Thread: 03/2010 - Cool smaller (lesser frequented?) bars

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up 03/2010 - Cool smaller (lesser frequented?) bars

It's a no-brainer to go to Clasico's at night, El Flow whenever and Passions, of course, but what about after you've been to Passions in the afternoon, it's way too early for Clasico's and perhaps you're not in the mood for El flow....what to do, where to go?

Going East to West, heading back towards the centre of town:

1. Cuba Libre Bar, where Yayow's party was at. Fred, the owner, is a cool dude who has really outdone himself setting up his private club in the back and the street side bar is pretty cool too! It opens later in the day, after 6:00pm and closes when the last customer leaves. the girls are all cute, available within reason and we've had many pleasant evenings there.

P.S this Sunday starting at 2:00pm is a Pool Party! no cover, 55 peso Cuba Libres and FREE FOOD!!! (I've eaten Fred's bbq before and it's excellent!)

2. Coyote Bar...no, not "Wild Coyote" that burned down
    Opposite Ziolo Supermarcado on the way to Passions is a little, maybe 8 barstool, hole in the wall bar that is very reasonably priced for drinks and has some very nice and available chicas for a modest salida. The famous Audi works there as well as some other interesting señoritas
    it's all too often not very busy so when you and you buddies arrive on the scene all attention is focused on YOU! Perfect really

3. Sleazies...or whatever it's called now
    (I'll get the real/new name later and perhaps pix of all the bars from the street)
    Another small bar that can have some fine chicas working...and apparently available.
    Guy named Nelson is running it and our little "boy's night out" enjoyed a couple of beverages there recently.

4. VI VI Samba Bar. Located just East of the old Susana's restaurant location, across the street from Four Roses, more or less, at the corner of Pedro Clisante and Villas Ana Maria.

Excellent open air bar, with a pool table, good prices and attached cafeteria style restaurant and 4-6+ chicas, mostly available and for a modest salida. Many evenings and nights have been spent here...and a good time was had by all!
    Last edited by Apos; 03-12-2010 at 05:32 AM.
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Re: Cool smaller (lesser frequented?) bars

Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman View Post
    It's a no-brainer to go to Clasico's at night, El Flow whenever and Passions, of course, but what about after you've been to Passions in the afternoon, it's way too early for Clasico's and perhaps you're not in the mood for El flow....what to do, where to go?

1. Cuba Libre Bar, where Yayow's party was at. Fred, the owner, is a cool dude who has really outdone himself setting up his private club in the back and the street side bar is pretty cool too! It opens later in the day, after 6:00pm and closes when the last customer leaves. the girls are all cute, available within reason and we've had many pleasant evenings there.

P.S this Sunday starting at 2:00pm is a Pool Party! no cover, 55 peso Cuba Libres and FREE FOOD!!! (I've eaten Fred's bbq before and it's excellent!)
    Click to see pic

Opposite Ziolo Supermarcado on the way to Passions is a little, maybe 8 barstool, hole in the wall bar that is very reasonably priced for drinks and has some very nice and available chicas for a modest salida. The famous Audi works there as well as some other interesting señoritas
    it's all too often not very busy so when you and you buddies arrive on the scene all attention is focused on YOU! Perfect really

(I'll get the real/new name later and perhaps pix of all the bars from the street)
    Another small bar that can have some fine chicas working...and apparently available.
    Guy named Nelson is running it and our little "boy's night out" enjoyed a couple of beverages there recently.

4. VI VI Samba Bar. Located just East of the old Susana's restaurant location, across the street from Four Roses, more or less, at the corner of Pedro Clisante and Villas Ana Maria.

Excellent open air bar, with a pool table, good prices and attached cafeteria style restaurant and 4-6+ chicas, mostly available and for a modest salida. Many evenings and nights have been spent here...and a good time was had by all!
    Coyote is a good quick stop but it get really hot in there with no ceiling fan and a 3 wall box so small it heats up easy. Getting the key to the toilet outside in the hall to the building next door where there is always people lurking doesn't add to the atmosphere.

What is with these Sosua bathrooms with no soap or paper towals?

I enjoy at least one stop a day at Coyote to see who is there

The spinner Audi

Also please don't forget the other bar that got jumped over from Passions to Coyote. That would be Andy's next to the PassionBurger chicken shack right by LP. Much cheaper beer and drinks in there than Coyote or many others. 50-60 peso beers and Rum drinks same price.
    Just Doing It

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

When I want to get away from the crowd I just go to Bar Rubi across from Rocky's.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    When I want to get away from the crowd I just go to Bar Rubi across from Rocky's.

I have had many good times at Bar Rubi. Never many gringos so you always get allot of attention.

I grabbed this one out of there last trip.

If she is alive, she will fuck.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,118 Times in 3,985 Posts

my buddy from germany likes bar rubi. i didnt care much for it when i went in on the last trip.

this trip, i never stopped in there, but the girls working there would always say hi, as they were usually stopping over at rockies as well.

a few of them stopped over for my birthday party at rockies.

so for the rest of the trip, they would say happy birthday to me.

but everytime i was passing them, i was usually already on a mission.

i tried to stop into coyote bar one night .. i think it was a tuesday night before all the rest of the guys got in. and to be honest i kept right on walking. not alot of things scare me or make me nervous. but THAT place, made me fear for my life.

the bar was packed, and spilling out onto the street. nothing but locals. not a single gringo. and it was late at night. i was walking down towards passions. i'll be honest. i crossed the street, and kept walking.

later in the trip it was never that full again. but we never stopped in.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to naptime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post
    my buddy from germany likes bar rubi. i didnt care much for it when i went in on the last trip.

this trip, i never stopped in there, but the girls working there would always say hi, as they were usually stopping over at rockies as well.

a few of them stopped over for my birthday party at rockies.

so for the rest of the trip, they would say happy birthday to me.

but everytime i was passing them, i was usually already on a mission.

i tried to stop into coyote bar one night .. i think it was a tuesday night before all the rest of the guys got in. and to be honest i kept right on walking. not alot of things scare me or make me nervous. but THAT place, made me fear for my life.

the bar was packed, and spilling out onto the street. nothing but locals. not a single gringo. and it was late at night. i was walking down towards passions. i'll be honest. i crossed the street, and kept walking.

later in the trip it was never that full again. but we never stopped in.
    Many of those locals work at the small hotels nearby as maintenance or security and go in and out like from Piero where I get a place sometimes.

I felt the same way at first kind of ominous especially when there are no open chairs but actually very harmless place. In fact sometimes the guys sitting in there are motos from out front there that hang around the Colmado/Mercado across the street and will get up if you come in.

The girls know they aren't getting any money from them so they must know to make space or do it out of courtesy for a taste later.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,163 Times in 5,856 Posts

‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post

Click to see pic

OMG! A blast from the past. Reading this and looking at at the pic of an ad of a pool party at Fred’s Cuba Libre Bar has me reminiscing of the good ol days. How much has changed. Changed for the worst. Man, if I could have a time machine and go back to enjoy.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    OMG! A blast from the past. Reading this and looking at at the pic of an ad of a pool party at Fred’s Cuba Libre Bar has me reminiscing of the good ol days. How much has changed. Changed for the worst. Man, if I could have a time machine and go back to enjoy.

The good ole days

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: 03/2010 - Cool smaller (lesser frequented?) bars

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post

Click to see pic

11 years ago, sure!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,163 Times in 5,856 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    11 years ago, sure!
    Nothing on the above lists has survived.

We need a new full Sosua's venue list, any takers to compile?

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    The good ole days
    Yup the good ole days. When Sosua was hands down the best mongering spot in the Western Hemisphere.
    so many choices. From large venue Classico/Merengue, Sosua Life/Latinos, SeaCrets to small venue, Four Roses, Dominos, Andy’s, Cuba Libre Bar. And of course Passions and the various massage/BJ spots, the beach.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    Yup the good ole days. When Sosua was hands down the best mongering spot in the Western Hemisphere.
    so many choices. From large venue Classico/Merengue, Sosua Life/Latinos, SeaCrets to small venue, Four Roses, Dominos, Andy’s, Cuba Libre Bar. And of course Passions and the various massage/BJ spots, the beach.

Before that when POP was wide open was even better.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Do you guys know Greg? He runs the Flip Flop Bar in Sosua. Really good dude, he actually came down for my Carribbean Conquest Conference and spoke about running your own business here. His bar is right off the beach, he's known for his hot wings. American that tries to help guys that come out there, especially first timers.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doobieman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doobieman View Post
    Do you guys know Greg? He runs the Flip Flop Bar in Sosua. Really good dude, he actually came down for my Carribbean Conquest Conference and spoke about running your own business here. His bar is right off the beach, he's known for his hot wings. American that tries to help guys that come out there, especially first timers.

Yes many of us know Greg and many have been to his bar for wings and cold beer and such

He used to be active on this board at one time

Think he went by the VPCHILL or El-Rey handle
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information