Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cuba Libre for sale

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 1,585 Posts

Re: Cuba Libre for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    They don t plan on it but 90% that buy things there are not qualified to do so, but they do it anyway. Most guys with $57,000 wouldn`t buy it. Its the guys with $5,000 that want it.
    Yes, and the guys with $5000 are the ones who get ripped off by the guys who "sell it, take it back and repeat." Third World Real Estate.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to curiousdude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by curiousdude View Post
    The ad says "leasehold" so it appears it would only be the "business." I don't think the whole building would go for $57K. That might actually be a good deal, but no, that doesn't appear to be what is being offered.
    From what I have understood from our conversations in the past; he has a lease I forget how long but for a good period of time. He does not own the property. On the plus side like the add says besides where Fred lives himself, you also have the two bedrooms in the other area, that he used for a time when the girls were giving massages, which means you could have rental income if one was so inclined. His landlord seems to be a decent enough guy, but who knows when and if the landlord sells, who will be the next landlord, and how ironclad the lease agreement actually is?? After all it is the D.R., and from what I can tell often times in the D.R., deals are made, to be broken.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Most people live a life of lies. We at ISOC want pussy, talk about pussy and acquire pussy.
    You are right about that, they are called hypocrites, and there are plenty to be found in the D.R., as CD says they look down their noses are us for what we do, yet they do the exact same thing, they only keep it private, and pretend that they don't because that type of behavior is beneath them.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Actually looking at it, it has potential, especially with the new improvements, the Tiki bar & pool area, If one was so inclined they could throw many private parties back there with chicas doing all sort of things, reason I want the party there. Or a mini version of Passions.

The problem with a business like that in Sosua, you really don't need a private place like that to get what you want from the chicas, you can literally walk down the street and find some nice young thing that would gladly rock your world at a very reasonable price. A place like that would be better in a place like Santo Domingo, Santiago or even Puerto Plata where finding available young ladies to do all sorts of things aren't as plentiful. Well they are as plentiful, maybe even more so, you just got to know where to go to find them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    From what I have understood from our conversations in the past; he has a lease I forget how long but for a good period of time. He does not own the property. On the plus side like the add says besides where Fred lives himself, you also have the two bedrooms in the other area, that he used for a time when the girls were giving massages, which means you could have rental income if one was so inclined. His landlord seems to be a decent enough guy, but who knows when and if the landlord sells, who will be the next landlord, and how ironclad the lease agreement actually is?? After all it is the D.R., and from what I can tell often times in the D.R., deals are made, to be broken.

Then I would pass. I would need a 10 year lease with an option to buy.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, and the guys with $5000 are the ones who get ripped off by the guys who "sell it, take it back and repeat." Third World Real Estate.

I would too. Guys that can`t make it back home won`t make it anywhere else.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I would too. Guys that can`t make it back home won`t make it anywhere else.
    True on both counts, but if you are going to take a flyer and take a chance it is better to only lose $5,000 than invest $100,000 and lose that. Maybe the guy with the $5,000 that is all he got and he is going to live his dream for as long as he can, sure it's short sighted, but maybe he says I am going to take my one punch and see if I can get a knockout.

Whereas the other guy with more to invest also probably has more to lose. So when he gets ripped off, he is really fucked and it's harder for him to rebound. The other guy says, well I lost 5 grand, let me get another 5 grand and take another chance.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 1,585 Posts

Then I would pass. I would need a 10 year lease with an option to buy.
    I wouldn't do it unless I could buy it outright, property and all, and for a fair price, and only if I were ready to retire and actually wanted to retire there - a lot of ifs. The "business" as apparently offered is worth next to nothing. I don't think anyone in his right mind would actually pay $57K simply for the right to lease that place long term and run it as a bar. But maybe someone else who is not in his right mind will come along once again.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to curiousdude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

Owning a bar/club, dealing with the chicas, the authorities, the tigres and with us sounds like a lot of work. This is not my idea of retirement!!!!
    A while back I predicted that, as the noose tightens around TFG's neck, both he and the Maga Morons here would post ever more idiotic crap. Right again.

“It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent a peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next," McConnell told reporters. "That’s what it was."

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Owning a bar/club is not retirement at all. 18 hour work days 7 days a week. The mistake most people make is thinking that they will get someone to run the business for them. They get robbed blind and cant understand why they are not turning a profit. After realizing that the bar business is hands on and you must be there at all times they either just give up or try to sell.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NYC2DR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 728 Posts

[/yellow]

It shouldn't mean anything. I have spoken with Fred, he told me about this when we verified the date, and as we know nothing happens to quickly in the D.R., so it shouldn't interfere.

As we all know everything is for sale in Sosua, it just depends on the price. He has wanted to settle down and live the life of leisure (travel more especially to different parts of the island), for a while now, after all he is in his 60's can't blame him.

Now that he has made all the recent improvements at the bar he feels it is the perfect time and he has been fielding some offers. But then again that is normal. His bar has been for sale for a long time, and a few times in the past he thought he had some solid offers that fell through. We have even spoke in the past about me taking a part of it (it never got to the serious stage), and then eventually buying him out, but I didn't want to stay in Sosua. Now with the improvements he is getting a little more aggressive.

He has flat out told me that it won't interfere with my thing, and that is what I am going with. Although I must admit, he did place another specific as opposed to a general how are you call to me about 10 days ago, to verify the dates again, which we had done before, and specifically told me about the sale, and again assured me it wouldn't interfere with the party. I did find it odd at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by gdogg View Post
    Nothing. It's probably been on sale since it's been in business. That's the way it is up and down Pedro Clisante. Everybody's listening to offers. They'd be stupid not to.

oh i know, that was it was just my NY sarcasm .

although at that price it would make a nice club house.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sicpup71 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

As stated this is not retirement as many people think of it. In fact most people who run a successful business and MAKE money need to work harder than they do in the states. I think we are lucky in the states with the amount of income we can potentially earn with the amount of hours we need to put into it.

There are loads of extra headaches you would never have to deal with in the states and the margins are typically so small for everything that as an owner you need to be in control and present full time or your business will likely fail.

That being said you can easily look around Sosua and speak to people and after a few weeks realize this is all true.

How many places in Sosua are actually profitable and been around more than a few years? Not many.

Buying a good business in Sosua still doesnt mean it will remain profitable. Look at Anna Miriam in POP. Frank had a great business going until the building owners decided they wanted to make all the money. They ruined a good business in probably less than 6 months.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,745 Times in 562 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico View Post
    Owning a bar/club, dealing with the chicas, the authorities, the tigres and with us sounds like a lot of work. This is not my idea of retirement!!!!
    I tend to think that anyone that wants to "live the dream" yet decides they have to essentially buy themselves a job is likely getting in over his head from the start. Sure you need something to stay busy but if you can't afford to lose what you're investing lookout. In one of the Apos threads somebody posted that he would have gotten different advice from friends on this board compared to that other board, that got me thinking about my own experience from a few years ago. I was considering a move to Costa Rica and looked into business opportunities there. Actually one deal was very tempting since I have experience but I decided to take a couple extended trips to investigate the scene.
    It did not take me long to see and understand a few things- the younger (under 50) guys that have to get up and hustle everyday to make a few bucks did not seem all that happy. The guys really enjoying themselves were those that did not have to worry about making a living. They had income from the states, worked for an international company or had already earned all they needed and were retired. Also that you couldn't really trust anyone- locals, gringos, attorneys, everyone is out for a piece of you.
    There's a lot of trade-offs for living the dream, just dealing with simple everyday tasks could drive you crazy but buying into something with money you can't afford to lose would be the worst. I see a lot more failures than success stories.
    "The only known aphrodisiac is variety."

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacoloco For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

True on both counts, but if you are going to take a flyer and take a chance it is better to only lose $5,000 than invest $100,000 and lose that. Maybe the guy with the $5,000 that is all he got and he is going to live his dream for as long as he can, sure it's short sighted, but maybe he says I am going to take my one punch and see if I can get a knockout.

Whereas the other guy with more to invest also probably has more to lose. So when he gets ripped off, he is really fucked and it's harder for him to rebound. The other guy says, well I lost 5 grand, let me get another 5 grand and take another chance.

People should know their place. I know that I can`t run my own firm so I don`t even try. I am an employee in the accounting world.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Its simple, the contract states if they miss a few payments, they loose. You can tell if the guy with $5,000 will loose. Its a min vacation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

It CAN work. But usually only for a buy who has run similar businesses back in his home country , made them successful, Sold them and is now SEMI RETIRED. If he ran 3 or 4 Restaurants for example back home, running ONE small bar is like a walk in the park .
    That’s the definition of semi retirement, in Paradise.
    The only hard part perhaps is dealing with the locals and the language, but the business, he’s got under control.
    But someone who was never successfully run that exact type of business before, he is a FOOL from day one,and we all know what happens with fools and their money.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    It CAN work. But usually only for a buy who has run similar businesses back in his home country , made them successful, Sold them and is now SEMI RETIRED. If he ran 3 or 4 Restaurants for example back home, running ONE small bar is like a walk in the park .
    That’s the definition of semi retirement, in Paradise.
    The only hard part perhaps is dealing with the locals and the language, but the business, he’s got under control.
    But someone who was never successfully run that exact type of business before, he is a FOOL from day one,and we all know what happens with fools and their money.

Exactly. This is the only way to do it.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You know actually the overhead that Fred had, really wasn't that much, don't know if it has changed. I think that was one of the reasons until recently when he seriously started thinking about selling, he didn't hustle that much, as Sicpup says it was essentially his club house to entertain his guests/friends. Play his music, sing his Karaoke, and fuck his chicas especially those that worked for him, or wanted to. It really wasn't or isn't a bad life, and for the most part he enjoyed it thoroughly.

Many had told him their ideas on how to improve his business plan, including me, and he really was never interested until about the last 6 or so months maybe the last year now that I think of it.

Thanks

You know actually the overhead that Fred had, really wasn't that much, don't know if it has changed. I think that was one of the reasons until recently when he seriously started thinking about selling, he didn't hustle that much, as Sicpup says it was essentially his club house to entertain his guests/friends. Play his music, sing his Karaoke, and fuck his chicas especially those that worked for him, or wanted to. It really wasn't or isn't a bad life, and for the most part he enjoyed it thoroughly.

Many had told him their ideas on how to improve his business plan, including me, and he really was never interested until about the last 6 or so months maybe the last year now that I think of it.

It really depends why you are in it, he just wanted a place that paid for itself, and gave him a little extra spending money. You know he has a pension as well, plus other business interests in the U.S. He didn't get rich doing it, but that wasn't his intention in the first place.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It really depends why you are in it, he just wanted a place that paid for itself, and gave him a little extra spending money. You know he has a pension as well, plus other business interests in the U.S. He didn't get rich doing it, but that wasn't his intention in the first place.
    Thats the perfect plan for anyone who dosnt really need to make a living. However, me personally, i would buy the property. If it wasnt for sale i would look for another one.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NYC2DR For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information