Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 02/2010 - Getting started as a monger, the new section

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

02/2010 - Getting started as a monger, the new section

Well you guys asked for it, so the section has been created.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Getting started as a monger, the new section

Now when a new guy asks a question that was asked a 100 times, I will move it here and who ever likes to walk new guys thru this, can go wild.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

here are some notes i put together for some rookies that went with us to the DR here last week. these notes are random thoughts that came to my mind while sitting plinking on the computer in the evenings weeks and weeks prior to leaving.

we had guys flying into pop and sti the day after we had already arrived. the following is just kind of random, some things repeat , etc... hope others find it a help:

Cliff notes:

when you guys hit the airport in pop or sti, no pesos are needed. You can pay the cab in dollars and rates are quoted to you in dollars. What you need to do is to hustle to blackbeards as the contest will be starting at 4pm (give or take as it is dominican time), or started by the time you get there. The food is very good at bb's and you will probably be hungry when you get there. Would recommend the dominican stew/soup to get you started while the gals are strutting their stuff in front of you. Good stuff, filling , very dominican (never had anything like it) and you dont have to pay much attention to your food to eat it. lol

Comus and I will have plenty of pesos to get you going until the next day when we will take you down and change some. Dont change at the airport, nor at blackbeards. Currently the rate is at 36-1 , give or take depending on the day. Airport and bb might give 33-34-1. that is a 7% disparity. Fair amount of beer , or pussy if you want to look at it from that perspective.

the weather there is hot. Never wore long pants or shirt when there in april. Did I say it was hot? It is hot and muggy. The avg temp in jan. is 83/ low 62 and feb. 84/62. in the dead of summer, 92/68 to put it in perspective. It will be warm and always shorts weather. Rainfall in jan. and feb. is avg 6”. that is a fair amount. Am checking to see how much it interferes with life. Wont be a problem at blackbeards but in sosua, rain is a pain. Have read some say to bring a collapsable umbrella. Am checking with some to see if that is worthy of the space in my luggage. Dont know that I would hassle with it, just bring a garbage bag for your dirty clothes and it can double as a pancho need be. Will let you all know on the rain thing

dress at bb is beach casual. I.e. Swimsuits, shorts , tank tops etc... sosua is casual as well. Heck , anything goes. Lol dress comfy, u dont have to impress anybody. Stick a few pesos on your forehead, your a rockstar. Its all good

a few websites to start your research:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/register.p...849&i=84123791
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/index.php
    http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic
    http://www.costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/index.php
    http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/index.php
    http://www.worldsexguide.com/
    http://www.chicahunters.com/
    http://www.ilovesosua.com/index.html
    http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...m_ite=CityPage

coins
    1 peso = 3cents
    5 peso = 7cents
    10 peso=29cents
    25 peso=71cents

Thanks

bills
    10 pesos* *=* *$0.29
    20 pesos* *=* *$0.57
    50 pesos* *=* $1.43
    100 pesos =* $2.86
    500 pesos = $14.29
    1000pesos= $28.57
    2000pesos=$57.14
    2000 Not recommend

100=* *$2.86* * *1200= $34.29
    200=* *$5.72* * *1500= $42.86
    300=* *$8.57* * *1800= $51.43
    400=* *$11.43* *2000= $57.14
    500=* *$14.29* *2200= $62.86
    600=* *$17.14* *2400= $68.57
    700=* $20.00* * 2500= $71.43
    800=* $22.86* * 2800= $80.00
    900=* $25.71* * 3000= $85.71
    1000=$28.57* * 3200= $91.43
    * * * * * * * * * * * * 3500= $100.00

.mosquito repellant, just in case.* havent needed it as we have a nice breeze being just two blocks off the ocean.* when the air goes quiet, they can be a small bother. Blackbeards does have repellant for and sunblock for you to use behind the bar

a bottle opener and a corkscrew.* bottles ARE NOT TWIST OFF

The dominican republic is a third world country. Keep that first and foremost in your mind. The average income there for a plugger is $200 US per month give or take. You will spend more than they make a year on your week there. That is why they think all americans are rich. To them, we are. Treat everybody as though they are going to steal you blind. They wont, just a few. Can t tell who they are, so treat them all that way. They will try to take advantage of you , simply because you are an american. Stand your ground. While a firm stand is needed with the locals, at the same time keep in mind you are a guest in their country and show that respect. Also, on that vein, you do not have any rights in the DR like you do back home. think about that one real hard. You are a guest, you are an ambassador from the states and if you mix it up with a local your probably going to be wrong even if you think you are right

Carry the name and address of the hotels you are going too. A map would be good as well. This helps several different ways. One, your cabbie may not know where you want to go, and cannot understand you. If your cabbie doesnt know where you are trying to go, show him it in writing. Your accent may be killing it. Also, if you got drunk and lost, easy to deliver you back where you belong. Also, should something happen to you some night, they can find your wingman if they know where you came from
    BlackBeards Adult Resort ( or locally known in spanish as HOTEL BARBA NEGRA )
    Calle Enriquillo 26
    Costambar Beach, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
    Reservations: 1-809-970-3268

New Garden Hotel
    C/Dr. Rosen #32
    El Batey, Sosua
    809-571-1557

maps,. Also very helpful. Just having the lay of the land makes a big dif the first couple days getting the lay of the land. After that, pretty easy to get around. Just remember, always head for the ocean, your hotel will be very close

That all being said, I felt safe everyplace we visited last trip down. Even at 3am alone walking back to the hotel. Now, that doesnt mean you can get stupid and just go go anything anywhere. You have to use some smarts. Dont carry too much money, always keep just the amount of money you will need going out for the evening in your front pocket. Leave your wallet, credit cards, passport, etc.. in you safe in the room. MAKE A PHOTO COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT TO CARRY WITH YOU and put the addy of the new garden hotel and blackbeards on it

only bring two credit cards , max. clean out your wallet if you are bringing it of anything important. You wont need it down there anyways. Call your credit card company and tell them where you are going and for how long. Also, copy down the phone numbers and your card numbers and put them somewhere in your luggage in the unlikelhood of your loosing your cards to a thief

the girls there will try to get as much money from you as possible. Negotiate on everything but food, drugs (dick meds) and booze and food. Some of the unscrupulous gals will try to pickpocket you while trying to check out your package, feeling you up etc... be awares at all times.

A wingman is a good thing. Watch out for one another.

This all being said, it is a very safe place. Just use your head. I f you allow them to take it, they will

MONEY

cash is king in the DR. in the blackbeards region, they DO NOT even have ATM's. Remember, bring cash. The dominican peso is trading presently 36 DOP to a USD. I will have a little cheat sheet made up you can carry on your money clip

when traveling in the DR, you only carry as much money as you think you might need. The rest of your money , along with your wallet, credit cards, license, and passport, lock them in your safe in your room and leave them there. Carry a copy of your passport on your person at all times

blackbeards would rather you pay your room in US dollars. Same with the new garden hotel. So much so that it is way cheaper to pay in dollars. At blackbeards, your drinks and food consumed on site will be charged to your room and doesnt have to be paid for until you leave, in dollars or pesos. The only thing you need pesos for at blackbeards is for pussy, which can also be paid in dollars if you want, but rounding makes it the more expensive route to go. D O NOT CHANGE YOUR MONEY AT BLACKBEARDS OR AT THE AIRPORT. Blackbeards will change your money, as will new garden. Blackbeards discounts as much as 5%. new garden changes pretty fairly. Another thing about having the U.S. Singles, I use them for tipping , as small change is hard to come by in the DR. you think yourself fortunate to get a 100 peso note, let alone some of the smaller denominations. Often I would tip with singles or finish out paying a bill with singles. Sometimes I they feign the no change thing wanting a much larger tip

also, always keep you money on your body. Dont take it out while being screened, dont pack it in your carry on, keep it in your pocket, AT ALL TIMES no matter what they say. Remember, in the DR, they are not TSA, they are not well paid and they will steal from you. Dont pack vaulables in your bag. Carry electronics, computers, cams etc.. in a carry on

When changing money, never ever accept a 2000 peso note. Too big, hard to break. Nobody in the DR has change. They have a national shortage of change. Get a variety of bills, 1000 being the largest and a variety of the smaller bills

also, bring a variety of US dollars. Bring maybe100 singles. 50 minimaly. Two bucks a day min. will go a long ways with your chamber maid in getting addl. Towels and anything else you might want. Also, bring a couple one pound sacks of the miniture hershey bars, small candy bars, suckers, peppermints etc...to give to the gals. Also good for the maid, not to mention a 3a.m. Snack for yourself after getting your brains pucked out. The girls there also like little candies, etc... and it is a nice thing to have around. hershey kisses, hershey miniture bars, suckers.* all good thing to give to the girls, chamber maid, waitress etc...* they really appreciate the small random acts of kindness and the service they give because of it does come back to you

this might sound crazy, but a gal that did an overnighter was getting ready and I gave her a new toothbrush. If you would have seen the face. A tip would not have gotten the mileage that got not to mention a toothbrush is way cheaper than a tip

Bring a variety of fives, tens and twenties. You will need a ten spot for admission to the country. They dont want pesos and they dont want to make change. Their country , their rules I guess. Also bring some twenties to pay the girls with in case you run out of pesos. Just for backup. Otherwise, US dollars in hundreds are easily changed

now, for a rundown on how things kind of work in the DR

for starters, the gals, they train from the same manuals our gals back here do stateside.* while funny, it is sad.* as poor a country as the DR is, the gals should be reallly happy we come down and drop the bucks there that we do.* the problem being, they view americans as being rich, and they want a piece of the action. They would rather sit all day and do nothing rather than drop their number of pesos they want and do some biz. Case in point, the gals at the new garden want 1500 pesos. All said, that just isnt going to happen. If you pay 1500, go find an extreme hotty elsewhere. Why pay the barflies there more than 1000 pesos. That is really all they are worth. They dont get it. The scowl at the guys bringing gals in from outside but wont do anything to change that program. Kind of apples vs. oranges

Thanks

but they want the same price.

the gals will always try to get more bucks, after the appt, than what was bargained for.* they will ask for a few extra pesos to buy food for there baby.* (they all have babys ) or they will simply want a boost in the price because they did something during the appt that wasnt talked about previous.* at the very least, they will ask for taxi money, and if they think you look stupid will ask for something stupid in pesos or if you are on to her, she will ask for 50 or 100 pesos for a motoconcho ride (moped on steroids 125cc i think)
    a dr gal can get a motoconcho ride for 50 pesos , or a US dollar. Never allow them to con you out of anything extra for a motoconcho ride or give you some bs about needing a cab. Keep in mind, had she not seen you, she would still need that ride. Not yours to pay. Many put some inflated rate out there, 500 pesos or higher, to test how dumb you are. They will settle for 50 pesos, and/or nothing. Just say no. you wont insult them. You cant. They understand and respect a hard stand. You cave, they will be all over you. They also tell others you are a sucker (ask comus about the gals that walked us to our hotel and neither of us told them where we were staying) and will cockblock you, screw you up, all kinds of weird stuff

they will help themselves to any gum, candy , mints, anything you have sitting out.* simple thing of mouthwash, will grab a swig of that.* none of those items amount to squat and i didnt care.* it is just the way they think.* alway get a little more from the rich gringo.* that is thought number one. Just keep in mind, always keep valuables locked up and or out of sight or it could well grow legs and dissappear

the one thing to keep in mind, no matter what you work out with the gal ahead of time, typically, after you shoot, she is up and getting dressed.* on an overnighter, they call two shots, dressed and out.* if they do more than two, in their minds it opens the discussion of price back up. Not all that way but most

stand you ground. learn to say no.* toss them out of your room. call bs and dont listen to the hustle.* the gals will respect a hard stand. they will run all over you if you allow them too.* i literally had to take two gals and toss them from the room.* told them they got all they were going to get, didn t want to hear it, get out of my room..* when they wouldnt leave, i put my hand in the small of their back and guided them to the door.* now get this, i go thru all this, show her the door, she then turns and asks if i would walk her down.* they dont get angry when that happens. they may act it, but they dont.* the next day, they will be back trying to hustle you again. this time, it is much cheaper as they know they cant pull punches

pretty much the standard in the dr is 40 bucks or 1000, 1500 pesos tops for a shot or 80 bucks or 2500 pesos for an overnite, which is two shots.* that* is not set in stone, some gals will gfe you to death as long as you* can go, but would say that gal falls into the 10 percenter category.* the other 90 percent or one shot and out

what they do is go 1 to 2 hours on a short time appt, 40 bucks, and say 10pm til morning on an overnighter but if you use both shots up the night before, she could pick up and leave on you.* just figure, 40 bucks a pop, anything more you get you will be a happy person

blackbeards resort sets a cap on the pricing,40 for 1 -2 hours (1500 pesos)and 80 on overnight (3000 pesos) these are round numbers in dollars

in sousua, the gals will milk you for what they can, but they will play for a lot less, the top hot gals in the same dollar range as the blackbeards gals as there is more competition. Way way more.* they will start out double.* bargain with them, tell them what you will pay and if you cant come to an agreement, move on.* there are tons and tons of gals in sousua.* *no sense in wasting time on a gal that thinks her crap doesnt stink.* there are some seriously hot gals that do demand, and get, more bucks.* i didnt go there. In sosua, pussy for the short time can be had from many for 1000 pesos and overnighter for 1500 pesos. Not all, but some. You have to work to get an overnighter at that rate though for the most part. That, or pick a haitian. They are much cheaper and way more agressive

like i said, our first five nights last spring were in sousua.* we played with the gals that strolled into the hotel mid morning thru early evening if the price was right.* *in the evening would go uptown to the disco and let a gal find us. * sounds backwards, but that is how it works.* when a gal is available, all you have to do is look at her and let her catch your gaze.* she will stroll over and put the hustle on you.* *every gal in the dr is fair game.* even a gal that is a "good girl"* will still do some diddling on the side.* they are just in it some for the sport, and others for* a few extra bucks

something else to keep in mind.* these gals will cockblock like crazy.* they will grab on to your arm and follow you like a little puppy.* after some time,, they will put the touch on you for beer, but will order an expensive shot instead.* she asks for a beer, you order the beer, not her.* she will also follow you to dinner.* They dont always really want the beer, often just a a probe to see if you will drop a dime on her. after spending some time with you, she will make you feel obligated to screw her, so just be careful who you let hang on your arm (always messing with your cock also)* and how long you let them hang on it. Your wingman is invaluable and can be a great help to help you shake a gal that decides to cockblock you. Going to the bathroom is always good as well. Never had one follow me in ......yet. Remember, you toss too much bucks at these gals, the word will get around and they will cockblock like crazy there.

sousua is one huge hustle.* doesnt matter if it is the gals at the hotel , at the beach or uptown (pretty much all the same gals) they are out hustling to get as much bucks for as little time as they can

blackbeards.* now, they are out in BFE.* on the edge of puerto plata on the beach ,* there is a small commerce area up around the corner prob less than a 5 minute walk and the beach is the other way just maybe a block or so.* BB's is real laid back.* you can go there and not have to leave.* actually, we didnt.*Heck, we didnt realize the ocean was only a few hundred yards away the first trip. lol very very relaxing, laid back, and the hustle on the bucks is non existent.* they cap the price and it takes the argument out of it.* the only problem you can run into there (and i dont view it as a problem) is the gals sitting next to you with their hand up your swimsuit grabbing ole junior.* made taking a nap very very difficult.*

talked it over with my wingman, comus_v, and he agreed that we needed to have more time to spend at blackbeards, possibly splitting our week, 4 days BB and 4 days in sousua.* Pretty sure that is what we will do. we did it kind of backwards in april, but that was due to not being able to get reservations at BB's when we wanted too.* we ended up settling for what we got.*

btw, food at new garden hotel was good, and price right.* thing is, within a short walk you have many many options.* Keep in mind, it is the DR. dont think you will find much five start dining and you will find more dominican food and steak and hamburger is not always as good as back home. If you want beef, go to a restaurant with a rep for good beef. Bb's had good beef

at BB's., food again was excellent and priced very fairly.* there, the options were more limited, but a five minute walk would give you a few restaurants if you felt the need to eat off premise

also, dickmeds are readily available everywhere.* buy the generic versions as they are much cheaper.* cialis is aoubt 7.50 a pop vs. laPela which is the generic for 50 pesos a pop or $1.40.* same job accomplished.* pharmacies dont require a script except on the opiates.* BB's sold dickmeds at the front counter. condoms as well. Bring your own condoms. They say the DR condoms are like wrapping an inner tube around your dick. Dont know, dont want to find out. lol

when you change money, do not take any 2000 bills.* they are very very hard to get rid of. there is a change shortage in the DR.* i know hearing that makes no sense, but you will always be clamoring for small change.* get your change, in 500's and under.* keep in mind, at todays rate of almost 36/1 , a 500 note is worth a little less than 14 bucks.* if you get a few bigger bills, can pay the gals with them but they may end up hitting you up for chump change as they are hard for them to cash also.* remember, 500 peso notes and smaller if you can, with half or less in 1000 bills

also, dont feel you have to change immediately at the airport.* we didnt. traveled for an hour and a half in a cab and did it on U.S. dollars.* also, the hotels prefer to be paid in dollars as do the cab companies.* just always be sure you are talking dollars and not pesos or vice versa.* many of the gals will go the dollar route as well.*

you will need cash though, is best anyways.* traveler checks can be difficult (not impossible) to cash as you have to go to a bank, the local business's wont cash them.* also, atm's run out of money.* spaz ran into that on sunday night.* ran all over looking for a machine that would spit money at him.* dont let being broke screw you up. carry cash.* if that makes you nervous, get a money belt.* you can stuff a couple grand in it and nobody will be the wiser

also, i mentioned to bring 100 bucks in U.S. singles.* they come in very handy.* so so often when i paid a bar/dinner tab somewhere, i had to work to get it paid with the change situation.* Often after paying for a meal it was difficult to leave a small tip in pesos due to the change thing. (a 10 percent tip is included by law in all food and drink purchases).* when that happened, i simpley gave them U.S. dollar singles.* they know the exchange and readily accept them with a smile. Keep in mind, a 10% tip is figured in on services. Only tip on great service or food. Keep in mind, an occasional tip to a barmaid will go a long ways.

also, i left two singles, some small choclate bars and some mints everyday for the chamber maid.* fist day, i asked for more towels, 6 minimum.* money and candy gone, 6 towels there.* next day, same thing and asked for handtowels.* got them along with my 6 towels.* asked for some soaps one day and she didnt leave them.* the next day, she cleaned my room before i could leave a note and a few bucks.* she loaded me up on soap.* big time.* so, next day, left her a bit more.* *let them know, the tip is for service, and they certainly will provide it

the average price for pussy at blackbeards is 1500/ $41.67 pesos for a short time which is up to a

Thanks

couple hours, and and 3000/ $83.33 for an overnighter. Keep in mind, things are different in the DR than stateside. Short appt. typically, not always , but typically are OSOG and the overnighter is OSOG that night and another SOG in the morning. This varies greatly, but that is what you should expect. Anything addl. Is a bonus. The key here is to be explicit and precise and negotiate what you want. If you want two or three shots, say so first. If you want cim , say so. Also, make sure you understand how much you agreed on. Pull out your pad and write it down and show it to her. Also, write “pesos” after the amount so you dont have her try the BS afterwards that she was talking dollars. They will try to con you

in sosua, a short time appt is around 1000/ $27.78 , 1500 tops, and overnighter 1500, tops2000/ $55.55.

bring your own condoms, and lots of them, and bring some lube. Nothing worse than if you hit a dry hole. I have also encountered some of the tightest pussies ever in the DR. there seem to be an abuncance of spinners there, maybe 95 pounds soaking wet. Not to mention, you may well be trying to make your personal best in the number of shots per day. Some slip and slide goes a long way towards that end. No sense in getting a sore dick. If you want or need some dick meds, they are readily available in the DR. at blackbeards, they sell them at the front desk. In sosua at the new garden, two doors down is a pharmacy. They typically say not to bring in any script med you dont have a script for. Illicit drug use in the DR is very frowned on, and lots of little stings are set up to fleece people out of their money. If you are going to the DR to do some 420, get that thought out of your mind. You DO NOT want to go to a DR jail. You want to recreate with a drug other than viagra or cialis, go find somebody else to hang with. You are not going to find any friends in this group

for some reason, they do not give you wash cloths for your shower in the DR. if you are like me, I like a washcloth. Bring your own. Also, bring a bar of soap. The little bars they give you, coupled with the lack of a washcloth and the number of showers you will be taking suck. Two of the small bars they give is barely enough for the gals, let alone you. Nothing worse than having a small bar of soap broke in three pieces because it is so thin. Keep in mind, the DR is a humid country. Hot and humid. You take a shower before and after sex. The gals do as well. It is SOP down there. If she doesnt want a shower, run. Also, bring your own shampoo, they dont provide it. You could well take 6-8 showers in a days time if you were hitting it hard

the water is not fit to drink. Will make you sick. Drink bottled water only. When brushing your teeth, rinse with bottled water. It is ok to rinse your brush off with tap water, just leave it out to dry. Keep your mouth shut in the shower as well. Lol a little is not going to hurt a thing, I.e. Your lips being damp, etc... just try not to swallow any water. Spit it out. Meds are readily available should you catch a bug, but with a little common sense, it is a non issue. Cipro, a broad range antibiotic will wipe easily wipeout any food or waterborne illness you could get if you get sloppy in your approach. Remember, dont drink the water, and be mindful of eating food from a street vendor. Zentel will also wipe out montezumas revenge easily.

at blackbeards, they have a small mini bar in the room. It has beer, pop , water and chips I think. Not sure what all else in it. Maybe some rum as well. There is also a grocery store around the corner that you can pick things up as well.
    In sousua, there are stores either way from the new garden , just a few doors away, that you can get water./pop./ beer . There is a mini fridge in the room. New garden also has a bar and a restaurant. These both close I think around 11 or so. Not sure. Never there at that time

surge protector. Bring a surge protector to protect anything electric or electronic you bring. I.e. Computer, camera, ipod etc... the electricity is very up and down in the DR and you must protect yourself from surges. Even with the generators kicking in right away, power varies greatly and it is not if the electric goes out, it is when the electric goes out

blackbeards has wireless. Works rather slow , sometimes , in the rooms. Works well around the pool/ restaurant area. Blackbeards also has a computer there you can use. New garden hotel has good wireless. Works everywhere, including the room. At least it did in mine, I was in the new section. Seems I may have heard it doesnt work so well in the old section (note, wireless screwed up for 4 days here this trip. Sucks having to go to the internet cafe to check in for work)

suntan lotion , a hat to cover your head. It gets hot out in the sun. if you have troubles with getting burnt, you will for sure in the DR. I got super fried and dehydrated the last day of our trip this spring. Spent the afternoon frolicking in the pool with the chickadees. Knew I was getting some sun. just didnt realize how much. Made me sick. Missed the last night party there. In bed sick with the chills and fever.

Taxi fare from santiago airport to sosua is 90-100 dollars, U.S. There is a board up with all the cities and what they charge there. Blackbeards is puerto plata, costamar beach, 75-80 bucks. Get your dollar amount agreed upon before you set foot in the cab or they get a handle on any of your luggage. It is slightly negotiable. Last trip down, they wanted 90 bucks , which was higher than the board rate and quickly backed off when we said no. cab rates are high. Between the gas being high and the cost of vehicles on the island coupled with a taxi mafia, the rates are high. It isnt so bad when you split the fare with another. Check at the hotel if any others are going to the airport the same trip you are. The rate is the same for one passenger as it is for 2 or 4. if you have more than 2, they will try and surcharge you. Tell them to get lost. They will capitulate. I will check with blacbeards a few weeks in advance to see if anybody else is coming in at the same time as our flights to see if any rideshare can be worked out. Highly doubt it, we will be 25% of their biz, doesnt leave a lot when you spread the rest of the arrivals out over a handful of days and the different flight times but worth a try

tipping a surcharge is already figured in on your food. A small tip is customary but not necessary. Same with drinks. HOWEVER, tipping you barmaid once and again thru the night has its benefits

tipping the gals, like here in the states is not necessary. Remember, you are paying them a weeks wages for an hours work. If a gal really trips you trigger, trip away. Remember this though, the more money we throw at them , the more they want. Dont be part of the problem

fwiw dept. dont tell the gals on the local boards you are going to the DR. in their minds, every person in that country has HIV. Just keep a lid on it. You dont want some jealous broad starting problems for you (they would cock block you by telling others that you were in the DR and you know how the gals are down there, ) and try to make it so you could only see them
    English/Spanish Phrase Guide

the islanders appreciate an effort at at least attempting some of the language. Also, it can be fun to teach each other your respective languages. Also gives an old fart something in common with a young hottie besides your having a dick and her wanting it. That being said, cross out the word dick, like or love and put in “my money” and you will get the hint. Lol she is loving the bucks, nothing else

Greetings:

hello -- hola
    goodbye -- adios
    Good Morning/Day -- buenos dias
    Good Afternoon -- buenas tardes
    Good evening/night -- buenas noches
    Nice to meet you -- mucho gusto
    My name is… -- Mi nombre es…
    How are you? -- Como esta?
    Very well, thank you -- Muy bien, gracias
    See you soon -- Hasta luego.

General:

Please -- por favor
    thank you -- gracias
    you're welcome -- de nada
    yes -- si
    no -- no
    good -- bueno
    bad -- malo
    sorry -- perdon/disculpame
    excuse me -- permiso
    I -- yo
    you (informal) -- tu
    you (formal) -- usted
    he/she/it -- el/ella
    we -- nosotros
    you (plural) -- ustedes
    they -- ellos/ellas

At the hotel:

I'm American -- Soy americano/a
    I'm Canadian -- Soy canadiense
    I'm British -- Soy Ingles
    Hotel -- hotel
    bathroom -- bańo
    price -- precio
    money -- dinero
    bank -- banco
    key -- llave
    room -- habitacion
    beach -- playa
    towels -- toallas
    soap -- jabon

Food and drink:

the restaurant -- el restaurante
    menu -- menu
    food -- comida
    breakfast -- desayuno
    lunch -- almuerzo
    dinner -- cena
    drinks -- bebidas
    water -- agua
    juice -- jugo
    soft drink -- refresco
    beer -- cerveza
    rum -- ron
    rum and coke -- cuba libre
    rum and 7-up -- santa libre
    red wine -- vino tinto
    white wine -- vino blanco
    ice -- hielo
    milk -- leche
    coffee -- cafe
    tea -- te
    salt/pepper -- sal/pimienta
    sugar -- azucar

Exploring:

small corner grocery -- colmado
    store -- tienda
    bus -- guagua
    motocycle taxi -- motoconcho
    post card -- tarjeta
    post office -- correo
    stamp -- sello
    telephone -- telefono
    beauty salon -- peluqueria

General phrases:

Can you help me please? -- Me ayuda por favor?
    Do you need help? -- Necesita ayuda?
    Do you speak English? -- Habla ingles?
    I don't speak Spanish -- No hablo espańol
    Is this purified water? -- Es agua purificado?
    Where's the bathroom? -- Donde esta el bańo?
    The bill, please -- La cuenta, por favor
    I don't understand -- No intiendo
    Please speak slowly -- Hable despacio por favor
    Where is/are… -- Donde esta/estan…
    I would like… -- Quisiera…
    What is the exchange rate? -- Que es la tasa de cambio?
    Bon appetit! -- Buen provecho!

Shopping phrases:

How much is it? -- Cuanto cuesta?
    It's cheap/expensive -- Es barato/caro
    It's too much -- Es demasiado
    I would like to buy… -- Quiero comprar…
    Can you help me? -- Puede ayudarme?
    I like it -- Me gusta.
    I don't like it -- No me gusta
    Please leave me alone -- Por favor, dejeme
    Thank you for your help -- Gracias por su ayuda

Numbers:

one -- uno
    two -- dos
    three -- tres
    four -- cuatro
    five -- cinco
    six -- seis
    seven -- siete
    eight -- ocho
    nine -- nueve
    ten -- diez
    twenty -- veinte
    thirty -- treinta
    forty -- cuarenta
    fifty -- cincuenta
    sixty -- sesenta
    seventy -- setenta
    eighty -- ochenta
    ninety -- noventa
    one hundred – cien
    important things to remember. Consider them to be gotta do's

beer bottles are not all twist off. Bring a bottle opener for your room if you drink in your room

make a photo copy of your passport to carry on your person

cash only, no credit card use except in an emergency. Travelers checks hard to cash (if not impossibleand not recommended. Bring 50-100 U.S. Singles, some 20's . ,10's and 5's. Maybe2- 400 bucks broken down
    you guys are going to be arriving late and dont have time to stop to change dollars to pesos. Comus and I will cash extra so you will be covered as the party will start shortly on your arrival
    only bring two credit cards, leave the rest of your cards and other contents of your wallet in the states.
    Notify your credit card company you what dates you are going to be in the DR

copy the numbers of you cc's and the 800 numbers to call should you loose your credit cards for some reason and carry them somewhere in your luggage

bar of soap and a wash cloth if you desire(no wash clothes in the DR , or shampoo for that matter

bring your own condoms, (bring plenty) and lube

small note pad and pen, carry in your shirt pocket

surge protector for your electronics

suntann lotion and hat

carry your cash on your body at all times while in transit. Keep your electronics in a carry on, do not check them. May not be there when you get there

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Damn Ralphie!! You did some extensive writing here...my eyes hurt!! This is a great starters guide, especially for the potential WU victim.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 686 Posts

while putting this thread together preparing for my first trip http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...=198687&page=2

the members of the board gave me some great advice--- DON'T OVER ANALYZE AND HAVE FUN pretty much. yes it was great to know the basics but your first time down its impossible not to have the deer in the head lights look.. know where to go to eat..know how much you should be paying.. now go live life
    welcome to the fraternity, *morgan freeman voice*

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rushdog34 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg View Post
    Damn Ralphie!! You did some extensive writing here...my eyes hurt!! This is a great starters guide, especially for the potential WU victim.
    we had three rookies coming along this time and i didnt want to have to babysit.

i started out with random thoughts plinking on the computer while watching football on sundays. this started in the fall. sometimes would write a lot, sometimes nothing for weeks. when chatting with the guys and a concern or question came up, i would sit down and jot it down. all the stuff that i had to dig and dig to find and still didnt (no matter how much i read the board) and had to live and learn a lot of it

so often a question gets asked and five guys would respond "read the board!" and the thread got locked. dont know how the rest of the world feels about that but sure does turn some newbies away. i read and search out info and often could not find the question answered on the board. i asked some questions early on and that happened. did not really endear me to the board

this is an information board, we need to provide information. only way the rookies are going to learn. if the board wants to grow, it is going to have to put the info out there in an easy to read and find format.

everybody chastises a newb for paying too much for a chica, but won't tell him how to get the best rate or what the going rate actually is or what they did wrong. that effort of chastising should actually be spent showing him how to not pay so much.

this section will be a good info section for newbs, can give them a forum the pundit can link them to when they ask a "dumb" *(no such thing as a dumb question) question and also give them an area to ask them. if somebody is put off by the "dumb" question, ignore it and let others answer it

remember one thing, we were all new to the hobby at one time and all new to mongering off shore. somebody helped the lions share of us jump through some hoops to do it safely and inexpensively. time to repay that time bestowed on you in days gone by and help the newb out. this section will also help the board grow. if the info is easily found, and of value, they will have no reason to go look elsewhere

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie1 View Post
    so often a question gest asked and five guys would respond "read the board!" and the thread got locked. dont know how the rest of the world feels about that but sure does turn some newbies away. i read and search out info and often could not find the question answered on the board.

98% of the time, new guys would ask, where should I stay in Sosua. If you read a few reports, you will know that many stay at the New Garden.

This question along with a few others says "Hey, I can't be bothered reading, just set up a trip for me"

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

this is an information board, we need to provide information. only way the rookies are going to learn. if the board wants to grow, it is going to have to put the info out there in an easy to read and find format.

I made over 100 trips and I am getting answers to questions that I never thought that I would have. Every possible question will never get answered.

Main thing to know is that you need a passport, and what is the airport code. You also need to know about how much money to bring.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

we had three rookies coming along this time and i didnt want to have to babysit.

i started out with random thoughts plinking on the computer while watching football on sundays. this started in the fall. sometimes would write a lot, sometimes nothing for weeks. when chatting with the guys and a concern or question came up, i would sit down and jot it down. all the stuff that i had to dig and dig to find and still didnt (no matter how much i read the board) and had to live and learn a lot of it

so often a question gets asked and five guys would respond "read the board!" and the thread got locked. dont know how the rest of the world feels about that but sure does turn some newbies away. i read and search out info and often could not find the question answered on the board. i asked some questions early on and that happened. did not really endear me to the board

everybody chastises a newb for paying too much for a chica, but won't tell him how to get the best rate or what the going rate actually is or what they did wrong. that effort of chastising should actually be spent showing him how to not pay so much.

this section will be a good info section for newbs, can give them a forum the pundit can link them to when they ask a "dumb" *(no such thing as a dumb question) question and also give them an area to ask them. if somebody is put off by the "dumb" question, ignore it and let others answer it

remember one thing, we were all new to the hobby at one time and all new to mongering off shore. somebody helped the lions share of us jump through some hoops to do it safely and inexpensively. time to repay that time bestowed on you in days gone by and help the newb out. this section will also help the board grow. if the info is easily found, and of value, they will have no reason to go look elsewhere
    Your posts are brilliant Ralphie, and all the info you share is invaluable to newbies like me.

I wish more veteran posters would follow your example. Well done, man.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FnB For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks ralphie, i will make note of the english/spanish translations. been in and out of tijuana on day trips a dozen times an got by ok, leaving 2/16 for the NG, so if anyone can help thanks, I seem to recall somewhere reading a link to a mongers guide to eng/span translations. anybody seen this or just my mind playing tricks on me?

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ttrux For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ttrux View Post
    thanks ralphie, i will make note of the english/spanish translations. been in and out of tijuana on day trips a dozen times an got by ok,

Then you should be fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 5,636 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rushdog34 View Post
    while putting this thread together preparing for my first trip http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...=198687&page=2

the members of the board gave me some great advice--- DON'T OVER ANALYZE AND HAVE FUN pretty much. yes it was great to know the basics but your first time down its impossible not to have the deer in the head lights look.. know where to go to eat..know how much you should be paying.. now go live life
    Words of wisdom here.
    Blue Devil

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueDevil For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This was a good read ralphie, right on time before I go to BB this friday and Sosua this sunday.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to milone For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,686 Times in 501 Posts

well done ralphie.

I've been to Sosua 6 times and Boca Chcia last august. Returning to Sosua in 8 days yet again :-)
    But it was fun and interesting reading all your notes and report.

very useful for sure.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to stevereds For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you Ralphie.....I am planning my next trip to POP instead of Costa Rica. I really appreciate your great informational post. I go through the boards like this before I start asking questions, you have answered many of my questions. Thanks again!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to kuttappan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Real good idea Jimmy starting this section (just saw it for the first time a few minutes ago, you put it up while my computer was down), hopefully it will help out some of the newbies, and like you said if someone doesn't mind answering a question this is where he can go, and for those that don't, they can stay away from this section.

I will try and remember to put the newbie questions that have been asked a thousand times in this section.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,115 Times in 4,554 Posts

Yeah, great section jimmy. Big shout out to ralph on his posts. Those posts are gold brotha!!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to dunedain For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information