Thread: Canoa is back in business

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

Canoa is back in business

Suppose to have a new owner, new bar and seating area. There is also a dance floor and a stage where a band plays every Saturday evening. It's a real Dominican disco, where all the locals hang out at the weekend. There's no disco music, so if you want to hear that 'boom, boom..' music then you'd better go to d'Classico or d'Latino discos. In Canoa they only play meringue, bachata, salsa and reggaeton music. The beer prices are also at Dominican level. A large bottle of beer only costs 80 pesos, compared to a small bottle in d'Classico which will set you back 90 pesos! There is also a bar with kitchen, where you can eat Dominican food (yuca, platanos and chicken) all evening.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    I like it there. Drink beer, dance the merengue/bachata and play pool. The girls like it here, but you have to bring one with you. I don't believe any girls hang here waiting to be picked up.

Thanks
    Good place to try out on my next trip. Thanks for the info. Where is it located?

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vak
    I like it there. Drink beer, dance the merengue/bachata and play pool. The girls like it here, but you have to bring one with you. I don't believe any girls hang here waiting to be picked up.
    thats true... I went there on my last night of my last trip... Went with my boy, our novias, and my buddy Danny the dominican Pimp that owns the first gift shop on the beach... there werent many single girls there... I bought that is where i learned it is much smarter to buy brugal bottles rather then cuba libre after cuba libre.... A Very dominican spot... Its located on Alejo Martinez... or whatever that street is called... Near Sosua Sol houses
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas
    thats true... I went there on my last night of my last trip... Went with my boy, our novias, and my buddy Danny the dominican Pimp that owns the first gift shop on the beach... there werent many single girls there... I bought that is where i learned it is much smarter to buy brugal bottles rather then cuba libre after cuba libre.... A Very dominican spot... Its located on Alejo Martinez... or whatever that street is called... Near Sosua Sol houses
    it's right on a corner correct?
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

Thanks
    yeah ... theres usually motoconches parked out front and the food counter is right at the enterance...Its across the street from an open field

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts
    yeah ... theres usually motoconches parked out front and the food counter is right at the enterance...Its across the street from an open field
    that's the place, great on the weekends but very loud!

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman
    that's the place, great on the weekends but very loud!

If only there were places like this.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,519 Posts

Is bringing a chica to the club a requirement? I mean I have no problem with it just curious
    If God didn't want me to sin he wouldn't have given me a penis...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts
    I was there last trip (Feb/March 2005).. it's a real Dominican Tipico.. with a pool area as well.. lots of Dominican couples older and younger... there was also a group of tourists that was brought there by a Dominican guide.. great fun to watch..

We went with two couples.. GDogg and his notaputa and me and my gf.. lots of nice dancing.. had the floor to myself when they played salsa (I just love Marc Anthony).. because most Dominicans don't dance salsa to well..

It's an ok place if you like tipico's but POP has much better action spots!

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts
    It's a good change of pace from a packed Classico. Plus, some chicas don't like clubbing. This was a good place to relax and dance. They also serve food. It looked pretty good, but we had just eaten so we didn't partake. Great date spot!

Thanks
    well that's another one i have to put on the list

Thanks
    this is the place i went with my dominican friend and he loves it... he introduced me to cuba libres by the bottle here... for under 200 pesos i think... i bought a small bottle of brugal and it came with 2 bottles of coke... much cheaper hen buying cuba libres by the glass... the back of the place had a few pool tables as well...its a nice place to bring a girl so you dont see the whores u were fuckin earlier in the day

Thread Information