Thread: Car Rental

Thanks

Car Rental

Ok, I will At BB from Feb 15 to the 22nd, right now I have BB picking me up at the airport and taking me back, I was wondering if I should just rent a car and that way when I want to go to sosua I can just head on over, and not have to pay for a cab, I'm just wondering if guys sometimes just carpool with other BB folks and just split the costs etc?, I'm game to pitch in for the gas and for a few beers etc, I've been to DR a few times and know how crazy the driving so that does give me some concerns on renting, but what really concerns me is going into Passions and coming out with the car missing... and having to deal with all the headaces of a stolen and or damaged car.

So if any of you fellows going to be at BB and want an extra wingmen to go to town, well you get my point. I'm game to pitch in for the gas and and a few beers.

MrHide

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Re: Car Rental

Quote Originally Posted by mrhide View Post
    Ok, I will At BB from Feb 15 to the 22nd, right now I have BB picking me up at the airport and taking me back, I was wondering if I should just rent a car and that way when I want to go to sosua I can just head on over, and not have to pay for a cab, I'm just wondering if guys sometimes just carpool with other BB folks and just split the costs etc?, I'm game to pitch in for the gas and for a few beers etc, I've been to DR a few times and know how crazy the driving so that does give me some concerns on renting, but what really concerns me is going into Passions and coming out with the car missing... and having to deal with all the headaces of a stolen and or damaged car.

So if any of you fellows going to be at BB and want an extra wingmen to go to town, well you get my point. I'm game to pitch in for the gas and and a few beers.

MrHide
    I have left my car parked at Passions overnight and nothing happens to it. Just ask Pete the owner. It is quiet around there. Doesn't mean it can't happen but a rental is cheaper per day than a cab ride each way. You can use it to go other places like Cristals in POP also. You decide
    Just Doing It

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,973 Times in 2,414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrhide View Post

MrHide
    All of your concerns were the reason why i did not rent a car for my last trip to BB in jan 2010/. The way they drive there is so crazy, and i did not feel comfortable driving there. if anything happens to the car you are responsible for the cost, and they want cash payment sometimes. It will save you a bit of money from paying the expensive drive back and forth to Sosua. But U are taking a chance with any damages to the car or theft. I just saved up some extra cab fare..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

I have rented from pretty much all of the rental agecies at the POP airport this one is by far the best and cheapest @ 30 day cash with full coverage insurance unlimited miles and they will fix your flat if a need.Nice car.You will spend about 1500 pesos on gas if you drive all week.

http://www.adventurerentcar.com/
    Last edited by Mr Hillbilly; 02-05-2010 at 08:11 PM.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8orBetter View Post
    I have rented from pretty much all of the rental agecies at the POP airport this one is by far the best and cheapest @ 30 day cash with full coverage insurance unlimited miles and they will fix your flat if a need.Nice car.You will spend about 1500 pesos on gas if you drive all week.

http://www.adventurerentcar.com/
    Don't be scared they are scared of you the crazy gringo. You can by insurance from all rental agencies and most American Express cards offer it free if you pay with your card and many Visa and MC's do to best to check with yours to find which one does.

Thanks

Thanks for all the great feedback, I think I might just rent that car now, and let the dice roll....

MrHide

Thread Information