Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to plan a budget for first trip to Sosua plz help

Thanks

Question Trying to plan a budget for first trip to Sosua plz help

Hey, guys for the last week or so I have been reading this forum and it really is great! Its awesome that there's a place where everyone can come together and talk about there hobbies and experiences. I am in Iraq rite now with the Army about to finish my 2nd tour.

I'm planing on taking my first trip to Sousa in mid FEB. I want to try and make sure that I have as much fun as possible. My plan so far is to Start off buy flying in on a Wednesday and staying at BB, going on some of there tours, catching there bikini contest and enjoying what they have to offer. until Sunday or Monday at which point I plan to hit up NG and stay there for a few days while i get to actually see Sosua and sample the chicas. Dose that sound like the best way to do it for the first time?

Also to have a good time and do some stuff like jet ski's dirt bikes, during the day and some chicas at night for about 8 days how much cash do you guys think I need to have?

Thanks in advance guys!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ArmyBen For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

Re: Trying to plan a budget for first trip to Sosua plz help

200 dollars a day will get you by, 250 will be plenty i would think. most of it depends on how much you drink, how often you are going to be hitting a chick, how expensive your tastes are in food (chicas also) and where you plan on staying

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ralphie1 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyBen View Post
    Hey, guys for the last week or so I have been reading this forum and it really is great! Its awesome that there's a place where everyone can come together and talk about there hobbies and experiences. I am in Iraq rite now with the Army about to finish my 2nd tour.

I'm planing on taking my first trip to Sousa in mid FEB. I want to try and make sure that I have as much fun as possible. My plan so far is to Start off buy flying in on a Wednesday and staying at BB, going on some of there tours, catching there bikini contest and enjoying what they have to offer. until Sunday or Monday at which point I plan to hit up NG and stay there for a few days while i get to actually see Sosua and sample the chicas. Dose that sound like the best way to do it for the first time?

Also to have a good time and do some stuff like jet ski's dirt bikes, during the day and some chicas at night for about 8 days how much cash do you guys think I need to have?

Thanks in advance guys!

There is no right way to do a trip but splitting up a trip like you said is an excellant idea.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie1 View Post
    200 dollars a day will get you by, 250 will be plenty i would think. most of it depends on how much you drink, how often you are going to be hitting a chick, how expensive your tastes are in food (chicas also) and where you plan on staying

Can you speak Spanish? If you stay at the NG, some may pass to you their chicas, in which case the prices will already be in place.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

im good on $200-$250 a day...that covers a few drinks, couple chicas, food, misc* im not a heavy drinker or eater. Usually have 1 or 2 chicas a day

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hemp For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Your trip schedule sounds goods although I not sure if I would stay that long at BBs. Sousa has so much to offer in walking distance. Chicas, many restaurants, great beach with bars and restaurants and chicas, passions, discos with chicas, massages, motocoach rentals.....all walking distance.

Sundays at the beach are the best. All the locals come out. Much more food and more chicas.
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,115 Times in 4,554 Posts

hey Ben, BB's is a great place to start if since you are into the extra activities as it provides you with the companies/info on site. Its also much more hassle free there since everything is arranged at BB such as transportation and cost.

As far as budget goes, as mentioned, it can vary person to person but a good rule of thumb (i'm sure you are familiar with this) is to plan/prepare for choas (the good kind) but hope for a small amount of restraint. $300-$350 a day would be ideal for such a senario. Case in point would be my first time at BB's. I lost my mind a went through about 4 chicas a day for the first three days. Then I started to slow down and use a much more calculated approach as I then ventured out into Sosua, specifically La Passions. Same thing, I had no control at all and bagged two chicas in a 3 hour time span. $300 was plenty for me as BB's and La Passions prices are fixed and I don't drink nor buy chicas food. Thats saved me quite a bit of money in a setting like Sosua over a few days.

You are right on target with splitting it up from BB's to NG. The key is surviving the intial storm when you get there since there so much to hit. I'm sure as you start to settle into things like my first time there you will spend a lot less. My recent DR trips have cost way less. $150-$200 a day has been more than enough for a good time. Hope this helps.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dunedain For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I speak very little Spanish rite now but I plan on buying the Pimsleur method today, and have just ordered the Hot Spanish book from amazon, so I intend to pick up as much as possible in the next month.
    Also, is there a "Bad part of town" to stay away from? Any clubs that are unsafe?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I speak very little Spanish rite now but I plan on buying the Pimsleur method today, and have just ordered the Hot Spanish book from amazon, so I intend to pick up as much as possible in the next month.
    Also, is there a "Bad part of town" to stay away from? Any clubs that are unsafe?

Chances are you will hook up with ISOC at both places and you will be fine.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

I have used the Pimsleur cds and they are very helpful.

Any part of the Sosua strip- from the beach to cuba libres past passions and the area around NG and SB is very safe.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 436 Posts

if your staying at NG just walk up to the disco its 5 minutes. ive never had a problem walking anywhere in sosua. Its not a big place, just use some common sense.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 728 Posts

Thanks in advance guys!

your in it already!!! i'd cut BB OUT all together and just stay at the new garden ,is the date set in stone if not try to make it in march 3-10 b/c there will be a ton of us around to help guide you around. as for how much to bring , i'd say bring it all you can always bring it back home with you LOL .it all depends on how much you drink and how much you fuck!! i'd say your drinks might be on most of us being your a vet protecting usand it one way to show are thanks.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sicpup71 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks I'll see if there is any room to work on the dates but the Army might not let me change plans around :-(

Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 Times in 1,045 Posts

Hey Ben....

You might want to consider spending some time herein reading about Blackbeards and Sosua.

I have done both on numerous occasions (if you can call 15 times numerous) and if you are a real hobbying newbie, you can't go wrong at BB's.

It does get a little old after a while, so splitting the trip and going to BB's first is the way to go.

Keep in mind... no matter what the chicas say... it's all about the money, so don't get talked into anything you don't want.

Despite the Apos posts, Sosua is not a dangerous place, but only bring what you need, and safety cushion (10% ?)
    just in case, and leave any bling you might have in your locker because you don't need it and it'll just attract unwanted attention to you.

Just my 2 cents.

Have fun.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ElPlomero For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

First I would like to thank you ArmyBen for your service to our country!!!

I will be heading to Sosua soon for my 6th trip, I usually budget for $150-$200 a day, this however does not include my hotel. That is usually more than enough. Some days will vary, where you may spend more or less.

Could words of advice....

1) Keep your money/cc locked up in the safe in your hotel room.
    2) Only carry as much money as you think you will need for whatever you are doing at the time.
    3) Don't wear a bunch of flashy jewelry.
    4) Take pictures
    5) Pace yourself with everything you do, the worse thing is to overdo it and get sick.
    6) Drink bottled water
    7) Stay Hydrated

There are bunch more tips that you can find on this board, but those are the ones on the top of my head. Have fun and come back and tell us all about it.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Great advise so far from every one, Thanks! I have been reading the forums and It is very clear what the max for a chica is :-P But what I don't know is on the beach in Sosua do they rent jet skis? dose anyone know how much they are? what about boats?

Again Thanks guys!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArmyBen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

Check out Mel's Tours, click on the "tours" icon and you will see a icon for jet skis.

http://www.mel-tour.com/english/tour...lue_lagoon.php

There are also several guys that will take you out fishing. I went out June 2008, was a lot of fun but for the life of my I can remember his name. He is originally from the East Coast though. PM NJ_Hobby here on the board, he was with us and has a better memory.

Good luck!!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

If you're really interested in Jet-skiing and the like, you may want to take a day trip to Cabarete, which is about a 20 minute ride from New Garden. I usually spend a less than $200 a day, but it being your first time, you will easily hit $250 and more. The advice given is very sound. You being in the desert know the importance of staying hydrated. It's true you should pace yourself, but don't worry...your body will definitely know when there's been too many chicas and/or not enough sleep. You will enjoy this trip, and it will change your life!

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

sounds like an excellent itinerary!

and when at NG just befriend any guys there and you will be all set.........the Chicas at NG are okay too but you will find the best lookers at Classico's Disco at night.........a great place to hang before you head upstairs to Classico's is ElFlows for their 60 peso's Presidente beers and they have some fine looking Chicas roaming in and out of the place.......Latino's is good too but beers are more expensive than ElFlows..........all three places are steps from the NG........you are going to have a blast!

and thanks for all you do for us!

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Jet skis in Cabarete are pretty expensive to rent (as much as $120 per hour) and you are restricted as to where you can use them. That's why most of us stick to puta-skiing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information