Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sosua Bay Resort

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Re: Sosua Bay Resort

Quote Originally Posted by woody514 View Post
    There are 2 beautiful chicas who work this reception desk !! And, yes they will meet you after they are off work,, at another hotel of course.
    now that is what I call customer service!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woody514 View Post
    It's some timeshare type thing that they have at Sosua Bay Resort ,and a place in Puerto Plata.
    Timeshares suck but thanks

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

They used to sell timeshares there.They rode around in their golfcart then took you back to Sosua Bay .One of my friends was drugged after the cart ride the put something similar to a Roofie in his beer,when he started to get droggy he was pissed.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 1,585 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Timeshares suck but thanks
    Most timeshares are the real estate equivalent of getting a hooker "novia" and sending her Western Union.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to curiousdude For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by curiousdude View Post
    Timeshares are the real estate equivalent of getting a hooker "novia" and sending her Western Union.

I was at a hotel in Caberete and this guy traded his share someplace else to be where I was. He paid $400 a year maintanence feee and got 7 nights there. I paid $35 a night and stayed 9 nights. I never had to put the $10,000 down either.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 1,585 Posts

I was at a hotel in Caberete and this guy traded his share someplace else to be where I was. He paid $400 a year maintanence feee and got 7 nights there. I paid $35 a night and stayed 9 nights. I never had to put the $10,000 down either.
    Exactly what I mean! These timeshare scams are among the biggest scams around. In my experience, this is the only "asset" bitter divorcing couples want the OTHER party to have.

"You take it"
    "No, YOU take it."
    "I want YOU to have it."
    "Why should I have it. It was your dumb idea to buy the fucking thing!"

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to curiousdude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,001 Times in 568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8orBetter View Post
    They used to sell timeshares there.They rode around in their golfcart then took you back to Sosua Bay .One of my friends was drugged after the cart ride the put something similar to a Roofie in his beer,when he started to get droggy he was pissed.
    I had an hour to kill once and did the tour. The golf cart guy was pretty cool in that he only asked once and didn't bother me when I said I didn't have time. Everytime he saw me after that he would just nod and smile, but the other guys would ask every time they saw me.
    When I had a little spare time I told him let's see it, because I figured he got paid based on getting people there and he was cool.
    He handed me off to a hot little chica to do the tour. All in all they were very nice accomodations, but I am not interested in timeshares. I think thye are a waste, I would rather buy a place somewhere I enjoy going and rent it out through a management company when I am not there.

Some pics of the rooms they showed me.

The view from either the room or the observation area outside of the lobby, I can't remember.

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to brovo35 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

These are the $50 rooms?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,001 Times in 568 Posts

These are the $50 rooms?
    I don't know about that. This is the room they showed me when I did the time share tour. They didn't press as they do here in the states when I said I wasn't interested either.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brovo35 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,745 Times in 562 Posts

That room pictured above looks like a suite.

50.00 is the low season "garden view" room rate, things must be slow if they're currently honoring that price!?
    http://www.sosuabayresort.com/sosua-...l-lodging.html

I looked a standard room last trip and it was just like this one- http://www.sosuabayresort.com/sosua-...ble-rooms.html
    "The only known aphrodisiac is variety."

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pacoloco For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,686 Times in 501 Posts

I gotta find out,...if you can stilll do the AI wristband thing..but stay in the chica friendly part of the hotel..and get more than just the breakfast buffet. I have styaed there before a few times a few yrs back, but it wasnt chica friendly then..food was pretty good though...better than casa marina's food imo.

Maybe they can let me pay for the AI, but put my room in the chica friendly part of the hotel etc.

If anyone knows anything ,if this is possible to do..let me know, thanks.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevereds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stevereds View Post
    I gotta find out,...if you can stilll do the AI wristband thing..but stay in the chica friendly part of the hotel..and get more than just the breakfast buffet. I have styaed there before a few times a few yrs back, but it wasnt chica friendly then..food was pretty good though...better than casa marina's food imo.

Maybe they can let me pay for the AI, but put my room in the chica friendly part of the hotel etc.

If anyone knows anything ,if this is possible to do..let me know, thanks.
    Forget that place Ford told me the food sucks and he and I agreed on all the food we ate and we both EAT.

Terra Linda better food and good place or NG and eat next door at TL or or or.
    Just Doing It

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I stayed there about 8 months ago. My in-laws have the time share and I got a rate of $38 per night, BUT--they charged 5 for the safe, and 15 per day for food. They upcharge U--it's the dominican way. A hassle to bring in guests, and the food was okay at best. Overall--not worth it. Most families and tourist who hide within their faciltiies. Very quiet and boring.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to artie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 436 Posts

i stayed here 8 years ago ...was my first dr trip and i was still married . went with my now ex-wife and my son. used to be called sosua by the sea. we traded our time share week and paid maybe 500 for the week for food and drinks. place was really new and they charged much more for walk-ins. goes to show times are bad there these days. food in the trays was bad then but they had a grill that they cooked some things on, me and my son ate that mostly. i remember breakfast was ok . rooms were nice and your right on the beach. the hotel itself is nice with a decent set-up.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Me and 3 of my buddies stayed there back in February. Here are some useful info.:
    -Yes, it is chica friendly. No hassles or extra fees for chicas.
    -They charge you for safe and wifi. However, wifi only works in the lobby (no wifi in the rooms)!
    -Breakfast in included. I really enjoyed the breakfast. Chef to make eggs/omlettes the way you like, fruits, sweets, juice,....also awesome view from the restaurant (you can see the whole bay).
    -No balconies in the oceanfront rooms (only small windows), big minus in my opinion.
    -Great location. Very close to downtown action.

Resort is much much nicer than New Garden, Sea Breeze and others; however, no wifi, no balconies, and charging for safe prohibit us from going back the next time.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robot For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robot View Post
    Me and 3 of my buddies stayed there back in February. Here are some useful info.:
    -Yes, it is chica friendly. No hassles or extra fees for chicas.
    -They charge you for safe and wifi. However, wifi only works in the lobby (no wifi in the rooms)!
    -Breakfast in included. I really enjoyed the breakfast. Chef to make eggs/omlettes the way you like, fruits, sweets, juice,....also awesome view from the restaurant (you can see the whole bay).

-No balconies in the oceanfront rooms (only small windows), big minus in my opinion.
    -Great location. Very close to downtown action.

Resort is much much nicer than New Garden, Sea Breeze and others; however, no wifi, no balconies, and charging for safe prohibit us from going back the next time.
    I had a balcony and oceanfront view, #538 ? I think it was. So some rooms do have it.
    The only problem I had was with the noise from the stage just downstairs to the right where some talent show or Play was going on. they disturbed my 8-10 power nap with al lthe dammned clapping.
    lol

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    I had a balcony and oceanfront view, #538 ? I think it was. So some rooms do have it.
    The only problem I had was with the noise from the stage just downstairs to the right where some talent show or Play was going on. they disturbed my 8-10 power nap with al lthe dammned clapping.
    lol
    Did you get AI with all 3 meals and drinks included for $60 like Peru mentioned in the other thread. I know Fordtech said the food sucks.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Did you get AI with all 3 meals and drinks included for $60 like Peru mentioned in the other thread. I know Fordtech said the food sucks.
    No ,just breakfast, Buffet Style, Anything you want to eat, even made fresh.. but no other meals. There is a lot of confusion with the AI part I think. They are even using the same rooms, as mine was on the left side , and the Monger side is supposed to be on the right side?? I walked about freely to the pool downstairs etc.
    Hey , i got my ocean view, with terrace, and breakfast, for $60. thats all I cared about.
    The big door, leading to where they used to do the "timesharing pitches"
    was CHAINED CLOSED.. So Im not sure if they are still trying to sell it that way.
    Also do search on who the owner is, if you get my drift... the future of that place is very uncertain I guess. Maybe a Local person can find out more "real time " info.....I would NOT give them my credit card. Just tell them "I pay CASH". They will take & honor your reservation.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    No ,just breakfast, Buffet Style, Anything you want to eat, even made fresh.. but no other meals. There is a lot of confusion with the AI part I think. They are even using the same rooms, as mine was on the left side , and the Monger side is supposed to be on the right side?? I walked about freely to the pool downstairs etc.
    Hey , i got my ocean view, with terrace, and breakfast, for $60. thats all I cared about.
    The big door, leading to where they used to do the "timesharing pitches"
    was CHAINED CLOSED.. So Im not sure if they are still trying to sell it that way.
    Also do search on who the owner is, if you get my drift... the future of that place is very uncertain I guess. Maybe a Local person can find out more "real time " info.....I would NOT give them my credit card. Just tell them "I pay CASH". They will take & honor your reservation.
    I know who the owner is and he (A) is well known by some developer friends of mine so I wouldn't give a CC either.

I think if Peru got the 60 including all meals and drinks it is like he said set up by a local and availabe maybe and only maybe if you were on the ground. I doubt they would confirm an email for that price with the drinks and 3 meals.

But I am not a Sosua expert like the guys living there

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    I know who the owner is and he (A) is well known by some developer friends of mine so I wouldn't give a CC either.

I think if Peru got the 60 including all meals and drinks it is like he said set up by a local and availabe maybe and only maybe if you were on the ground. I doubt they would confirm an email for that price with the drinks and 3 meals.

But I am not a Sosua expert like the guys living there
    I can say this for sure, as far as ALL AI's go..

A LOCAL booking for his family and friends, will get a completely diff rate than one of us ,calling or booking online.
    The RIU Bachata in POP for Ex, I think my buds just paid like $74 . night per person.. The regular rate is like $140 ?, all inclusive. The same local cop books for them every year, and they never question it.
    So yes, that is exactly how it works.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information