Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you never mongered before in a foreign Country

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Re: If you never mongered before in a foreign Country

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Always in that fucked up talk/language that I just ignore.
    He stopped doing that for a while. I think it was when he changed his handle to Seaweed from whatever it was before. He was quite normal for a few months. Perhaps his meds have worn off?

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,744 Times in 721 Posts

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to voltage69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Señor JDR of Medellin View Post
    Tell us about where you been.
    Nowhere! Will be the first time when I go! Have had sex with prostitutes before though (if that counts for much...)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dbneon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbneon View Post
    Nowhere! Will be the first time when I go! Have had sex with prostitutes before though (if that counts for much...)
    It counts. Start telling some stories.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,555 Times in 660 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
    If you are leaving on April 7th, you should be in the clear as Easter is April 4th. San Jose, CR, is as close to "shooting fish in the barrel" as you can get. All the mongering venues are centered in a relatively small area called "The Gulch." I would recommend staying a Sportsmens Lodge, a mongers' hotel, located a few blocks north of the gulch. There are plenty of seasoned mongers, who stay at Sportsmens, who can steer you in the right direction. Sportsmens is also a p4p venue as many decent working chicas visit the bar everyday.
    To make things simple, I would agree with the suggestion that a good starting point would be staying at the Sportsmens Lodge in San Jose. There are gobs of flights from all over the U.S. to San Jose which provides some competitive rates. Whenever I go to San Jose (from Indianapolis) I usually leave at 7:00 in the morning and arrive in the early afternoon. For a newbie, I would suggest exiting the airport, turning left and going to the taxi window and get a taxi to take you to Sportsmens Lodge. Check in. Enjoy. Talk with others. Ask for help. Everyone is friendly. The heart of the action, the Hotel Del Rey (you could also stay there), is an easy five minute walk and at night an even quicker and inexpensive ride back to the Sportsmens. There are also plenty of massage full service places nearby. Just read the posts, take notes and go. Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be, especially for a first trip. In the daytime you can also sign up for different tours to many places or just enjoy a few walking trips through parks and to restaurants and shopping and museums. P.S. If you stay at the Sportsmens, I would choose a room other than those just off the bar/restaurant area which can be distractingly noisy during the day and up until about 11 p.m.

Now to make things simple, part 2, my other suggestion would be to fly into POP (Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic), go outside and get a taxi and go directly to the New Garden Hotel. There is action right there and it is no more than a block to all the other action at night time. There are also plenty of persons who can give you advice and ideas. Two beaches are also within easy walking distance for relaxing afternoons. Visit Passions at least once and see if you like that. Again, don't complicate things more than you need. Just go, enjoy and read a few reports before to help you be at ease with the environment.

Philippines is also easy, but the airplane trip is long and then you have to get to Angeles City on top of that. Start with San Jose or Sosua first and then move into graduate courses later on.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sonrisa For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Perhaps his meds have worn off?
    actually the Patois hasn't totally worn off....mi have been back two days
    after being there twice in the last 45 days speaking and writing Patois happens stateside without knowing it sometimes

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    It counts. Start telling some stories.
    Nothing exciting. Got bored and horny, to the point of paying GBP150 - yes, GBP 150, around USD 250 - for one hour of sex with one average-to-below girl. Honestly, stuff I don't want to think about again...

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dbneon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Backseatboy_02 View Post
    Ok.. so just a weird question.. I am flying out of FL.. and am looking at airline prices... Why is it so much cheaper to fly to Santo Domingo than POP? I mean its like 300 bucks cheaper to go to Santo Domingo so for a 4 day trip is it really worth the price differance? Is Santo Domingo good as well?
    Here was my thought when I was looking at my first trip there alone.

From POP airport to Sosua is about 15 minutes and the Hotel I stayed at New Garden would pick me up and take me straight to my hotel for 25US each way. Sousa Suites will do the same for free for members. From Florida you arrive and leave in the afternoon so there is time for fun on the travel days.

From Santo Domingo, you are going to a rather largely populated city. To travel cheap, I believe you travel by taxi to the bus station and than a several hour bus ride to Sosua. So it takes alot longer and there is a greater chance of delays in getting there. You also will have to travel back losing time in Sosua on the day you leave.

My goal to a successful first trip was to limit the things that could go wrong in a country I was going to for the first time. ( I was in the DR before on a cruise ship stop but you don't venture far and they hold your hand)

So for me the extra cost of the flight was well worth it. Perhaps with more experience in the country and more trips I might consider a flight to Santo Domingo for the challenge and to experience a different part of the country but I wouldn't consider it alone for the first time trip with no spanish skills but that is just me.

Another option is Santiago where the Florida flight can easily be $200 less but again by the time you take taxis and the bus both ways and factor time which is less than Santo Domingo there really isn't a huge savings. Although you get to see another part of the country.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Backseatboy_02 View Post
    Ok.. so just a weird question.. I am flying out of FL.. and am looking at airline prices... Why is it so much cheaper to fly to Santo Domingo than POP? I mean its like 300 bucks cheaper to go to Santo Domingo so for a 4 day trip is it really worth the price differance? Is Santo Domingo good as well?
    Simple math. One flute a day to pop which is almost always full compared to numerous flights to sd
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbneon View Post
    Nothing exciting. Got bored and horny, to the point of paying GBP150 - yes, GBP 150, around USD 250 - for one hour of sex with one average-to-below girl. Honestly, stuff I don't want to think about again...
    Reason enough to get on a plane.

However, beware.

I have seen guys who had no clue what they were doing pay that much in Santo Domingo for much less attractive Chicas than we'll pay $65 US for TLN.

Read the board and trip reports from others and you will become forewarned about the traps, thus forearmed to maximize your pleasure. Every place mongers go is different. The Dominican Republic moreso than most, especially in the Capital. It's low living at a fast pace and high living at an even faster pace.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Reason enough to get on a plane.

However, beware.

I have seen guys who had no clue what they were doing pay that much in Santo Domingo for much less attractive Chicas than we'll pay $65 US for TLN.

Read the board and trip reports from others and you will become forewarned about the traps, thus forearmed to maximize your pleasure. Every place mongers go is different. The Dominican Republic moreso than most, especially in the Capital. It's low living at a fast pace and high living at an even faster pace.
    For sure! I'm going to be riding solo all the way, but I'm going to arm myself with all the info I can get for sure!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dbneon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have done plenty of mongering in Thailand but never in Central or South America. I have a trip to Colombia coming up soon... too crazy for a gringo newbie?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to herspot2011 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by herspot2011 View Post
    I have done plenty of mongering in Thailand but never in Central or South America. I have a trip to Colombia coming up soon... too crazy for a gringo newbie?
    Se depiende. ¿Habla usted español?

I did my first trip to Colombia (Cartagena) last December ... as a shipwrecked sailor, but that's another story.

Losing your luggage - $500 or so.

Losing your Android pad - $200.

Taking your captain to the cathouse after the rescue ship gets you to shore - Priceless!
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

I would highly recommend DR over San Jose.. Naturally, being your first trip.. you will be a bit timid. You need the girls to take the lead.. You will find the more agressive girls in DR. They will just walk up to you and grab your junk (the pros). If you can't speak Spanish, these would be your starting points.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hioctane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Timid, huh? That's relative to each person's personality. My first trip was to Sao Paulo, Brazil, and I spoke no Portuguese but had an awesome time. Brought a translation book with me and addresses of places to visit. Overall it was an excellent trip and an extreme way to get your feet wet for a first trip of this type. A tourist visa is also required, which at the time of this writing costs 160 dollars plus I believe a 20 dollar fee if sent to the consulate by mail. Sao Paulo literally felt bigger than NYC, but overall it's an awesome city. Issue is, taxis are a must when traveling around the city, unless you know Portuguese and have an idea of the transportation system which I knew nothing about when I first visited. The clubs are great, massage parlors are awesome the the prices range drastically around the city. Can be anywhere from 10 dollars to 100. When I arrived in Sao Paulo my first night, time was something I did not think of wasting so I headed over to Love Story, one of the most famous clubs in the city and had a few drinks, walked around, checked out the action, and picked up an extremely hot blonde model type. From what I remember, she was dressed up in a tight black catsuit looking hot as f-cking hell. Not speaking any Portuguese I approached her, took out 100 reals, which was about 50 dollars at the time and motioned to the door to leave. We walked outside the club, jumped into a taxi and headed back to the hotel. She wanted 100 reals more after arriving back at the room, so total costed 100 usd, which I thought was an absolute bargain considering how slamming hot she was. She was not a clock watcher, at all. Stayed the entire night, all morning and did not rush to leave. She spoke no English, I spoke no Portuguese and we basically just had wild hot sex all night. Probably the best I've ever had. She got into it, hardcore and was moaning in Portuguese while we were having very hot sex. Hot as hell.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...72570838_n.jpg

Some differences between traveling to Sao Paulo instead of San Jose:

1. The flight is longer to SP
    2. The flight is more expensive to SP
    3. Tourist Visa (160 dollars) is required to visit SP
    4. Portuguese is spoken in SP
    5. SP is a much harder city to navigate due to it's huge size and requires the use of Taxis
    6. SP has much less tourists from the states
    7. Overall it's more expensive to visit SP

That said, I would love to go back and visit Sao Paulo, eventually.

For a first trip, I'd definitely recommend San Jose, since there are so many places to go (massage parlors, strip clubs, freelance bars) and most people stay downtown near where all the action is. You can stay at hotels that cost no more than 50 dollars a night, some even less than that. Everything is there and you can also meet other tourists while you're down there. Easy to hop on a bus from the airport to downtown San Jose for 1 dollar, and then hop a taxi for probably no more than 2 or 3 dollars to whichever hotel you're staying at. You'll also meet a variety of women from different parts of central and south america. Although it helps to speak Spanish in San Jose, it's not very necessary since they are used to catering to people from the states and many speak basic English. It's still a good idea to at least make an attempt to know some basic Spanish. Even though many do speak some English, it's still a Spanish speaking country and if you want to go to places away from the "Gulch", speaking some Spanish will help.

Quote Originally Posted by hioctane View Post
    I would highly recommend DR over San Jose.. Naturally, being your first trip.. you will be a bit timid. You need the girls to take the lead.. You will find the more aggressive girls in DR. They will just walk up to you and grab your junk (the pros). If you can't speak Spanish, these would be your starting points.
    Last edited by paradisebeach; 03-21-2013 at 10:35 PM.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to paradisebeach For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Don't forget about Panama!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j4yd4wg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j4yd4wg View Post
    Don't forget about Panama!
    Tell us more ...?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    How many threads about the DR lately? How many have you always thrown up about how much Jamacia is better than the DR? Always in that fucked up talk/language that I just igonore.

It's just wrong for you to post like this, when you always say you always choose Jamiaca over DR. And with the pics you post of the prost that you are soooooo happy fucking over there, it doesn't even come close to the chicas from the DR. Hatiana's, yes....but Dominican chicas, no.
    I agree with Seaweed. I don't see any Dominican looking girls in Sosua . One might as well go to Haiti or Jamaica. I am from NYC and the girls in Sosua and Boca Chica don't look anything like the girls here in Washington Heights and The Bronx. There is obsolutely nothing to do in Sosua, except watch the girls get arrested, like Seaweed said. lol. I don't see myself going back to Soaua or Boca Chica anytime soon. Just my 2 cents. Have been there many times since 2009.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe Rilla For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks for the advice. any danger just being in Columbia because of the Cartel?

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beach Bum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bum View Post
    thanks for the advice. any danger just being in Columbia because of the Cartel?
    I would stay away.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information