Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sosua Bay Resort

Thanks

Re: Sosua Bay Resort

Well, I am new to this whole thing here on Isoc and have been at Sosua Bay Resort.
    I stayed there thru a company called Sunset Beach Allinclusives. They have really amazing weekly and all inclusive rates. I think it was 65us per person per night for allinclusive and 40us per night for the room. I have heard that Sosua Bay is now under new management and that food and alcohol are now 24hrs a day. I stayed there for about a month when I was there in the summer last year and definitely plan on getting back there as soon as possible. I think this is the email for any one wanting to inquire sunsetbeachallinclusives@gmail.com. Bring on the chicas.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fullcircle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,905 Times in 283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fullcircle View Post
    Well, I am new to this whole thing here on Isoc and have been at Sosua Bay Resort.
    I stayed there thru a company called Sunset Beach Allinclusives. They have really amazing weekly and all inclusive rates. I think it was 65us per person per night for allinclusive and 40us per night for the room. I have heard that Sosua Bay is now under new management and that food and alcohol are now 24hrs a day. I stayed there for about a month when I was there in the summer last year and definitely plan on getting back there as soon as possible. I think this is the email for any one wanting to inquire sunsetbeachallinclusives@gmail.com. Bring on the chicas.
    Yes they are under new management...I was there a month ago...they got food until 1am before it was 11pm and the bar closes at 1am too

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peruchonyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 214 Posts

I write a mail to info@sosuabayresort.com but got no answer, anybody have a other adress?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratt For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 233 Posts

Warning Re: Sosua Bay Resort

Ihave stayed there; it’s not a great place for mongering. The mongering entranceis on a little side street heading to the beach, sometimes it’s closed and thenyou have to walk all the way around to the front. You could use the front, but it’san all inclusive also and everyone gives you the evil eye. You have to wear aband on your wrist during your stay. The view is good if you get a balconyroom, close to the beach, nice pool, food is ok, it comes with a freebreakfast, but there are much better places to spend your money than a placethat doesn’t want you there.
    Iwould never stay again as a male traveler, maybe if I was traveling with afemale, but then why would I go to Sosua.
    Readsome posts and you will get much good advice on places to stay.
    Stayaway, you have been warned.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tonymd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

I just booked on expedia for 56$. two people ,all inclusive stay. going in march. I can not believe how cheap it is. Im guessing its safe to give expedia my cc #
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 214 Posts

Its the cheapest hotel for me too. I need to book with a travel agency, cause the flight is much cheaper.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ratt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,418 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    I just booked on expedia for 56$. two people ,all inclusive stay. going in march. I can not believe how cheap it is. Im guessing its safe to give expedia my cc #
    If it doesnt have to be the same two people every night - thats a nice deal!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thunderstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    Here is the thing, if you reserve over the phone they do NOT need a CC #, and they will hold your reservation just fine. When you arrive you pay CASH, and you are done.. I have done this several times now. So , If you dont show up, there is no penalty. If you book thru a third party like Expedia there are absolutely NO refunds, no way you gonna get out of paying it if you dont show up. They will take the full amount. Read the fine print and correct me if Im wrong..
    The hotel is not bad for what it is.. The view is spectacular, if you get an ocean view with a terrace.. Problem is, they promise you an ocean view, and as things go in the DR, they can just simply tell you when you arrive "oh , so sorry, the ocean views are all full".. and there is nothing you can do about it.
    The food is not bad, but i would no do the all inclusive, NOR the Breakfast only. And the chica policy is kind of luck of the draw. Sometimes you can walk thru the front and the chica leaves her ID (ive done that), sometimes its that side entrance. Its not consistent at all. The pools are nice. There were a bunch of German couples there last time i went , and they will look down their noses at you if you with a Dominicana, no matter how NON puta she is.
    Security is tighter than a frogs ass, they are watching all the time, which some people like. I highly doubt you would get anything stolen there.
    There are a lot of stairs to climb, and there IS an elevator, contrary to what someone posted, it goes right down to the pool area where the Towel Room is, but it doesnt really work well.. Some of the stair railings which are wood, are falling apart, and you can get a nasty splinter if you not careful..
    The onsite Dive shop is really nice, I think her name is Wanda or wendy ? shes really cool peeps and will help you out with snorkeling and diving.
    Noone ever tried to sell me timesharing, but I hear they do have that as an option in like blocks of 20 days for like $45 a day, not worth it IMO.
    I paid $50/ day couple weeks back , plus $3 a day for the safe LOCK and KEY. The place definitely needs some maintenance, but it has huge potential if they ever get it together. The other advantage is you are right at the end of the strip,but if you are driving, its tricky, u have to go straight on that Road where Baileys is towards Banco Popular go all the way to the end, then hang a Left. No other way by car. Did not have any trouble getting parking out front either, & ,its pretty safe.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 376 Posts

Amigos:

One word of warning about Sosua Bay. Do not book on Hotels.com if you want to bring in a guest. I have stayed there before and had no problems with it being chica friendly, but that is because I came in off the street and I told them upfront I wanted to bring in guests without being charged.

I was thinking about going there for my next trip, and wanted to use Hotels.com since I get a free night for every ten booked. It was listed for $50 a night. Just to be safe a wrote an email to the hotel asking about extra charges for the guest and they told me that I would not be guaranteed the chica friendly part of the hotel. Glad I didn't book it because I am sure they would have tried to get more pesos out of me when I showed up.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Revolutionrock77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 376 Posts

FYI:

Here is the response I got when I asked about chica friendly rooms at Sosua Bay when booking online with Hotels.com:

They wrote:

"The agreement that we have with HOTELS.com it's NOT INCLUDED THE FACILITIES
    FOR BULDING # 5 OR SOSUA BEACH CLUB... ( guest allowed )

SO IF YOU BOOKED THOUGHT HOTELS.com, you have not guaranty that you can get
    a room at building # 5. "

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Revolutionrock77 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I went in there recently to check the place out as I like the photos I've seen and I wanted to have lunch there.
    I was rudely accosted by the security gaurd.
    I do not look like a bum off the streets.
    I won't go there again, chica friendly or not.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Redline For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hmslen View Post
    I went in there recently to check the place out as I like the photos I've seen and I wanted to have lunch there.
    I was rudely accosted by the security gaurd.
    I do not look like a bum off the streets.
    I won't go there again, chica friendly or not.
    Was the food just for guests staying there and he thought you were trying to eat free or are they just not open for public lunch? Either way it sound ridiculous for security to roll up on a man just trying to enjoy a meal. Whatta dick of him.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Was the food just for guests staying there and he thought you were trying to eat free or are they just not open for public lunch? Either way it sound ridiculous for security to roll up on a man just trying to enjoy a meal. Whatta dick of him.
    I've said it before they have a serious problem with customer service, or should I say they have a problem with the monger.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tonymd For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonymd View Post
    I've said it before they have a serious problem with customer service, or should I say they have a problem with the monger.
    I was well dressed.
    He did not know if I was a monger or not.
    He had a piss poor attitude, rent a cop that could not make it as a real cop.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Redline For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,220 Times in 1,957 Posts

Thumbs Down Re: Sosua Bay Resort

stay away from this hotel we was kicjed out because of finnancial issues”

Reviewed March 24, 2012 NEW

I checked into the hotel to which i thought the bad reviews was overexaggerated as I am an easy to please person and was not expecting much for the price. After 3 days a letter was put under all the doors saying we had to vaccate the premises as they were closing and did not care we was left with no where else to go. they were unhelpful and it was a discrace we was given no notice at all....it was just a big shock. Even when the hotel was open the standards were really low every for 3* the food was unedibale and even the a la carte menus were disguishing! Even if this hotel reopens do not stay in this cannot be improved over night
    from trip adviser

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sosua Bay website is down. Sounds like it may be over for Sosua Bay. I Will miss it. I liked the ocean views.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Old school For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Old school View Post
    Sosua Bay website is down. Sounds like it may be over for Sosua Bay. I Will miss it. I liked the ocean views.
    I asked my amiga who works at Casa Marina if she knew why Sosua Bay closed. She said it was because of bad administration.

I told her the owner of Sosua Bay was also the same person that owned Classicos/Merengue club, but she said that he had rented out Sosua Bay to some else to run.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,905 Times in 283 Posts

One of my chicas from sosua told me over facebook that sosua bay has re-opened...can anyone confirm this?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peruchonyc View Post
    One of my chicas from sosua told me over facebook that sosua bay has re-opened...can anyone confirm this?

Dark as a mofo yesterday.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peruchonyc View Post
    I never understood why they closed it before semana santa, when alot of people head for the beaches for a couple of days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information