Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need cheap stay for 2 weeks in BC

Thanks
    Thanked 3,331 Times in 571 Posts

Re: Need cheap stay for 2 weeks in BC

Quote Originally Posted by shagashaga View Post
    Their new website is without the dash, www.mozartbocachica.com the one with the dash is from the old administration.
    Phone is 809-751-3134 got it from business card.

And the guy told me online reservation works.
    OK, so burning question: why BC for two weeks? Do you have business in the South Coast?

If not you'll find that, if you're looking for a fun touristy holiday in a beach town, everything - meaning EVERYTHING - is far superior on the north coast.

I mean, it's not even close. I did BC as my first trip to DR back in 2002. Came with a large crew. Despite reports that Sosua was the place to be, we relented to one guy who loved to talk but hated listening and had no damn common sense. The trip was just ok (our best night chica-wise was actually at Remington Palace in SD), and nobody went back to DR for four years.

The next time, we ditched the guy and did Sosua and Cabarete. We booked another trip six weeks after that, and then two months after that. Since then, we go every three months or so. My worst trip has been amazing in comparison. That's because it's like night and day.

Just a thought. Either way, enjoy your vacation.....

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to husl2001 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by husl2001 View Post
    OK, so burning question: why BC for two weeks? Do you have business in the South Coast?

If not you'll find that, if you're looking for a fun touristy holiday in a beach town, everything - meaning EVERYTHING - is far superior on the north coast.

I mean, it's not even close. I did BC as my first trip to DR back in 2002. Came with a large crew. Despite reports that Sosua was the place to be, we relented to one guy who loved to talk but hated listening and had no damn common sense. The trip was just ok (our best night chica-wise was actually at Remington Palace in SD), and nobody went back to DR for four years.

The next time, we ditched the guy and did Sosua and Cabarete. We booked another trip six weeks after that, and then two months after that. Since then, we go every three months or so. My worst trip has been amazing in comparison. That's because it's like night and day.

dat tru.......mi first went to Boca Chica in 2002 and then 2006 which I thought was pretty inexpensive for pussy.......but then I found Sosua in 2009......no comparision

plus the Chicas in Boca seemed were more expensive......not as many........and not as stunning as Sosua

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by husl2001 View Post

You got that right. I positively, absolutely, could not do 2 weeks in Boca Chica. No way. And I used to LIVE THERE for 3 years!!!!!!

Comparing Boca Chica to Sosua is like comparing the food between a hole in the wall place that makes one kind of sandwich, and the buffet on a cruise ship.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    You got that right. I positively, absolutely, could not do 2 weeks in Boca Chica. No way. And I used to LIVE THERE for 3 years!!!!!!
    You used to live 3 years in Boca Chica??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tomgueguen For This Useful Post:

FnB

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

On the subject of South Coast beaches, has anybody been through Juan Dolio lately? There has been a lot of new construction going on and I was wondering if any of it was coming to fruition. The construction process seemed extra slow even before the recession hit. Any recent progress?
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tomgueguen View Post
    You used to live 3 years in Boca Chica??
    Yep, sure did. late 80's, early 90's.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

FnB

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    On the subject of South Coast beaches, has anybody been through Juan Dolio lately? There has been a lot of new construction going on and I was wondering if any of it was coming to fruition. The construction process seemed extra slow even before the recession hit. Any recent progress?
    Yayow and I were there this past weekend. Things are happening, but you really got to look to see them.

What's NOT happening is improvements to infrastructure. That make the whole place feel like it's abandoned...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

To update on my previous posts, Pablo from Mozart responded to the webform I completed on their website and apologised for the delay in getting back to me. I'm now booked in an aircon room for $30 p/n and he will arrange a car to pick me up from SDQ for $15 so all in I'm a happy chappy. Watch this space for a post trip report...

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whoreseeker For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information