Thread: San Francisco de Macoris

Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,649 Posts

San Francisco de Macoris

Has anybody ever been to S.F. de Macoris and if so did you spend the night there. I am told there are a few hotels and cabanas there. Also just trying to find general information about the town. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

Re: San Francisco de Macoris

I was only there once many years ago and did not stay the night. There was a pretty mello bar that was a local hangout called buffalo. To this day when I meet people from SFM they freak when I tell them I have been to buffalo.

I drove back from SFM to Coyui at night. . . .that was just plain nuts, but we did stop at a strip club outside of SFM on the way back. Looked like a cool place.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,057 Posts

SFM's pretty kool..

You could hang there for a day & and a night and have yourself a good time, specially if you speak a bit of the lingo.
    If it were me, just looking to go somewhere less touristy, trying to meet better quality chicas, I would go to Nagua.
    Not only are there tons of beauties, but they congregate in the evenings, specially weekends, in the central park, and you have the advantage of being next to the ocean, so you have something to do during the daytime, and it's easier to stay cool.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rocky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: SFM's pretty kool..

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    You could hang there for a day & and a night and have yourself a good time, specially if you speak a bit of the lingo.
    If it were me, just looking to go somewhere less touristy, trying to meet better quality chicas, I would go to Nagua.
    Not only are there tons of beauties, but they congregate in the evenings, specially weekends, in the central park, and you have the advantage of being next to the ocean, so you have something to do during the daytime, and it's easier to stay cool.
    Thanks Rocky, the problem is i have to go to Pimentel ( 4 towns past SFM ) to meet up with my not a puta. She goes to school in SFM and knows the town but am also trying to find out for myself what to expect since it is far from a gringo tourist attraction. I did plan on going on to either Jarabacaoa or Nagua depending on the weather after a night in SFM. I am sure there are no hotels in Pimentel so i planned on SFM for the night for it is the closest town with cabanas or hotels. I have heard different reports about the town but all were second hand reports. I guess i will do a search on DR1 and see what pops up.

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Gutta has a girlfriend...gutta has a girlfriend!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg
    Gutta has a girlfriend...gutta has a girlfriend!!!
    If she passes the Lawyer exam i should be able to get my cedula at cost. But i am torn between the calling of the putas or an educated chica that serves me coffee in bed. Only time will tell.

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

You can have both...if you have doubts, get some tips from moshy2k!!

Thanks

Now that is good news. I have been wanting to go to Samana with a chica, now I will stop over in Nagua.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guttaman
    Thanks Rocky, the problem is i have to go to Pimentel ( 4 towns past SFM ) to meet up with my not a puta. She goes to school in SFM and knows the town but am also trying to find out for myself what to expect since it is far from a gringo tourist attraction. I did plan on going on to either Jarabacaoa or Nagua depending on the weather after a night in SFM. I am sure there are no hotels in Pimentel so i planned on SFM for the night for it is the closest town with cabanas or hotels. I have heard different reports about the town but all were second hand reports. I guess i will do a search on DR1 and see what pops up.
    I think the town's pretty kool, but could be a bit boring if chica hunting is eliminated as an activity, seeing as how you will be on a leash while you are there.
    They do have those motoconchos with a type of cart in the back, a 3 wheeler job, and touring around in them is a lot kooler than on the back of a conventional concho.
    I just don't know what to suggest to do with your spare time.
    Take the beach & chicas away, and no home creature comforts, like your PC and giant screen TV, and there's not all that much left to do there.
    Jarabacoa and/or Nagua have more to offer, IMHO.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guttaman
    Has anybody ever been to S.F. de Macoris and if so did you spend the night there. I am told there are a few hotels and cabanas there. Also just trying to find general information about the town. Thanks in advance for any help.
    I have been told that is where most of the "cartel" lives in the DR by several people but overall it's safe, just don't piss off the wrong person.
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vak
    Now that is good news. I have been wanting to go to Samana with a chica, now I will stop over in Nagua.
    I haven't seen the central park at night during the week, but I couldn't believe how packed it was on a Sunday night.
    The friend I was with, was born there, and she told me that it was always busy on the weekend, so that may mean it's dead on weeknights.
    There were a lot of cops there and she also mentioned that they were there to assure good security for tourists.
    I don't know how many tourists they get out that way, but it's nice to know that you can walk around there in total comfort & security.
    The center of town is approx 1 mile from beach access, and it's one of these coconut tree lined type beaches that goes on forever.
    There were a few hotels around, but we opted for a cabana, which cost only 600 pesos ($18 US) for the entire night, 300 pesos for short term,
    Not a bad deal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas
    I have been told that is where most of the "cartel" lives in the DR by several people but overall it's safe, just don't piss off the wrong person.
    I do believe that would be San Pedro De Macoris.
    If there is some mafia stuff in SFM, I have never heard of it, but certainly have been told that SPDM is the drug capital of the DR.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

I do believe that would be San Pedro De Macoris.
    If there is some mafia stuff in SFM, I have never heard of it, but certainly have been told that SPDM is the drug capital of the DR.
    I could have sworn it was San Francisco with all the nice houses, but I could be wrong you do live there. Also I though San Pedro was where the baseball camps are.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Well i know for a fact that during the 80's crack era in New York, all of the big time Dominican drug dealers bought houses there!

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

I heard that Nagua is definitely a place you want to check out!

Thanks

I could have sworn it was San Francisco with all the nice houses, but I could be wrong you do live there. Also I though San Pedro was where the baseball camps are.
    I am no expert on the matter. I'll tell you what has been told to me by friends who live in San Pedro.
    They tell me this is the port where all the drugs come in to the country, with most of it just moving onto other destinations.
    Other than that, I know nothing.
    I assumed that you had just confused the two names, because of the "Macoris".
    And you are correct that they have a huge baseball institute just a bit North of San Pedro, heading towards Hato Mayor.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 931 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches
    Well i know for a fact that during the 80's crack era in New York, all of the big time Dominican drug dealers bought houses there!
    I was told the same thing by a few of the locals that reside in NY now. But they do say that SF is a place to check, especially the houses.

Thread Information