Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another gringo slaughtered

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Another gringo slaughtered

Last Monday night, Paolo Gincastro, 41, an Italian resident of Villas Caribe near Coconut Palms was shot and killed in his home in what police say was a robbery.

Mr Gincastro had lived in the DR for many years and worked as a kitesurfing instructor.

His 72 year old mother awoke just before 3 am when she heard voices but was sent back to her room.

Minutes later she heard gunshots and then discovered her son had been killed. He was shot 4 times, twice in the back and once in the neck and side.

On Wednesday, after Paolo's mother identified him, police arrested Jose (Jordan) Lizardo Medina, 34, of 'La Cienaga' a shithole campo in Cabarete.

Lizardo was apparently wanted in connection with other crimes committed in the Sosua and Cabarete area. He allegedly admitted to the police that he used crack.

RIP Paulo. He was well known in Cabarete and will be missed by his many friends.

And all this for RD$4,500 and a fucking cellphone.

The police knew this was a wanted guy, and a crackhead to boot. I'm sure it wouldn't have been too difficult to have picked him up at some point. Wankers.

I've always held the opinion that the usual subects for this type of bad shit is older type guys, who presumably the ladrones think will be an easier target.

But that's now 3 gringos since Christmas, 2 of which were in-shape early 40's guys.

This is the motherfucker who allegedly did it. Cunt.

Report in Spanish at link below contains some pretty gruesome photos

http://sacandomelao.blogspot.com/2010/01/matan-en-cabarete-empresario-italiano.html#more

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Re: Another gringo slaughtered

geezzzzzz.........sorry to hear this......mi can't believe all this chit mon.........too many deaths in too short of a period of time on the North Coast.....

soon come Jamaica

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Playing with fire and surprised at getting burnt?

there's more to the story than makes the news without fail.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 967 Posts

as usual...no more comment

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post

Thanks

that really sucks. I thought it was like absolutely necessary if you live in the dr to have a minimum of one shotgun under your bed.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Last Monday night, Paolo Gincastro, 41, an Italian resident of Villas Caribe near Coconut Palms was shot and killed in his home in what police say was a robbery.

Mr Gincastro had lived in the DR for many years and worked as a kitesurfing instructor.

His 72 year old mother awoke just before 3 am when she heard voices but was sent back to her room.

Minutes later she heard gunshots and then discovered her son had been killed. He was shot 4 times, twice in the back and once in the neck and side.

On Wednesday, after Paolo's mother identified him, police arrested Jose (Jordan) Lizardo Medina, 34, of 'La Cienaga' a shithole campo in Cabarete.

Lizardo was apparently wanted in connection with other crimes committed in the Sosua and Cabarete area. He allegedly admitted to the police that he used crack.

RIP Paulo. He was well known in Cabarete and will be missed by his many friends.

And all this for RD$4,500 and a fucking cellphone.

The police knew this was a wanted guy, and a crackhead to boot. I'm sure it wouldn't have been too difficult to have picked him up at some point. Wankers.

I've always held the opinion that the usual subects for this type of bad shit is older type guys, who presumably the ladrones think will be an easier target.

But that's now 3 gringos since Christmas, 2 of which were in-shape early 40's guys.

This is the motherfucker who allegedly did it. Cunt.

Report in Spanish at link below contains some pretty gruesome photos

http://sacandomelao.blogspot.com/2010/01/matan-en-cabarete-empresario-italiano.html#more
    I WILL KEEP MY GUNS
    MY FREEDOM
    AND MY MONEY!

YOU CAN KEEP
    THE CHANGE!!!!!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yourmomma999 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yourmomma999 View Post
    that really sucks. I thought it was like absolutely necessary if you live in the dr to have a minimum of one shotgun under your bed.
    Think of all the unreported robberies and muggings of people to embarrassed to report it or afraid of getting their name in the paper.

It could be hundreds a month. I think hardware stores could make some good money selling some self defense items. Even a short lead pipe filled with sand and capped on the ends would bash some of these scum bags skulls.

Danger Danger Lurks Everywhere
    Just Doing It

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My thoughts go out his mother and the rest of family and friends.

This really sucks and making me rethink purchasing a property in the DR. I am tired of hearing people use the economy and hard times as an excuse for this shit. No one is entitled to take anything from another person regardless of their circumstances.

This shit keeps up people are going stop going and we will how that the fragile DR economy holds together. If the police and government grow a brain, they will take action to mitigate this shit.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonlorde For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlorde View Post
    My thoughts go out his mother and the rest of family and friends.

This really sucks and making me rethink purchasing a property in the DR. I am tired of hearing people use the economy and hard times as an excuse for this shit. No one is entitled to take anything from another person regardless of their circumstances.

This shit keeps up people are going stop going and we will how that the fragile DR economy holds together. If the police and government grow a brain, they will take action to mitigate this shit.
    I'm now in my 8th year of living here permanently.

I don't think that it is any worse here now than it was before.

However in my time here I have known personally about a dozen people murdered.

In my previous 40 odd years in the UK and the US, not a single one.

That stat for me speaks volumes.

15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,743 Times in 643 Posts

Rolleyes Re: Another gringo slaughtered

OK, I can't help myself. I have to know the answer to the question this statement lends itself to:

What could a person do that justifies his murder?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    OK, I can't help myself. I have to know the answer to the question this statement lends itself to:

There are many lowlifes that flee their home countries and settle in third world countries.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The only thing that "justifies" a murder is the act of committing murder in most rational minds. The problems arise when we depart from the realm of the rational mind and throw some shit in the game. The seedier the setting, the more extreme the consequenses become. There are a few "businesses" wherein the illegality of that business reults in the business being self regulating, meaning disputes can not be settled legally because they would expose the illegal activities on the part of all participants. Two such business areas are the drug trade and the skin trade. Usually where you find one you find both. I have heard of foreign nationals getting into loansharking and all types of nefarious escapades in the D.R. and the bottom line is that when you engage in activities which appeal to the darker side of Human nature you must expect the worst from everyone that you come into contact with and be prepared.

A great deal can be determined about the circumstances which surround a murder by the result of that murder and the way in which it was carried out. Check the photos in the link, time of death, etc, and you will understand why there won't be a big news flash on the findings of local law enforcement. This guy wasn't killed for his money and his cell phone. He was executed. He wasn't some innocent beachcomber who stumbled onto the wrong pathway. Read. "....his mother awoke when she heard voices but was sent back to her room". How does that make sense to anyone? This guy wasn't just shot. He was blazed. He wasn't up at 3am looking for a pint of milk. What could he possibly have to say to some crackhead at 3 am that he had to send his Mother to bed not to hear? Why would he send her to bed if he was in the middle of being robbed? Most of all, why would he not just give up the $125 and the cell phone when a gun was produced?

I'll give you another hint. The guy died with his eyes wide open. The first shot killed him. The others were a message.

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

enough said, and well said!

It helps all to know that if you are a tourist, doing "tourist things", you are 99.9% likely to be perfectly fine. Reminds me of Steve Irwin on his Animal Planet shows, I always wondered when a snake would bite him. You poke enough of 'em in the eye, you're gonna get venom.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have seen things like this in the past mostly in Colombia. Most of the time it was someone who moved there , not tourists. What happens is that people(lowlife type) watch you for a good period of time and know what your routine is , where you go, when you go, ect, and then make there move and sometimes the outcome is not ideal. Maybe this guy was mixed up in something else or just as stated, he was a victim of someone capatalizing on his routine, Either way, it sucks.

BicBoner

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BicBoner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 279 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    I'm now in my 8th year of living here permanently.

I don't think that it is any worse here now than it was before.

However in my time here I have known personally about a dozen people murdered.

In my previous 40 odd years in the UK and the US, not a single one.

That stat for me speaks volumes.
    I retired here in 1992 and spent the first 10 years as a snowbird but have lived here full time since 2003. As above in my first 50 years in Canada I never knew a single person who was murdered.

Here in the last 5 years I have passing acquaintance with 3 people (gringos) who have met with foul play.

Having said that, Greydread's post hits the nail right on the head. All three that I knew were living in the grey areas like money lending etc.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DominicanBilly For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DominicanBilly View Post

Having said that, Greydread's post hits the nail right on the head. All three that I knew were living in the grey areas like money lending etc.

That can't be good.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DominicanBilly View Post
    I retired here in 1992 and spent the first 10 years as a snowbird but have lived here full time since 2003. As above in my first 50 years in Canada I never knew a single person who was murdered.

Here in the last 5 years I have passing acquaintance with 3 people (gringos) who have met with foul play.

I was going to post almost exactly the same thing, only I have been around Sosua for 5 years and know 3 people who have been murdered and now I know someone who was 'kidnapped'

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Oh, I'm sure that this scum piece of shit crackhead just decided out of the blue to show up at this guys house at some ungodly hour of the morning.

And of course, the guy more than happily opened up the door to talk to the scum piece of shit crackhead to see what he could possibly want.

Perhaps the scum piece of shit crackhead had found religion, and wanted to do some witnessing.

Anything's possible, I guess..
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Oh, I'm sure that this scum piece of shit crackhead just decided out of the blue to show up at this guys house at some ungodly hour of the morning.

And of course, the guy more than happily opened up the door to talk to the scum piece of shit crackhead to see what he could possibly want.

Perhaps the scum piece of shit crackhead had found religion, and wanted to do some witnessing.

Anything's possible, I guess..
    I'd still like to know the line where one goes from a dirt bag mongerer to a "scum bag piece of shit".... rhetorically speaking

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'd still like to know the line where one goes from a dirt bag mongerer to a "scum bag piece of shit".... rhetorically speaking
    The dirt bag monger got offed by the scumbag piece of shit crackhead.... rhetorically speaking.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

enough said, and well said!

It helps all to know that if you are a tourist, doing "tourist things", you are 99.9% likely to be perfectly fine. Reminds me of Steve Irwin on his Animal Planet shows, I always wondered when a snake would bite him. You poke enough of 'em in the eye, you're gonna get venom.

A stingray of all things got him in the heart. R.I.P. STEVE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information