Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Notes on my first Puerto Plata trip

Thanks

Notes on my first Puerto Plata trip

I stayed in a Playa Dorado resort. Discussing chicas with resort staff was as easy as talking about restaurant choices. Almost everyone pointed to Cristal strip club. Reasons given ranged from safety to most beautiful chicas being there. Following their advice was expensive, but worth it. Will say right away that I tried one other place and quality went down dramatically. So here's the cost (USD): 30-taxi roundtrip, 100-business. That's the minimum. Drinks easily take another 40-50, trip to cabana adds 40 to chica, 15 to cabana and 20 to taxi. 10-20 tip was asked too. These additions highly worth it with the right girl, and most of them are very right. Awesome girls, simply awesome. Last note, going there the first time was kind of stressful. I went to the left bar and was swarmed with girls. It may sound attractive, but i didn't like it at all. The bar on the right gives you some breathing room, where chicas apparently have to stay a few feet away and only approach if you gesture.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,324 Times in 78,270 Posts

Re: Notes on my first Puerto Plata trip

Quote Originally Posted by namokk View Post
    I stayed in a Playa Dorado resort. Discussing chicas with resort staff was as easy as talking about restaurant choices. Almost everyone pointed to Cristal strip club. Reasons given ranged from safety to most beautiful chicas being there. Following their advice was expensive, but worth it. Will say right away that I tried one other place and quality went down dramatically. So here's the cost (USD): 30-taxi roundtrip, 100-business. That's the minimum. Drinks easily take another 40-50, trip to cabana adds 40 to chica, 15 to cabana and 20 to taxi. 10-20 tip was asked too. These additions highly worth it with the right girl, and most of them are very right. Awesome girls, simply awesome. Last note, going there the first time was kind of stressful. I went to the left bar and was swarmed with girls. It may sound attractive, but i didn't like it at all. The bar on the right gives you some breathing room, where chicas apparently have to stay a few feet away and only approach if you gesture.

You got ripped. First there is no extra for her to go to a cabana and second, tipping is not required.

Otherwise, a nice recap.

thanks

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    You got ripped. First there is no extra for her to go to a cabana and second, tipping is not required.

Otherwise, a nice recap.

thanks
    Thanks for the report, but they got you.... However, you only learn from mistakes!!!!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jay_t For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brothalove View Post
    Thanks for the report, but they got you.... However, you only learn from mistakes!!!!

His mistakes cost a mere $60 or so. Its nothing at all.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

They saw the wrist band around his wrist, and the price of everything automatically went up. But the main thing is that he enjoyed himself.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

i did the playa dorado thing back in 04........that was my first trip and it was great.......by the next trip i had found isoc and i was hooked........and now so are you
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Glad you had a good time namokk, and thx for the report. Now the way I understand it you spent about 270 US that night, most of it going to taxis and the chica/cabana. A good time can be had a lot cheaper without sacrificing quality. You spent in one night what a lot of guys spend for STs for 5-6 days.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jonblaze For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonblaze View Post
    Glad you had a good time namokk, and thx for the report. Now the way I understand it you spent about 270 US that night, most of it going to taxis and the chica/cabana. A good time can be had a lot cheaper without sacrificing quality. You spent in one night what a lot of guys spend for STs for 5-6 days.
    I spent around that amount on ST's over my twelve days in Sosua last reach........staying at Casa Marina puts a crimp in TLN's.........lol

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for comments guys. Like i said, i tried going to another place (called Bohem or something) and didn't like what they had at all and went back to Cristal. Taxi driver didn't know any other "good" place. I realize I had "gringo schmuck" written all over my face that cost me extra and speaking 2 words of spanish didn't help. I would appreciate pointers for my next trip, like place names, etc.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to namokk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 1,165 Posts

$100 is the on-site ST rate.
    To take a chica to a cabana or anywhere else, one has to pay the salida which is around $40, unless she doesn't stay there and you get her number to hook up when she isn't working.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

I take it you've left. Next trip get a regular hotel in Sosua and we'll show you the other side of town.

But thanks for the report. Got pictures? Even non-chica pictures are appreciated. Especially food, some of us really like the food pictures.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    I take it you've left. Next trip get a regular hotel in Sosua and we'll show you the other side of town.

But thanks for the report. Got pictures? Even non-chica pictures are appreciated. Especially food, some of us really like the food pictures.
    might add that in sosua, most everything is assessable by walking. i.e. zero bucks put out for cabfare

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ralphie1 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for comments guys. Like i said, i tried going to another place (called Bohem or something) and didn't like what they had at all and went back to Cristal. Taxi driver didn't know any other "good" place. I realize I had "gringo schmuck" written all over my face that cost me extra and speaking 2 words of spanish didn't help. I would appreciate pointers for my next trip, like place names, etc.

But know you know and it cost you under $100 for this mistake. No big deal.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Si_Poppi View Post
    $100 is the on-site ST rate.
    To take a chica to a cabana or anywhere else, one has to pay the salida which is around $40, unless she doesn't stay there and you get her number to hook up when she isn't working.

Times have changed, I see. ST is what 15 minutes?

Thanks

Times have changed, I see. ST is what 15 minutes?
    ST is generally one shot or until the chica decides it is too much work to get a load out of you.
    Could be 15 minutes, could be 1 minute, or it could be an hour with 2 shots.
    Depends on you and the chica.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Si_Poppi For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ST is generally one shot or until the chica decides it is too much work to get a load out of you.
    Could be 15 minutes, could be 1 minute, or it could be an hour with 2 shots.
    Depends on you and the chica.

As I recall, they had 2 or 3 rooms so if there was a line, you won't be in there for 2 hours.

Thanks

Whether or not Cristals is a ripoff is debatable but you paid the standard prices of $100/$140 for everybody, gringo or local.

They did not jack up the prices because of your wristband.

It's possible to pay the salida separate and make a deal with the chica and possibly save a little but it's also quite possible that she would be less motivated as a result.

Several of the girls who only work at night do not stay there and can be hooked up with during the day or any time they are not working thus avoiding the salida.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Si_Poppi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

As I recall, they had 2 or 3 rooms so if there was a line, you won't be in there for 2 hours.
    I didn't say 2 hours.
    I said you could get 2 shots in 1 hour.
    I have had sessions in there that were over an hour and the chica was in no hurry to leave.
    I often see guys go up and be back down at the bar within 10 or 15 minutes.
    The $140 takeout price could be for one quick shot or all night.
    As always, YMMV.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Si_Poppi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,720 Times in 3,243 Posts

I didn't say 2 hours.
    I said you could get 2 shots in 1 hour.
    I have had sessions in there that were over an hour and the chica was in no hurry to leave.
    I often see guys go up and be back down at the bar within 10 or 15 minutes.
    The $140 takeout price could be for one quick shot or all night.
    As always, YMMV.
    I only did onsite once and I believe after 30 minutes we had to leave so I always choose TLN.
    Once upon a time the owner would work with us and we would take 6 chicas out of there everynight.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Señor Jimmy of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That's the minimum. Drinks easily take another 40-50, trip to cabana adds 40 to chica, 15 to cabana and 20 to taxi. 10-20 tip was asked too.
    Do you recall which Cabana?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information