Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to plan a budget for first trip to Sosua plz help

Thanks
    Thanked 3,768 Times in 930 Posts

Re: Trying to plan a budget for first trip to Sosua plz help

200 a day is liveing like a king
    I do it on 100 to 150 a day with room Chicas beach fun, food and cigars, normaly less than 150 a day because every day isnt a money toss day.

And if you spend your first few days in a place like coco hotel, you can even get ahead of the game because your overhead will be so little..

Also i advise not takeing alot of cash with you, use the ATMS, very easy to do, get your cash as you need it.

Negotiate everything, room, pussy, and cigars

do not do Mel tours, book your own, njoy TOURS IS THE BEST FOR YOUR BUCKS.

njoytours@hotmail.com

Tell Katja or fred your from ISOC and ask for your discount

they also have a yahoo chat acount you can find them online most nights and early morning

Enjoy yourself,, if your not staying in a $75.00 a night room you can live the highlife on 150 a day easy
    traveling the world in search of chicas, good friends and liveing life as if every day were my last

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bentwire For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyBen View Post
    Hey, guys for the last week or so I have been reading this forum and it really is great! Its awesome that there's a place where everyone can come together and talk about there hobbies and experiences. I am in Iraq rite now with the Army about to finish my 2nd tour.

I'm planing on taking my first trip to Sousa in mid FEB. I want to try and make sure that I have as much fun as possible. My plan so far is to Start off buy flying in on a Wednesday and staying at BB, going on some of there tours, catching there bikini contest and enjoying what they have to offer. until Sunday or Monday at which point I plan to hit up NG and stay there for a few days while i get to actually see Sosua and sample the chicas. Dose that sound like the best way to do it for the first time?

Also to have a good time and do some stuff like jet ski's dirt bikes, during the day and some chicas at night for about 8 days how much cash do you guys think I need to have?

Thanks in advance guys!
    I never do any kind of activities here anymore, although i do rent a vehicle. Sometimes a scooter, mostly cars now. One thing you have to realize about this place is that there is no acountability on the part of any Dominican if there is a problem or accident. Any auto accident will be automatically be your fault. If anything happens to the jetski or you get hurt its going to be your fault, automatically. And yes the police will be in on it, no questions will be asked ... its automatic. You can ask any of the vets and they would probably agree with me. There are some exceptions if you live here, or you been here a lot and forge relationships but tours and rentals are probably at your own risk.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

swiggy;671790 SAYS I never do any kind of activities here anymore, although i do rent a vehicle. Sometimes a scooter, mostly cars now. One thing you have to realize about this place is that there is no acountability on the part of any Dominican if there is a problem or accident. Any auto accident will be automatically be your fault. If anything happens to the jetski or you get hurt its going to be your fault, automatically. And yes the police will be in on it, no questions will be asked ... its automatic. You can ask any of the vets and they would probably agree with me. There are some exceptions if you live here, or you been here a lot and forge relationships but tours and rentals are probably at your own risk.

get real, this isnt Jersey you can have fun in the DR and not worry about every one out to get you, relax and enjoy there are tons of cool activities
    Last edited by bentwire; 01-01-2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: spelling issues

Thanks
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bentwire View Post
    swiggy;671790 SAYS I never do any kind of activities here anymore, although i do rent a vehicle. Sometimes a scooter, mostly cars now. One thing you have to realize about this place is that there is no acountability on the part of any Dominican if there is a problem or accident. Any auto accident will be automatically be your fault. If anything happens to the jetski or you get hurt its going to be your fault, automatically. And yes the police will be in on it, no questions will be asked ... its automatic. You can ask any of the vets and they would probably agree with me. There are some exceptions if you live here, or you been here a lot and forge relationships but tours and rentals are probably at your own risk.

get real, this isnt Jersey you can have fun in the DR and not worry about every one out to get you, relax and enjoy there are tons of cool activities
    I didnt say anyone was out to get you, i said if you get hurt your on your own.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swiggy View Post
    I didnt say anyone was out to get you, i said if you get hurt your on your own.
    ??? is this part of being an adult? i don't get it? do you mean health insurance is no good in the DR??? i might agree with that in the clinics.

I have seen unknown tourist get hurt in auto accidents, moto accidents, excetera,, i think the Dominican people are a good hearted bunch for the most part and always willing to save your wallet, just stay close to it.

i do understand how you could feel alone and frightened in a country you do not know, i get that feeling when i travel anywhere on the east coast right here in the USA..

Tourist also seem to help each other in times of need, seen it a 100 times not just in the DR but in Panama, Philippines, Costa Rica exetra...

Many of us do things with a wingman also, being alone and worried is indeed easy to understand, not everyone feels so helpless when exploring the world, just think how Luis and Clark must have felt,,,

Hey Louis! don't climb that mountain you will be all alone if you fall!!! damn your right Clark lets go back to Boston i am skerrrrrd

just a fun scenario to help show that our fears are not a sign that danger is eminent.
    Most tour companies that i have done business with in the DR take care of every need excluding wiping your ass, but some of us can do that on our own

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bentwire For This Useful Post:

Thanks

And if you spend your first few days in a place like coco hotel, you can even get ahead of the game because your overhead will be so little..

I have seen some pretty bad pictures of the CoCo hotel on the web. How bad is it really? How does it compare to New garden?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Condoms !

Bring your favorite breand with you. The ones they sell there suck.

Face cloths !

Many Dominican establishments don't provide them. I know it's a small thing but there it's the little things thay annoy me the most.

Most important! Bring a sense of humor!

There are a million crazy things that we've discussed on the board and a million that we haven't gotten to yet. Some will require a sense of humor. Just leave your watch in the safe and have a good time (and don't drink the tap water). Nothing happens on time there anyway.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kris boog View Post

I have seen some pretty bad pictures of the CoCo hotel on the web. How bad is it really? How does it compare to New garden?
    I checked out the Coco Hotel pretty closely as I did some other establishments and met the owner from Canada.......the hotel side is very quiet and the rooms are plain jane and will do for most mongers.......the rates were $35/night with A/C......he said he might go as low as $30 a night with A/C for longer stays.......they do have apartments to the left side of the property and in this pic and don't think they would interfer with your privacy or enjoyment

personally I think you may be better off paying $40/night at SeaBreeze or $50/night at NG because of being downtown........depends what your budget is of course and what you need for a room.......NG with the breakfast for $50 is a good deal.....
    Coco would be for those that really need to watch their money and don't like to be around other people as it is pretty quiet there.......you'll need to take Moto rides to get back and forth to town..... and you don't really want to be walking that stretch in the wee hours of the morning......probably safe but rather be careful than sorry

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bentwire View Post
    ??? is this part of being an adult? i don't get it? do you mean health insurance is no good in the DR??? i might agree with that in the clinics.

I have seen unknown tourist get hurt in auto accidents, moto accidents, excetera,, i think the Dominican people are a good hearted bunch for the most part and always willing to save your wallet, just stay close to it.

i do understand how you could feel alone and frightened in a country you do not know, i get that feeling when i travel anywhere on the east coast right here in the USA..

Tourist also seem to help each other in times of need, seen it a 100 times not just in the DR but in Panama, Philippines, Costa Rica exetra...

Many of us do things with a wingman also, being alone and worried is indeed easy to understand, not everyone feels so helpless when exploring the world, just think how Luis and Clark must have felt,,,

Hey Louis! don't climb that mountain you will be all alone if you fall!!! damn your right Clark lets go back to Boston i am skerrrrrd

just a fun scenario to help show that our fears are not a sign that danger is eminent.
    Most tour companies that i have done business with in the DR take care of every need excluding wiping your ass, but some of us can do that on our own
    most stateside insurance is no good out of the country. you have to get a rider for your time out of the country

Thanks
    Thanked 45,724 Times in 5,924 Posts

how about some recon (and nudies) of this chick?

"Panties are not the best thing in the world, but they are next to it"

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to officemgr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

WOW! A Marine chica! Is she really in DR? mmmm... Marine chicks are hot. Plus they (the ones I have met) have really playful attitudes.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArmyBen For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by officemgr View Post
    I'd luv to try that out!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 45,724 Times in 5,924 Posts

she is puerto rican and currently "overseas"

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to officemgr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Theirs not a lot of Marines in my AO, and I'm about to leave and come back to the states. However... If I do find my self a nice Marine chica, I will get nice pics.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ArmyBen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,115 Times in 4,554 Posts

yeah, she is over seeing my pleasures as we speak!!

I've been lucky to partake in a few marine chicas in the past. Ben is right, very playful attitudes indeed.

Thanks for the pic Off!!!!

Thanks

Thanks to all of the guys who have contributed to the board with all of the information. I have read the forums so i wont be asking ignorant questions but what i will ask is being a 24 y/o heading to the DR wit the ambitions to fuck like a rabbit which would you guys perrfer sousa bay hotel or blackbeards? thanx in advance

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pirate For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Thanks to all of the guys who have contributed to the board with all of the information. I have read the forums so i wont be asking ignorant questions but what i will ask is being a 24 y/o heading to the DR wit the ambitions to fuck like a rabbit which would you guys perrfer sousa bay hotel or blackbeards? thanx in advance

I would go straight to the New Garden.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Yes NG. Definitely.
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    both

bb's is very laid back and relaxing. good place for a rookie to cut his DR teeth. after a few days at bb's leave the safe confines of the aquarium and jump into the ocean. just be careful, there are sharks out there in the ocean

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ralphie1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

2DAYS!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information