Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time here....picking up regular girls

Thanks

First time here....picking up regular girls

Hey Guys,

I will be traveling to Santiago in last week of April. I want to find out couple of things and I am sure you can help me out.

1) I want to pick up DR chicks. What's the deal here? Just go up to a girl and be completely direct ? E.g. Hey- I think you are pretty and that dress looks great on you ? And some banter after?

2) I don't speak Spanish but dance a little bachata. I do know some basic words and other stuff I can learn (basic lines).

3) I like girls with light skin and dark hair. Is Santiago is the the best place to meet them ? I am there for business.

4) Is it a good idea to do some leg work online(miGente, Amigos, latinaAffair or DominicanSenorita ) before I go there ?

5) How about date tours ?

Thanks a lot for your help - I really appreciate it!

BTW: I am american but have dark brown (dark italian) skin - almost look like DR guys. For the mongering - it's not a big deal but I just like the conquest.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Re: First time here....picking up regular girls

Quote Originally Posted by life View Post
    Hey Guys,

I will be traveling to Santiago in last week of April. I want to find out couple of things and I am sure you can help me out.

1) I want to pick up DR chicks. What's the deal here? Just go up to a girl and be completely direct ? E.g. Hey- I think you are pretty and that dress looks great on you ? And some banter after?

2) I don't speak Spanish but dance a little bachata. I do know some basic words and other stuff I can learn (basic lines).

3) I like girls with light skin and dark hair. Is Santiago is the the best place to meet them ? I am there for business.

4) Is it a good idea to do some leg work online(miGente, Amigos, latinaAffair or DominicanSenorita ) before I go there ?

5) How about date tours ?

Thanks a lot for your help - I really appreciate it!

BTW: I am american but have dark brown (dark italian) skin - almost look like DR guys. For the mongering - it's not a big deal but I just like the conquest.
    not to be rude BUT.......since you joined the site 10 months ago and just made your first post....thats ok btw......i would have thought you would have been able by now to have gotten most of the questions awnsered by reading the numerous threads..........also in case you didn't notice we have a newbie section now where the guys that have time and patience will gladly help those that have also helped them selfs. make some posts and enjoy our site.
    Last edited by whynotme; 03-26-2010 at 06:36 PM.
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 1,165 Posts

I don't speak Spanish
    Are you handsome and/or rich?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    not to be rude BUT.......since you joined the site 10 months ago and just made your first post....thats ok btw......i would have thought you would have been able by now to have gotten most of the questions awnsered by reading the numerous threads..........also in case you didn't notice we have a newbie section now
    Fair enough....I did go through some they all seem targeted for P4P. No big deal...I am sure members here are also picking up girls

6. The Following User Says Thank You to life For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Fair enough....I did go through some they all seem targeted for P4P. No big deal...I am sure members here are also picking up girls
    a few do..........but the ones i know are all p4p type guys

we were young once and had lots of game but no money

now we are old and have some money but no game

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Si_Poppi View Post
    Are you handsome and/or rich?
    LOL...I think I am very handsome. Dark skin - Van Diesel ?

Money is not a problem.....I do like the quality. If I go for P4P, I want the high end. I am a photographer and traveling for a shoot. Beauty IS common in my business.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

I have been to Santiago 3xs since Xmas. Depends what your standards are. I chase after the model type and I am not. Don't know where you are staying .Santiago certainly isn't Sosua but the mediocre looking ones you probably won't have any trouble.If you dance hang out at Allegro's on friday night it is on the hill up from Ahi Bar.Thats directly west of the monument if you dont know which way that is look at the monument at the top of it it's facing west the direction you need to go one full block. Saturday and Sunday same thing pretty much but Ahi Kareoke is Sunday get there early or won't have place to sit.

You already answered one of my questions pay 4 play if you get bored go to Passions out on way to Airport turn north at power sub station about a block.Go there midnight or so.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks

a few do..........but the ones i know are all p4p type guys

we were young once and had lots of game but no money

now we are old and have some money but no game
    Sense of humor....I like that. There is no better friend.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to life For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 8orBetter View Post
    I have been to Santiago 3xs since Xmas. Depends what your standards are. I chase after the model type and I am not. Don't know where you are staying .Santiago certainly isn't Sosua but the mediocre looking ones you probably won't have any trouble.If you dance hang out at Allegro's on friday night it is on the hill up from Ahi Bar.Thats directly west of the monument if you dont know which way that is look at the monument at the top of it it's facing west the direction you need to go one full block. Saturday and Sunday same thing pretty much but Ahi Kareoke is Sunday get there early or won't have place to sit.

You already answered one of my questions pay 4 play if you get bored go to Passions out on way to Airport turn north at power sub station about a block.Go there midnight or so.
    Awesome...this is what I was looking for. I have decent budget for the shoot so may end up getting a villa for a week. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Two things:

1. Santiago is not a tourist town. Therefore, most service providers will not speak English. You will be severely hampered if you don't speak at least basic Spanish. You'll need it just to get around the city, let alone approach chicas.

2. Because Santiago is a regular city that doesn't have much of a tourist industry, most regular non-working chicas aren't going to be falling all over themselves to hang out with a weekend tourist. In fact, standing out too much as a gringo can actually work against you with the ladies. Because a girl seen hanging out with a gringo will sometimes automatically be presumed to be a puta.

Having said all of that, it's a lot easier to meet non-pros in Santiago if you speak spanish. And there are a few spots where a gringo can do well. But to do well with the non-pros in Santiago, you need Spanish and time. You won't score with very many if you're only in town for a few days.

Read the Santiago section of this board. There's some good info there.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

LOL...I think I am very handsome. Dark skin - Van Diesel ?

Money is not a problem.....I do like the quality. If I go for P4P, I want the high end. I am a photographer and traveling for a shoot. Beauty IS common in my business.
    i have a daughter.........heading to afganistan on her first over seas mission thats looking for a new hubby before she goes and you just met all her criteria

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

Almirante Hotel is very nice. Down in el Centro is Hodelpa and Hotel Del Sol where I stay.Its about 7 or 8 minute walk to discos and Monument Hotel girl friendly no questions asked but that is for all of them no problems with guests.

Here is pic of Alegro's if you can get chair by the road buy girls beer and smile you will be ok. LOL
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 436 Posts

speaking Spanish is as important as money or looks in Santiago. you need to have some basic skills. Dont speak about Sosua either if you cant talk your way out of it. to them Sosua is puta city, ive mentioned it, but just say i like the beach. Santiago has reputation for lighter skinned girls but i see it more as not to many Hatians. There are a lot of women there but the percentage that would be receptive to a gringo is definitely less as DCIronman already stated as he mentioned about the Spanish. However if you dress nicely, have manners and smile you will probably meet a nice girl. The reason i say smile is because the ones that smile back are the ones you can probably approach. from what you say about yourself if you had spanish skills you would be marrying this mayors daughter. try joining hi5 and tagged and you can meet some girls before you go. i found chatting with an online translator taught me a bit more spanish (freetranslation.com). 8orBetter's advice advice is really good too. good luck.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swiggy View Post
    speaking Spanish is as important as money or looks in Santiago. you need to have some basic skills. Dont speak about Sosua either if you cant talk your way out of it. to them Sosua is puta city, ive mentioned it, but just say i like the beach. Santiago has reputation for lighter skinned girls but i see it more as not to many Hatians. There are a lot of women there but the percentage that would be receptive to a gringo is definitely less as DCIronman already stated as he mentioned about the Spanish. However if you dress nicely, have manners and smile you will probably meet a nice girl. The reason i say smile is because the ones that smile back are the ones you can probably approach. from what you say about yourself if you had spanish skills you would be marrying this mayors daughter. try joining hi5 and tagged and you can meet some girls before you go. i found chatting with an online translator taught me a bit more spanish (freetranslation.com). 8orBetter's advice advice is really good too. good luck.
    Cool...I am going through some Spanish right now. I got good game but you are right no spanish would be a big handicap. You guys are super helpful...Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,287 Times in 716 Posts

I've been to STI a couple dozen times, and IMHO, without good Spanish, you'll be spinning your wheels. I have found the women to be very friendly and approachable. And I am old and not rich. But I speak the language pretty well. I've met Santigueras in supermarkets, malls, restaurants and bars; everywhere. But it seemed to me that they few who spoke English (apart from the chicas) were educated and/or upper class and had no desire for a gringo. Nonetheless, it's a great city and the women live up to their reputation for beauty.
    Ah but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now!

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KoKi9290 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i have a daughter.........heading to afganistan on her first over seas mission thats looking for a new hubby before she goes and you just met all her criteria
    I am in Chicago. Come from a old royal family. Been in bare knuckle fights (few scars), don't drink or smoke but I am always a good company. I never leave my friends behind and live in a great place with real fireplace.

I like girls who are feminine and loving, always carry smile, can be frugal without being cheap and love entertaining friends.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to life For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KoKi9290 View Post
    I've been to STI a couple dozen times, and IMHO, without good Spanish, you'll be spinning your wheels. I have found the women to be very friendly and approachable. And I am old and not rich. But I speak the language pretty well. I've met Santigueras in supermarkets, malls, restaurants and bars; everywhere. But it seemed to me that they few who spoke English (apart from the chicas) were educated and/or upper class and had no desire for a gringo. Nonetheless, it's a great city and the women live up to their reputation for beauty.
    Any suggestions to make the odds any better ? Is there anything like bottle service to stand out in the crowd ? What's the best way to get access into upper class ? There is a possibility that I will be traveling there couple of times a year.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

if you don't speak any Spanish you be better off mongering in an English speaking country like Jamaica etc etc etc......
    it will make it a lot easier for you........till you learn some Spanish

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Any suggestions to make the odds any better ? Is there anything like bottle service to stand out in the crowd ? What's the best way to get access into upper class ? There is a possibility that I will be traveling there couple of times a year.
    I believe that it's kinda hard to get access into the upper class. They pretty much keep to themselves. One of the things you'll learn about the DR in general is that they are extremely class conscious. The rich date and marry into other rich families. And they keep their daughters very close. Unless you're independently wealthy, you can probably forget about mingling with them.

But why would you want to, unless your intentions go beyond romance. Beautiful dominicanas exist in all levels of dominican society.

If you're going to be traveling there on business a few times a year, you may have an advantage, as compared to a simple weekend tourist. If you have dominican business contacts, use them to gain access to Santiago's social scene. Make friends with some dominican men. One of the finest Santiaguerras I ever dated was introduced to me by a dominican buddy of mine. That's probably one of the best and easiest ways to meet decent non-pros. And once you are known to be something more than just a gringo visitor who visits infrequently, people will start introducing you to their female friends. Who, in turn, will introduce you to their friends.

But first and foremost, work on your spanish.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

It will be difficult without living there. A gringo won't have access to the upper class going just a couple times a year. You need to be invited in by someone they know and trust. Your best bet is to already be close friends with someone already friendly with the "upper class". Do you know someone in Chicago like that? That would be your best bet. Knowledge of Spanish would be a necessity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information