Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another gringo slaughtered

Thanks

Re: Another gringo slaughtered

I think more than not some of the murders were people doing something possibly not kosher. but for you guys who live there if you can speak SPanish and read the local papers or watch the local news there have been a few gringos in the past few years murdered and butchered solely because someone wanted to rob their house and it was the people who worked for them. I do not know names sorry. But ask any Dominican there and they will tell you. For the most part It looks way safer to me than the south bronx as long as you stay away from LA UNION, the area near the prison in puerto plata, and the one street across the street from burger king that goes behind a shopping plaza. And dont stay out too late at night. Keep a shotgun in your home if you live there is a must. and you can not show you have too much money. A licensed pistol is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlorde View Post
    My thoughts go out his mother and the rest of family and friends.

This really sucks and making me rethink purchasing a property in the DR. I am tired of hearing people use the economy and hard times as an excuse for this shit. No one is entitled to take anything from another person regardless of their circumstances.

This shit keeps up people are going stop going and we will how that the fragile DR economy holds together. If the police and government grow a brain, they will take action to mitigate this shit.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigtittylicker View Post
    I think more than not some of the murders were people doing something possibly not kosher. but for you guys who live there if you can speak SPanish and read the local papers or watch the local news there have been a few gringos in the past few years murdered and butchered solely because someone wanted to rob their house and it was the people who worked for them. I do not know names sorry. But ask any Dominican there and they will tell you. For the most part It looks way safer to me than the south bronx as long as you stay away from LA UNION, the area near the prison in puerto plata, and the one street across the street from burger king that goes behind a shopping plaza. And dont stay out too late at night. Keep a shotgun in your home if you live there is a must. and you can not show you have too much money. A licensed pistol is a good idea.
    Keep firearms only if you know how to use them and have had some experience actually using them in anger.... otherwise you'll end up either shooting when you're not ready or being shot...

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by continentalmike View Post
    Keep firearms only if you know how to use them and have had some experience actually using them in anger.... otherwise you'll end up either shooting when you're not ready or being shot...

Actually "anger" and firearms don't mix. I would change that to "under duress". Being prepared with deadly force requires emotions to be kept in check. Anger makes mistakes. It is "fear's" ugly cousin.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts

you knew exactly what I meant, the anger is coming from the gun, the emotion must be kept on ice at all times in any combat scenario...as far as this is possible, I've never been really icecold except in clear-cut 100% intel situ's with superior firepower on my side; otherwise there's always the very hightened visual and audio sensibility, the much faster than normal thinking and the exhaliration of coming through when you score a victory

7. The Following User Says Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,768 Times in 930 Posts

I do not think there needs to be hate or anger involved to defend yourself or your property with deadly force,, I would not necessarily need to be angry or scared to blow your head off if you enter my home with intentions to rob or kill me or my family.

guns do not kill people, the impact of the bullet creates the damage
    traveling the world in search of chicas, good friends and liveing life as if every day were my last

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bentwire View Post
    ,, I would not necessarily need to be angry or scared to blow your head off if you enter my home with intentions to rob or kill me or my family.
    Start with the chest cavity and go for a heart/ lung shot. Even if the guy is wearing a vest the impact will immobilize the head for your "kill" shot.

If you do have to shoot a home invader you'd better make sure that mothafucka doesn't survive. It's hard to argue with a story that only has one side.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,768 Times in 930 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Start with the chest cavity and go for a heart/ lung shot. Even if the guy is wearing a vest the impact will immobilize the head for your "kill" shot.

If you do have to shoot a home invader you'd better make sure that mothafucka doesn't survive. It's hard to argue with a story that only has one side.
    I like to shoot for the left eyeball, and would never shoot if a kill was not the end result no matter how many bullets it took.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information