Thread: What type of video camera

Thanks

What type of video camera

On my trip to the DR I plan to get some fottage so I can start sharing with you guys. W am trying to decide between the canon elura 65 and the sony hc42 Both give nice quality regular vid, but i wanna do some incognito night vision stuff. I heard the sony is better for that. can u guys recommend anything?

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: What type of video camera

Quote Originally Posted by will_blueprint
    On my trip to the DR I plan to get some fottage so I can start sharing with you guys. W am trying to decide between the canon elura 65 and the sony hc42 Both give nice quality regular vid, but i wanna do some incognito night vision stuff. I heard the sony is better for that. can u guys recommend anything?
    Something that won't pique the interest of Customs. A single guy going to a monger area with a video camera raises eyebrows...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

I recommend you go to one of the numerous sites that reviews cameras and has threads such as this about them. You can find out a lot more that way about which ones work best in which conditions and which is the best value in your price range.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el_papi_chew_low
    I recommend you go to one of the numerous sites that reviews cameras and has threads such as this about them. You can find out a lot more that way about which ones work best in which conditions and which is the best value in your price range.
    www.cnet.com

An outstanding electronic review site.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Deal
    Something that won't pique the interest of Customs. A single guy going to a monger area with a video camera raises eyebrows...
    I not only bring a video camera, but on one trip, I brought a tripod and some additional lighting. Nobody ever checks carry-ons, let alone luggage.

Of course, I fly into SDQ. From the posts on this site, the POP airport seems pretty corrupt.

-Helpmann

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by helpmann
    Quote Originally Posted by Reel Deal
    I not only bring a video camera, but on one trip, I brought a tripod and some additional lighting. Nobody ever checks carry-ons, let alone luggage.

Of course, I fly into SDQ. From the posts on this site, the POP airport seems pretty corrupt.

-Helpmann

I've used STI the last three times and they just waved Eric and I through. don't check anything, no shake downs. The $ to get to Sosua by cab can be steep. Only a good Idea if you are sharing a cab or plan to stay in STI for a day or so then go to Sosua. Casa Blanca was great is it still open???

SDQ to Sosua is a bitch of a ride. John had a taxi pick me up in Santo Domingo one time as a favor and it took forever to get to The Palace

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nuhomet
    Casa Blanca was great is it still open???
    Yes
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

Thanks

I have a digital canon and it sucks at night.My$250 vhs jvc camcorder is better at night then my expensive canon

Thanks
    yeah i decided to go withthe sony

Thanks
    i went with kodak...no problems with the memory card...small and compact and no hassles at customs...i fly into STI and never got hasseled

Thread Information