Thread: [DR1] Motoconchos being organized

Thanks

[DR1] Motoconchos being organized

Despite there is a law that bans passenger transport by motorcycle, the government has chosen to organize motoconcho transport, one of the most used forms in the DR. According to the director of the Oficina Tecnica de Transporte Terrestre (OTTT), German Pena Guadalupe, motorcycle taxis operators will be required to wear vests with their identification number as of 1 August. The passengers need to wear a vest and helmet, too. Smaller, passola-type motorcycles are not included in the regulations. The OTTT announced it will be making available to the operators 2,000 vests, and others will be sold for RD$250 (driver vest) and RD$300 (passenger vest), while the helmets are responsible of the motorcycle operator.

According to a recent study by the OTTTT, there are 155,450 motorcycle operators in the DR, of which 85,696 have already registered with the OTTT to be included in the new regulations.

The same document says that 20% of the motoconchistas have had cases heard in justice.

Link To Original Article

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Re: [DR1] Motoconchos being organized

An opportunity for police crackdowns in Sosua and other tourist cities?
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,498 Times in 5,141 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewsWhore
    Despite there is a law that bans passenger transport by motorcycle, the government has chosen to organize motoconcho transport, one of the most used forms in the DR. According to the director of the Oficina Tecnica de Transporte Terrestre (OTTT), German Pena Guadalupe, motorcycle taxis operators will be required to wear vests with their identification number as of 1 August. The passengers need to wear a vest and helmet, too. Smaller, passola-type motorcycles are not included in the regulations. The OTTT announced it will be making available to the operators 2,000 vests, and others will be sold for RD$250 (driver vest) and RD$300 (passenger vest), while the helmets are responsible of the motorcycle operator.

According to a recent study by the OTTTT, there are 155,450 motorcycle operators in the DR, of which 85,696 have already registered with the OTTT to be included in the new regulations.

The same document says that 20% of the motoconchistas have had cases heard in justice.

Link To Original Article
    I really can't see every passenger on a motoconcho using a helmet in the DR. These muthafuckas carry everyone on these things including little kids. Are these drivers going to drop pesos on helmets for children. hell, no. I doubt very seriously that this law is going to be enforced well. Too many drivers and too many opportunities for the police to be payed off.
    HAVE FUN AND ENJOY LIFE!!!
    HAPPINESS TAKES WORK!!!
    FIGHT FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Chewie, get us out of here!!

OH, and I almost forgot, If I am a Post Whore then at least I am DISEASE FREE, MUTHAFUCKAS!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,772 Times in 2,479 Posts

I only took two moto trips my entire week in DR. The walking was healthy. But the vest idea is stupid. I'm a big guy, how the hell are the motoconcho operators going to anticipate vest sizes and helmet sizes for passengers? This will be routinly ignored and business as usual for the DR. I just wonder if the policia will shake down tourist passengers for fines.
    All things considered, I'd rather be fucking.

Thanks

What about the cleanliness of the vests and helmets? Hot sun, sweat, and no running water???

Thanks
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 405 Posts

I can only imagine the condition of the helmets the passengers will have to wear. Does tieing a cereal bowl to your head count as a helmet????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manigault
    What about the cleanliness of the vests and helmets? Hot sun, sweat, and no running water???
    That's right. These motoconcho drivers arent going to wash those vests everyday. People are going to be sweating in all of them and I guarantee you that most of them are going to be funky.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajax718
    I can only imagine the condition of the helmets the passengers will have to wear. Does tieing a cereal bowl to your head count as a helmet????

Only after you have finished your capn crunch!

Thanks

Sorry guys but those who complained about funky vests make me laugh!

No problems being naked with a chica who might have fucked 20 guys in the last week, but you have problems with a (most likely) plastic vest being worn over your t-shirt!

It's all relative...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas

No problems being naked with a chica who might have fucked 20 guys in the last week, but you have problems with a (most likely) plastic vest being worn over your t-shirt!

It's all relative...
    But most likely the chica has applied some soap to her ass. You look at some of those motoconcho drivers down there and those mothafuckas probably don't know what the inside of a laundromat looks like. Plus that plastic shit is going to trap heat. Fuck the vests and give me a badge or something.

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

It's all relative...
    At least I can shower with the chica first. I've lived and worked in the third world. First thing I thought of when I read the helmet part was LICE!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico
    At least I can shower with the chica first. I've lived and worked in the third world. First thing I thought of when I read the helmet part was LICE!
    I didn't think of that!!! You might put on the wrong helmet one day on your vacation and have lice making love on top of your dome and laying eggs and shit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico
    Scabies or Lice you decide, again all relative...plus you could get lice from a chica too!

Please remember soap & water doesn't wash everything away.

We take chances every day.

Thanks

Scabies or Lice you decide, again all relative...plus you could get lice from a chica too!

Please remember soap & water doesn't wash everything away.

We take chances every day.

I am aware of that Don Tomas. And we will probably continue to take chances everyday. That's why I prefer to fuck shaved pussies when I go to the DR. Anyway, I think that on my next trip in August, I will keep my motoconcho excursions to a minimum. I really dont like riding them that much anyway except for short trips to the store if it is too hot for me to walk and I have to carry a bunch of stuff.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blacksultan
    But most likely the chica has applied some soap to her ass. You look at some of those motoconcho drivers down there and those mothafuckas probably don't know what the inside of a laundromat looks like. Plus that plastic shit is going to trap heat. Fuck the vests and give me a badge or something.

I don't think I have ever seen a laundermat in all my trips in DR. Do they exist in DR. I have seen places to dry clean but never a laundermat
    If God didn't want me to sin he wouldn't have given me a penis...

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Smash
    I don't think I have ever seen a laundermat in all my trips in DR. Do they exist in DR. I have seen places to dry clean but never a laundermat
    Plenty of them around. In Sosua, there is one next to club residential hotel.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David Smash
    This statement is related to the "Snake" thread that sprung up last week.

When there is pussy around people tend to ignore everything else! Like Psriches said, there are quite a few laundrymats around Sosua and I don't even hang out in that town.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,026 Times in 2,115 Posts

I used the laundrymat on my last trip when they lost my fucked luggage for 2 days. Had to wash my 2 shirts and 2 paris of underwear until my shit arrived.

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

I don't know DT about the comparison your trying to make.

Some people will risk going to jail to steal alot of money(maybe not me but I can understand it)

Some people(like us) after taking every reasonable pecaution available will risk a non lethal std from a chica for pussy.

O.K. Pussy ...The motivation is an intrinsic strong natural human desire.

Money... The motivation is greed. Throughout history alot of men have always seemed to be pre-disposed to this short coming

Moto Concho........I just don't see the motivation (or desire to ride a Fucken Moto Concho) being that strong that one would want to risk lice (or anything for that matter ??)

I just can't connect the dots on this one ???
    Last edited by ROVER; 07-02-2006 at 04:43 AM.
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER
    I don't know DT about the comparison your trying to make.

Some people will risk going to jail to steal alot of money(maybe not me but I can understand it)

Some people(like us) after taking every reasonable pecaution available will risk a non lethal std from a chica for pussy.

O.K. Pussy ...The motivation is an intrinsic strong natural human desire.

Money... The motivation is greed. Throughout history alot of men have always seemed to be pre-disposed to this short coming

Moto Concho........I just don't see the motivation (or desire to ride a Fucken Moto Concho) being that strong that one would want to risk lice (or anything for that matter ??)

I just can't connect the dots on this one ???
    I wouldn't exactly call lice a risk, it's a hell of a lot easier to get rid of compared to scabies!

I was just surprised at people talking about the washing habits of motoconcho drivers and failing to mention something a lot more important like chica habits or even bed sheets for that matter which you spend a lot more time in or on top of.

You are coming from the point of risk vs. reward, whereas I was pointing out there are risks in everyday life. But I still feel the risks of riding with an unclean helmet and vest over t-shirt are a lot less then being naked with a chica or lying on a bed sheet! But I will consent that the reward is much greater with the latter.

Thread Information