Thread: KMA Apartment Hotel

Thanks

KMA Apartment Hotel

If you are looking for another hotel / apartment option in Puerto Plata. I stayed before at the KMA (http://www.kmahotel.com/). It's really a furnished apartments so you get more space depending on the apartment configuration you choose. Each room has high speed internet, as long as you bring your laptop it is free but they have a rental option if you want to rent their computer. Pool onsite, it's secure, clean, housekeeping, decent hot water and pressure, A/C in the bedroom only. Some restaurant but I never used it so I can't comment on it. It is conveniently located near Jose Luis Grocery store, gas station, restaurant, etc. About 10-15 minutes from the Malecon.

I choose a middle class room (essential a one bedroom with living room, dinning area, kitchen, & bathroom) for about $250/week a few months ago. Now they have two types of prices. Dominican and gringo price. The way to pay Dominican price is either to speak very good Spanish and act like you belong or have a Dominican you know and trust reserve the apartment for you.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lopkx For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: KMA Apartment Hotel

I found the hotel's website, but I can't find it's location. Is it in Costambar? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

7 Calle Italia 2, Los Reyes, Puerto Plata
    Quote Originally Posted by islandguy72 View Post
    I found the hotel's website, but I can't find it's location. Is it in Costambar? Thanks.

For further information , or to make
    Reservations. Please Call
    1(809)244-4237
    1(809)261-4231
    1(809)843-8507
    1(914)497-7630 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1(914)497-7630 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    or send us an email at
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lopkx View Post
    If you are looking for another hotel / apartment option in Puerto Plata. I stayed before at the KMA (http://www.kmahotel.com/). It's really a furnished apartments so you get more space depending on the apartment configuration you choose. Each room has high speed internet, as long as you bring your laptop it is free but they have a rental option if you want to rent their computer. Pool onsite, it's secure, clean, housekeeping, decent hot water and pressure, A/C in the bedroom only. Some restaurant but I never used it so I can't comment on it. It is conveniently located near Jose Luis Grocery store, gas station, restaurant, etc. About 10-15 minutes from the Malecon.

I choose a middle class room (essential a one bedroom with living room, dinning area, kitchen, & bathroom) for about $250/week a few months ago. Now they have two types of prices. Dominican and gringo price. The way to pay Dominican price is either to speak very good Spanish and act like you belong or have a Dominican you know and trust reserve the apartment for you.
    I stayed here recently. For the most part, the above description of the hotel is accurate. I would just add a few suggestions to make your trip more pleasurable. First, I would get a 1st floor room as the living room area gets extremely hot on the upper floors since there is no AC in that area. I had a second floor apt and it was pretty hot in the living area (fan only). I went to someones room on the first floor and you can feel the difference. Also, I had low pressure in my bathroom. Next time, I would invest in a low pressure showerhead so I can have an enjoyable shower. Im sure you can find one at a reasonable price at your local hardware store. Other than that, the apts are very chica friendly. As noted before, it is not walking distance to the beaches or most of the nightlife. So if you are going to be doing that regularly, make sure you have transportation lined up before you go. When I go back to POP, I would definitely stay there again. I will be better prepared next time. Happy mongering fellas!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Urinal Mints For This Useful Post:

Thread Information