Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More on SD Hooters

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

More on SD Hooters

Well, not only is Hooters coming to Santo Domingo, but it's opening in another month or so.

They owners set up a Facebook a few days ago, and it's already got over 1700 subscribers....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Santo-...c/208546107358
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Re: More on SD Hooters

Well hopefully they run it like the Hooters in the States, and we have another good option for watching sporting events in D.R.

Mr. Happy, I am sure they have their location picked out if they are opening up in a month, where exactly will this be located?
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

The first location will be in Acropolis. . . .which means acropolis will have Outback, Fridays and Hooters. Chilis is also on it's way. I smell a ISOC SDQ bar crawl starting off at Hooters. . .. . it is walking distance to mambo bar and I have not been there in months;-)

I may get a projector and run cable up to the roof. . .. .if I buiy a BBQ. . .we could watch games on the roof and I make better wings than Hooters. . .. plus I am a short walk from jaragua sports book. . . . . .

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Well hopefully they run it like the Hooters in the States, and we have another good option for watching sporting events in D.R.

Mr. Happy, I am sure they have their location picked out if they are opening up in a month, where exactly will this be located?
    They're in Acropolis. They're opening very soon; I'd say less than 2 months.

There's a bunch of other stateside place about to open there as well. I think there's a Chilis, um.... Starbucks, and a few others I don't remember at the moment...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post

But hopefully if I smack a waitress lightly on the ass as she walks by I wont get arrested like u would here in the states. Also, Im guessing asking for her # for some after work activities won't be frowned upon either ? It would be the ultimate Hooters in the Chain.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    But hopefully if I smack a waitress lightly on the ass as she walks by I wont get arrested like u would here in the states. Also, Im guessing asking for her # for some after work activities won't be frowned upon either ? It would be the ultimate Hooters in the Chain.
    Sure you could, but then you'd be showing everyone around you what an classless, undereducated person you really are.

It's imperative to always act like there a television camera pointed at you every moment. Do that in front of folks here, and you help reinforce the way people view all expats in general.

I don't think you would actually do such a thing,(I hope) but I've seen guys that have done that very thing. And if you get in trouble with some locals, don't yell at me to help.

It's very embarrassing.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've never done such a thing in the DR, maily because I am a guest there, so im guessing I probably would not in the future , but truthfully i do think about it, and quite often .
    (in the voice of George Costanza) Was that wrong ?

In some parts of Europe, its quite acceptable, encouraged in fact. so, It depends where you're at .

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've never done such a thing in the DR, maily because I am a guest there, so im guessing I probably would not in the future , but truthfully i do think about it, and quite often .

In some parts of Europe, its quite acceptable, encouraged in fact. so, It depends where you're at .
    You're absolutely right. I agree with you 100%

But by the natives, not the guests. That kind of thing, done to the wrong girl at the wrong time, could easily get you into unbelievably hot water.

As an example, I was at the movies the other day, and ran into a EXTREMELY young woman who works at my mailbox business. I consider her to be a very good friend. She's also easily one of the prettiest women I'll ever know, and I know a LOT of attractive women.

All of the sudden, I felt a hand grab my arm, and turned to see a VERY angry boyfriend. She had to act quickly and explain who I was. He was visibly embarassed, and extremely apologetic.

To my shock, he stated that he always has a problem with Expats and tourists who apparently aren't aware that they are guests in a foreign country.

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prtyr2 View Post
    The first location will be in Acropolis. . . .which means acropolis will have Outback, Fridays and Hooters. Chilis is also on it's way. I smell a ISOC SDQ bar crawl starting off at Hooters. . .. . it is walking distance to mambo bar and I have not been there in months;-)

I may get a projector and run cable up to the roof. . .. .if I buiy a BBQ. . .we could watch games on the roof and I make better wings than Hooters. . .. plus I am a short walk from jaragua sports book. . . . . .
    Let me suggest that crawl to be right after Yayow Bday return they will be open by then. The first round is on me for all 3 of you resident posters and a little something extra for Yayow for a belated Bday gift.
    Just Doing It

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

While I would not do this any in country (inlcuding the US) to a chica that I was not personally involved with/dating or unless I was asked to do it, my ass was slapped many times by chicas when I was walking down the street or was hanging out in clubs when I lived in Italy. Mostly in Rome. Once it happened three times in one block. It also happened when I lived in London. None of the chicas appeared not to be pros (I could be wrong). It was good to be the guest their country.
    Last edited by Dragonlorde; 01-07-2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Because I cannot type

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragonlorde For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlorde View Post
    While I would not do this any in country (inlcuding the US) to a chica that I was not personally involved with/dating or unless I was asked to do it, my ass was slapped many times by chicas when I was walking down the street or was hanging out in clubs when I lived in Italy. Mostly in Rome. Once it happened three times in one block. It also happened when I lived in London. None of the chicas appeared not to be pros (I could be wrong). It was good to be the guest their country.
    Proper groping manners (to drunk to spell ediquite) would be a arm around the back then down to the waist and south if the lovely's face gives permission.

I don't go where I am not welcome. The welcome mat and the open sign are always on somewhere else.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Sure you could, but then you'd be showing everyone around you what an classless, undereducated person you really are.

It's imperative to always act like there a television camera pointed at you every moment. Do that in front of folks here, and you help reinforce the way people view all expats in general.

I don't think you would actually do such a thing,(I hope) but I've seen guys that have done that very thing. And if you get in trouble with some locals, don't yell at me to help.

It's very embarrassing.
    So you saying the guy I took to eagles like 8 years ago that immediately spun the waitress around and fondled her ass was being an ugly american? lol.I wanted to die from embarassment.

I took one guy to a piano bar called jotas and when my fave waitress who was about 6 foot tall came over, he immediately asked her to dance bachata. When he came back he was smiling ear to ear and she looked pissed. He said he was grabbing her ass and she kept saying she was just a waitress. He was laughing like that had to be a lie.

I had to go back a few nights later and apologize. Funny thing is I then went to see my fave waitress at Casona Dorada and told her the story as she asked for him. When I told her, she said he had stopped in in while I was out of town and tried groping her as well. I had to apologize again.

Thanks

You Dirty American , with your filthy paws.... Gringo Go Away and leave the ass grabbing to us ............................................................................................

jajajajajajajajajajajajajaja

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summit For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Where in Europe is this ?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vagabond For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Was wondering the same thing dammit!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Italy. Rome in particular.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I experienced it in Northern Italy, near the border of the French Riviera, (Monte carlo) Did a Bus trip there. Italian girls flirted very openly, whistling, call you Bambino, and touching you as you walk by, so your grab their hand ,touch the ass. Not sure if they were working or not,they seemed like College girls to me. If I spoke Italian im sure I would have done ok.
    But in many parts of Italy its a national pasttime, to whistle and slightly tap girls on the ass if she walks by close enough. I have also observed it in other parts of Europe like vacation spots in Romania , but I hear especially at the Black Sea, costanta (pronouced Costanza) , where you can also do public baths in the NUDE.
    Sadly have not been there , but have family who vacationed there every summer for many many years. Most countries in Europe, when they are on vacation, it seems ANYTHING goes, they are not as hung up about personal space as we are in the US. In the German Discos, I used to squeeze girls asses all the time, never a problem esp if you dance with them just once. Just make sure there is no jealous BF around or you are toast.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I experienced it in Northern Italy, near the border of the French Riviera, (Monte carlo) Did a Bus trip there. Italian girls flirted very openly, whistling, call you Bambino, and touching you as you walk by, so your grab their hand ,touch the ass. Not sure if they were working or not,they seemed like College girls to me. If I spoke Italian im sure I would have done ok.
    But in many parts of Italy its a national pasttime, to whistle and slightly tap girls on the ass if she walks by close enough. I have also observed it in other parts of Europe like vacation spots in Romania , but I hear especially at the Black Sea, costanta (pronouced Costanza) , where you can also do public baths in the NUDE.
    Sadly have not been there , but have family who vacationed there every summer for many many years. Most countries in Europe, when they are on vacation, it seems ANYTHING goes, they are not as hung up about personal space as we are in the US. In the German Discos, I used to squeeze girls asses all the time, never a problem esp if you dance with them just once. Just make sure there is no jealous BF around or you are toast.
    Getting off the jack and back on track of the OP- Mr. Happy do you have anymore updated info on when Hooters will open in SD? I would love to visit there when I will be down in the capitol in the second week of March. I think I will try a orange short rub as opposed to a fresh squeezed orange.
    Last edited by mikelodge; 01-30-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: clarity

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Getting off the jack and back on track of the OP- Mr. Happy do you have anymore updated info on when Hooters will open in SD? I would love to visit there when I will be down in the capitol in the second week of March. I think I will try a orange short rub as opposed to a fresh squeezed orange.
    They had originally said early Feb, but the construction is going oh so slow. (I just noticed they changed the date on their facebook page to March)

It's going to be pretty big, if they have the same space that Stir & Fry had when they were there.

It'll also be probably one of the nicest Hooters around, given affluent Dominican's tastes for nothing but the best....

35. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    They had originally said early Feb, but the construction is going oh so slow. (I just noticed they changed the date on their facebook page to March)

It's going to be pretty big, if they have the same space that Stir & Fry had when they were there.

It'll also be probably one of the nicest Hooters around, given affluent Dominican's tastes for nothing but the best....
    My friends have a bartender that also works at a Hooters in MN. She always asks me to get her those little tank tops they were with the name of the location on them. Then she wears them to work. It is like a status thing I guess.

She always pays me for them and I get a big very public hug and a not public help her change grab ass hug but she won't go any farther. The standing joke is that I will have to do better than Sarasota or other U.S. places.

Maybe SD will do it. I love their wings and the things aren't bad either
    Last edited by mikelodge; 01-31-2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: clear

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information