under some scrutiny because his father contacted the us embasy as to his fanatical religious beliefs and fears his son would try something

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ralphie1 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

This is exactly parallel to the GUN laws & criminals. The authorities DO NOT ENFORCE the Regulations already IN PLACE, but they want US (innocent law abiding citizens) to consent to even MORE regulations. We get penalized and inconvenienced because people don't do their jobs in the first place.
    Laws and regulations protect NOONE, PEOPLE protect PEOPLE.
    What we are dealing with is a clusterfuck of incompetence, and the terrorists are WINNING. The goal of wreaking havoc as bxfcsosua stated earlier, has been accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie1 View Post
    had read that he was NOT on the no fly list, but that he was under some scrutiny because his father contacted the us embasy as to his fanatical religious beliefs and fears his son would try something
    Thats what was said, his own father warned us , and it was IGNORED. How the F*** do they expain that one ??

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

That is true. He was not on the no fly list but was on the terrorist watch list.
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Being in the Detroit area there are interviews in the local newspapers with passengers that live in this area.

One such interview with a couple who are lawyers retuning from a safari.

They stated that they saw a very nicely dressed and rich looking Indian man approached the ticket counter in Amsterdam with a scaggly looking younger man wanting to buy a one way ticket to Detroit for the young man. The young man did not have a passport of visa. The pair was sent off to the manager.

As the incident was in progress the guy said that he was one of the passengers that left his seat to help put out the fire and subdue the terrorist. He was very surprised to see that it was the same scraggly man he saw in Amderdam.

Come on now........a scraggly middle eastern male buying a one way ticket to the US with no passport, no visa, no luggage and apparently no money......and they left him on the flight!?!?!?!

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Good gravy!

That's even worse

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klockman For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information