Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello gentlemen

Thanks

Hello gentlemen

Hi everybody, my name is Tim, and I am a monger .

I have been browsing the forum for a long time but almost never posted. Had plans to visit BB's a few years ago, but went somewhere else instead.

I made a reservation at BB's for the late February for four nights and am really looking forward to it. Never been to the DR before and my Spanish is very basic but after reading many reports in the premium section and other areas of the forum I feel like I know plenty already which is a testament of how helpful many of you fellas were in sharing the necessary bits of information of where,who,what,how and how much. I'd be lost without ISOC, no doubt about it.

I'm supposed to arrive on Feb 22 so I was wondering what's the weather like in POP area and overall situation at BB's around this time of year. I'm coming on Monday and leaving on Friday, so I'd imagine I'll miss most of the action(bikini contest,etc) but since I'm traveling solo this time and don't know my way around, it may be for the best. Any advise or info would be highly appreciated.

Once again, brilliant site and great read from many of you guys on various subjects.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to FnB For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Re: Hello gentlemen

Very nice post. There should be many ISOC guys all around as well as guys from other boards. think it might get chilly at night that time of the year. I forget.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

This is a great tool. Put in the city and country and then go to "history." Just plug in the dates of your visit over the past couple of years and you will get an idea of what to expect. It works for just about anywhere.

www.weatherunderground.com
    A while back I predicted that, as the noose tightens around TFG's neck, both he and the Maga Morons here would post ever more idiotic crap. Right again.

“It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent a peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next," McConnell told reporters. "That’s what it was."

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Very nice post. There should be many ISOC guys all around as well as guys from other boards. think it might get chilly at night that time of the year. I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico View Post
    This is a great tool. Put in the city and country and then go to "history." Just plug in the dates of your visit over the past couple of years and you will get an idea of what to expect. It works for just about anywhere.

www.weatherunderground.com
    Thanks guys.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

think it might get chilly at night that time of the year. I forget.
    Yeah...it might go all the way down to 70f

He forgot.....
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Yeah...it might go all the way down to 70f

He forgot.....
    The low is forcast for all of next midweek to be 67 and 68 with a high of 74 on Tuesday. Burr Perfect compared to that shit ass humid crap they had the end of October that sucked.
    Just Doing It

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

I have been to the DR almost every month of my 12 trips, and do not ever recall it being below 80 deg. including Feb.
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobrivers View Post

I have been browsing the forum for a long time but almost never posted. Had plans to visit BB's a few years ago, but went somewhere else instead.

I made a reservation at BB's for the late February for four nights and am really looking forward to it. Never been to the DR before and my Spanish is very basic but after reading many reports in the premium section and other areas of the forum I feel like I know plenty already which is a testament of how helpful many of you fellas were in sharing the necessary bits of information of where,who,what,how and how much. I'd be lost without ISOC, no doubt about it.

I'm supposed to arrive on Feb 22 so I was wondering what's the weather like in POP area and overall situation at BB's around this time of year. I'm coming on Monday and leaving on Friday, so I'd imagine I'll miss most of the action(bikini contest,etc) but since I'm traveling solo this time and don't know my way around, it may be for the best. Any advise or info would be highly appreciated.

Once again, brilliant site and great read from many of you guys on various subjects.
    Hey fellow Monger,
    I will be at BB's end of this month (Jan 27) or (o) (en espanol) enero 27.
    Been to the DR/RD many many times but always bypassed BBs. My brother and I have heard some great things about the joint and made up our minds to pay them a visit. We have previously done the Santiago, Puerto Plata, "Playa Dorada -tourist trap", Sosua, Cabarate scene. Stayed at FOD (under Leno and then Billys remanagement and also been to New Garden a few times in Sosua and Casa Linda.

I will give a full report on the current BB scene at a later date... Interested in knowing if any other ISOC Mongers will be there between Jan 27-Feb 1 2010? If so PM me and I will keep an eye out for you.
    "Try not..., Do it or Do it better there is no Try..." -Master Yodaz (StarWaz) XRated Version

14. The Following User Says Thank You to septimodragon For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Make sure you do a night or two in Sousa. You won't regret it.
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

If its not raining expect it to be hot during the day and possibly nice and cool at night. Nothing like what you would expect for winter but a comfortable 65-70 at night and 80s-90 during the day. Good beach weather and nice sleeping weather at night with the windows open to feel a nice breeze.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 287 Posts

I'm supposed to arrive on Feb 22 so I was wondering what's the weather like in POP area and overall situation at BB's around this time of year.
    Make sure you bring long pants or jeans for after dark as there are mosquitos there no matter what the weather.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whatever For This Useful Post:

Thanks

One more question fellas.

I have called the BB'S over the phone on Friday and booked the room for the above mentioned dates. I was told that they did receive my submitted form and were going to send a confirmation e-mail tomorrow( meaning today).

I'm about to buy an airline ticket so I was wondering, from your previous experiences, do I call them back to make sure or it's just a formality?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

One more question fellas.

I have called the BB'S over the phone on Friday and booked the room for the above mentioned dates. I was told that they did receive my submitted form and were going to send a confirmation e-mail tomorrow( meaning today).

I'm about to buy an airline ticket so I was wondering, from your previous experiences, do I call them back to make sure or it's just a formality?

book your ticket. they will send the confirmation. usually during the work week, you get a response back from bb to an email in 24 hrs , give or take. weekends, have gotten a response on sunday already but typically it will be during working hours when i have gotten my email back

they reaffirm the reservation several weeks out. if they dont email you to reaffirm, you email or call them. i prefer the email as it creates a trail

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ralphie1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Guys, what is BB's policy on taking pictures or filming?

I read pretty much all the recent threads and trip reports but most of the pics are of the bikini contests which I'm not going to be present for. I also have found a thread about posters not being able to upload girls' pics on ISOC anymore. That aside, is it OK to bring the camera or camcorder to BB's and what is the procedure?

Do you talk to the management in advance or only talk it over with a girl in private? Thanks for your help.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FnB For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Guys, what is BB's policy on taking pictures or filming?

I read pretty much all the recent threads and trip reports but most of the pics are of the bikini contests which I'm not going to be present for. I also have found a thread about posters not being able to upload girls' pics on ISOC anymore. That aside, is it OK to bring the camera or camcorder to BB's and what is the procedure?

Do you talk to the management in advance or only talk it over with a girl in private? Thanks for your help.

WTF?? What did I miss??

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Where was I when we had that meeting?

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

"Thuffering Thuccotash !"

30. The Following User Says Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Where was I when we had that meeting?
    I meant this thread

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ad.php?t=82174

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FnB For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Make sure you bring long pants or jeans for after dark as there are mosquitos there no matter what the weather.
    Good advice, but as you seem like a gentleman I imagine you will wear long pants in public all the time. If not, you may be mistaken for an American.

Thanks

Just got back from the place last night.

This was my first visit to the DR, and I must say it was both a pleasureable experience and a learning curve for a rookie.

The minute you arrive at the POP you feel like you made it to Paradise. On the way to the customs the half naked chica in the native costume poses for pictures and right next to the 10 $ "Tarjeta Tourista" booth another beauty hands out shots of rum. God, I wish every place I travel to had this kind of welcome.

I get outside and see the BB's sign, wave to my driver and he helps me with the suitcase to the old beat up van. The driver is a young kid named Jonathan, very friendly although barely speaks any English. That along with my almost non-existent Spanish make our conversations quite short but he goes ourt of his way to point out to me all the interesting sights to see as we drive through Puerto Plata. Two things caught my attention, first was chicas on the back of motoconchos which I was already aware of in theory after reading ISOC reports and a school we passed on the way. The school looked like an old storage room that hasn't been repaired or re-painted in a couple of decades and I couldn't help feeling sorry for the young kids that have to spent their teen years in that dump, but it was a timely reminder where I was and how little these people have to live on.

Arrived at BB'S around 2 pm, got to the desk and was met by the daytime manager Tim. He gave the basic layout of the house rules, I paid for the cab and a room and went upstairs to my single deluxe suite at the top floor.

More to follow.

P.S. I have a few videos I have made during my stay with Flip HD cam but the size is too big to upload it here using the "File Upload Center'.

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FnB For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information