Thread: cell phones

Thanks

cell phones

Ok let me make sure I am getitng this right. I can get any gsm cell phone and get it attvated with a chip down there, also i can buy a phone card to call home and let people know i am still alive. Is that right, where would you all recommend going orange communications. I can get a phone for cheap too cause my uncle owns a cell phone store if this works out.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    GSM cell phones from the US, yes. They will work in the DR. GSM meaning the phones that have a SIM chip card in them. Make sure the phone is not locked to a provider. If it is a phone with a SIM chip card, go to the Orange shop with some ID and buy a Orange Dominicana SIM card. Last september these were 350 pesos including 100 pesos calling time. Put this chip in your phone and start calling. When you run out of minutes, buy a Orange phonecard at any colmado, bar or supermarket, follow the instructions on the card and put new credit on your SIM card.
    The phone cards come in 100 pesos, 200 pesos and 300 pesos.
    If this is all too much hassle, you can make phone calls in a number of places and just pay when finished.
    A cell phone helps a lot with keeping contact with girls though.....

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Re: cell phones

Quote Originally Posted by will_blueprint
    Ok let me make sure I am getitng this right. I can get any gsm cell phone and get it attvated with a chip down there, also i can buy a phone card to call home and let people know i am still alive. Is that right, where would you all recommend going orange communications. I can get a phone for cheap too cause my uncle owns a cell phone store if this works out.
    Go to Carribean Communications in Sosua, owned by two members here.

Thanks
    where is carribean communications lacated. what is it by? How can I tell if a phone is unlocked, or should my uncle know.

Thanks
    where is carribean communications lacated. what is it by? How can I tell if a phone is unlocked, or should my uncle know.
    Its across the street from Dominos bar which is next to The Europa Hotel.
    Your uncle should know.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts
    carribean communications is on pedro clisante on the south side just west of leo's barber shop and the creole restaurant in the little plaza. opposite from domino/4 roses. if it is locked chances are really good Roger can unlock it. he did with mine.
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

Thanks
    Remember you are not in Chitown no more, you are in the land of I.S.O.C. Ten internet cafes with in 15 minutes of each other. Log on for assistance if needed but I doubt you will be lost for long. Lose the friend.

Thanks
    Fuck, he doesn't need to log on to get help. Walk into the Palace. People will help. I remember feeling lost the first time that van pulled into the dirt road to the Palace. That feeling lasted 30 minutes. By then I was at the Flamingo with 2 mongers from Carolina. 30 minutes later I was getting blown by a stripper......

Thanks
    WOW!!!....this group makes me so happy....

Thread Information