Thread: W-2 tax question

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

W-2 tax question

deleted
    Last edited by Gutter Meat; 02-21-2010 at 03:50 AM.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

Re: W-2 tax question

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    On my W-2 under #14 (other) it states LODI (line of duty injury) and there is an amount there which I'm trying to figure out what it represents. As civil service I know you normally don't pay taxes if the injury happened while at work. Is this firgure the taxes that I don't have to pay ?

Any accountants out there ?? jimmy dr ?
    call your accounting dept monday morning. they will have the best answer

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

Re: W-2 tax question

Google is your Friend ! ! !

W-2's and Your Line-of-Duty Injury Tax Deduction
    As you should be aware of, the Department now computes your line-of-duty medical leave days automatically and deducts the amount from your taxable income as per prior UFA contractual agreement. The LODI days are not calculated by TPR codes. They are calculated according to the official records of the Bureau of Health Services (BHS). It is not based upon a pure calendar year, but rather by the closest available payroll period. This year's W-2 reflects LODI dates of December 17, 2000 through December 15, 2001. The next Department Order should contain a full explanation of the W-2s and inquiry directions. Inquiries must be directed to Data Base Adminisration on a LODI Reconciliation Form, care of BHS - 2nd floor - 9 MetroTech Center, Bklyn 11201-3857. Use the FDNY forms provided by your unit.

Check Department Order on W-2's each year for the proper pay dates to use in calculating/verifying L.O.D.I.

Use the chart below to verify that the proper deduction has been made to your W-2. The next 65-2 Communication Bulletin will be our standard four page LODI tax deduction packet, which is not necessary to use if the Department has made the proper adjustment in the Miscellaneous Box of your W-2 form. Do Not Take Duplicate Deductions if your gross taxable wages have already been reduced by the'FDNY accordingly.

http://ufalocal94.org/cms/contents/view/1117#anchor%232
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the_Jayman For This Useful Post:

Thread Information