http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/ve...ia.aspx?Id=923
    C.I.S.O.C.
    Cuba.....Cigars and beautiful chicas

One life I'm gonna live it up....Judas Priest, You Got Another Thing Coming

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 436 Posts

Re: Canadian Murdered in Sosua

MONTREAL – A security guard at a resort villa in the town of Sosua in the Dominican Republic has been arrested in connection with the murder of a Quebec City man the night of Dec. 30, according to media reports.

The guard allegedly tipped off two men about the presence of the victim and his friend at the villa, which has only 12 rooms.

Police in the Caribbean nation have also arrested a second man, reports said.

Quebec City resident Jean Gagné, 41, was vacationing with a friend when two men entered their rooms in the middle of the night, according to the Journal de Montréal.

The victim’s friend, who said he did not want to be named, told the Journal that the attackers tied him up with bed sheets. They took his wallet, credit cards and his cellphone, and they pistol-whipped him, demanding his PIN number to get more money.

They finally left the room with him still tied to the bed. Moments later, he heard two gunshots from Gagné's room next door.

Sosua is located on the north coast of the country, just west of Puerto Plata.

A spokesperson for the Foreign Affairs Department in Ottawa was not immediately available to comment on the matter early Monday.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

San Felipe de Puerto Plata, La Republica Dominicana
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LM View Post
    Here's a link to a DR newspaper article....names the hotel

Good work!! This seems to be the most thorough account yet, but it is
    also indicating that a Norwegian businessman was just murdered in Costambar!!! WTF???

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to terrierist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,718 Times in 3,229 Posts

Heres the one on the Norway guy....

http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/ve...ia.aspx?Id=916

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LM For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terrierist View Post
    Good work!! This seems to be the most thorough account yet, but it is
    also indicating that a Norwegian businessman was just murdered in Costambar!!! WTF???
    mi was reading about that yesterday online.....guy was pretty well thought of in the community......sad mon

Thanks

Where was the villa that the murder took place? I usually stay at the Hispaniola and I prefer not to stay in a "haunted villa."
    Pimps in the front, hoe's in the back, chumps in the trunk...

San Felipe de Puerto Plata, La Republica Dominicana
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chitownpimp View Post
    Where was the villa that the murder took place? I usually stay at the Hispaniola and I prefer not to stay in a "haunted villa."
    The article says it was "Los Tavaras"located in the urbanization Maranata, Sosua. I don't know where that is, though.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

mi think that is down from the police station in a residential neigborhood.......but then what do I know......or maybe it's up behind Sosua Beach.....

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terrierist View Post
    The article says it was "Los Tavaras"located in the urbanization Maranata, Sosua. I don't know where that is, though.
    The turning to Maranatha is immediately before you reach Sosúa Abajo on the right, coming from the airport. I have always understood it to be a pretty poor barrio. I doubt if there is any "gringo-standard" housing there. I am sure some of our members will have been there?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

At least the Hispaniola they have 2 levels of security.

Thanks

This article states that the security guard was detained because he could not explain how he had a gunshot wound to his leg," by his own weapon ". It also states that this was the second murder of a tourist in a 24 hour period. The other was a man from Norway who was bound and beaten to death in his room in Puerto Plata. The Google tool bar has a translation feature that will present this article in English

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woody514 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The turning to Maranatha is immediately before you reach Sosúa Abajo on the right, coming from the airport. I have always understood it to be a pretty poor barrio. I doubt if there is any "gringo-standard" housing there. I am sure some of our members will have been there?
    There are some nice houses there, also some villas. And then there are the usual cinder block houses and a bit further down the road to the right there is an area that could be described as campo with wooden shacks and all.
    It certainly is not a tourist area. Any gringo staying there must have had some local contacts to find accommodations there.
    I have been there a lot, also in the middle of the night, but never felt the place was dangerous. A lot of the girls live there.
    This seems to have been a setup job.....
    El Hijo del Santo, El deseo de las mujeres, La enviada de los hombres, Polvo por el pueblo, Piedras por las ninas, Libertad por los Capos, La esperanza de Sosua, El Sindico de tu vida!!

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jd_mine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    The road before Sosua Abajo coming from the airport towards Sosua is labeled Bella Vista isnt it? I have always heard the town referred to as Bella Vista as well.

It has to be in that general vicinity for sure.

The road called Bella Vista I have been down many times. This is how you get to the river as the locals call it. When you start going down that road you will be in a fairly small town with shops, stores, and some homes. As you continue down the road the pavement stops and it becomes a dirt road and youll see farms. This road travels back for a looooooooong ways and loops back around to the main road if you travel far enough.

After leaving the pavement things get quite desolate. There are some very expensive homes tucked away out there but I have never gotten that close to any of them nor been inside any of them. There is one in particular perched on top of a mountain that looks incredible but the only roads leading even remotely close to it had signs telling you to stay away.

There is also a baseball field up by the river. A lot of locals gather there on weekends and eat, drink, and swim in the river. I have even seen some of the Sosua beach venders(the ones who walk the beach selling candy and small food items) up there selling their goods later in the day.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    I am not trying to discriminate here, but there is a huge Hells Angels chapter out of Canada in Cabarete. No telling what kind of drug deal or whatever went bad!!

Unless you are a member or wearing a support hat I wouldn't mess with those boys.

I read on DR1 that there have been over 140 murders in Dec.
    They didn't specify if it was in the whole country or the POP area or if it was for the entire year up to the end or for only Dec.
    They speculated that most of them were Haitians other than maybe 20-25 but you can check it our for yourself. Personally I think seperating their origin is Bull Shit a dead person is a dead person and there have been way too many.
    Just Doing It

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Not good news .......two murders in the north coast.... the expat was leaving his dream there..
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

Thanks

Isn't the Taveras area across from the center entrance to Sosua Beach?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 967 Posts

this is a fucked- up article, here the supposed victims are of German nationality, and it suppossedly was happening at Maranata, a bad ass dominican barrio west of Sosua abajo. It says that the two vistims were drinking with two guys of haitian nationality. Does not look like a robbery going wrong....usually there is more to it..the past weeks there were a lot of Canadians ( and of course people of other nationalities) caught to leave the country with all sorts of drugs( from Ecstacy to Coke). Sometimes those tourist drug deals go awefully wrong...

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jensenspecial For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jensenspecial View Post
    this is a fucked- up article, here the supposed victims are of German nationality, and it suppossedly was happening at Maranata, a bad ass dominican barrio west of Sosua abajo. It says that the two vistims were drinking with two guys of haitian nationality. Does not look like a robbery going wrong....usually there is more to it..the past weeks there were a lot of Canadians ( and of course people of other nationalities) caught to leave the country with all sorts of drugs( from Ecstacy to Coke). Sometimes those tourist drug deals go awefully wrong...
    You mean there are all sorts of drugs in the DR

I hope there is no Ecstacy in my Coke unless it is a new Premium Rum by Brugal.

Shit is scary enough there with all the violence can you imagine people looking around like in outer space like in one of those Rave's Videos. What a easy target they would be.

Never understood the attraction when they could get down real nice with some beer, booze and a good smoke and eat a good meal like a human being.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This story becomes more shady by the second: http://www.torontosun.com/news/canad.../12352551.html obviously the security guard is no criminal mastermind.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to chitownpimp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

I'm sure glad I'm going to Colombia where it's safe.
    A while back I predicted that, as the noose tightens around TFG's neck, both he and the Maga Morons here would post ever more idiotic crap. Right again.

“It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent a peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next," McConnell told reporters. "That’s what it was."

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information