Thread: ATM ISSUES

Thanks
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 273 Posts

ATM ISSUES

Anyone else have problems with the new ATM machines installed at Banco Popular in Sosua. I've always used them in the past with no problems. This past week (between Christmas and New Years) I attempted to use them and noticed they were new machines and my ATM card wouldn't work. At first I thought is was my card however I also tried my Credit Card and that wouldn't work either. I went to Scotia BAnk on Pedro Clisante and it worked fine. On my way to La Sirena a few days later I stopped in at the Banco Popular in POP and noticed that ATM machine was new also and my card would't work in that machine either. Anyone else have any issues????
    "The Brinks Truck Never Follows The Hearse"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to howudoen For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: ATM ISSUES

I have a Canadian Bank card (TD Bank) which doesn't work in the Popular ATM's. My American Bank Card (Bank of America) does work in those same machines. This was in Santo Domingo and Santiago in the same time frame you gave. I haven't tried here in Sosua because there are several ATMs that will take the Canadian card.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

on weekends and when the bank is closed for more than overnight, the machines run out of cash

Thanks
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie1 View Post
    on weekends and when the bank is closed for more than overnight, the machines run out of cash
    It had nothing to do with the ATM's being empty, it wasn't the weekend. I saw a few other gringo's before me not able to get cash out and then a few Dominicans use their card and it worked fine??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to howudoen For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah, I had problems with several different ATMs on my last trip. I use a six digit pin and some machines cannot handle that. There are even some in the US that have not moved passed the 4-digit pin. Not sure if this is your issue, but just heads up if anyone is thinking about moving the new more secure 6 and 8 digit pins.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonlorde For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Banco Popular is having system problems for sure.

I have four accounts with them, and while each shows a healthy balance, when I've tried to take money out of an ATM, it tells me I don't have any funds.

Same thing on their website. The accounts page says all of them are at "0", but when I click on any of them to see the history, I see the correct balance.

Today is the last day of the holiday season(Three Kings was moved to Monday from Friday), so I suspect everything will be worked out tomorrow.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thread Information