Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacationer says she was drugged, raped in Dominican

Thanks
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 734 Posts

Vacationer says she was drugged, raped in Dominican

http://www.torontosun.com/news/colum.../13517826.html

Karen finally woke up naked and drugged in a strange room in the Dominican Republic, with three of her kidnappers asleep nearby.

As quietly as she could, she found her clothes and ran for her life.

The 38-year-old Mississauga waitress had gone on holiday to an all-inclusive Dominican Republic resort, looking for some fun and sun and a chance to get away from her problems. Instead, she says she was kidnapped from a bar in Puerto Plata, drugged, robbed and raped on her last night in the country.

“I don’t want anybody to go through what I went through,” says Karen, explaining why she is coming forward. “People need to be told.”

She has just come from her appointment at Trillium Health Centre where she sees a sexual assault counsellor at least once a week since returning traumatized last month from her holiday. She is also on antiretroviral medication until bloodwork can confirm whether she contracted HIV or not from her attackers.

“I’m just really lucky to be alive,” says Karen, who doesn’t want her last name used.

On the last night of their trip, Karen and a male friend decided to go off the resort and into town. They figured they’d have some drinks, do some last-minute souvenir shopping and head back to pack for their noon flight the next day.

Karen insists that she made a point of dressing down that night so as not to draw attention, with a baggy shirt and cheap shell jewelry, but thinks it was in vain. “I’m bubbly, I’m white, I have big boobs,” she says with a shrug.

At one bar, she says her pal made the mistake of buying a drink for one of the local girls. When they went to leave, the girl’s friends demanded money from him for chatting her up. They ended up being chased out, she says, and they headed to another drinking hole down the street. Karen doesn’t know if what followed was in retaliation for the altercation or not related at all.

She’d gone to the bar’s small washroom, she says, when suddenly about eight local men pushed their way in.

“One of them stuck me with a needle in my right arm,” she recalls. “I head-butted one of them — I wasn’t going down without a fight.”

But she was no match for them. She says they dragged her out through a back door and put her on a motorcycle between two of the men.

That’s the last thing she remembers.

She woke up groggy in a bed without her clothes on, her arms bruised and a chunk of her hair cut from the back of her head. Her cheap jewelry was gone as was $100 US and the digital camera she’d had on her belt.

Once she snuck away from the village room, she ran screaming down the road until she hitched a ride with a local man who took her to a police station.

It’s a harrowing tale, but Karen admits she has no “paperwork” to back it up. She left the country without filing a police report. She says it was just hours until her flight and she was so anxious to get home that she refused to wait for an English-speaking officer to take her statement.

She also admits she should have been more wary. “I thought I was tough. I’ve travelled around the world by myself and I’ve been to Third World countries,” she says. “I was naive to go without researching anything. Most people just think holiday and fun in the sun.”

While there is no official warning against travelling to the Dominican, the Canadian government does advise tourists to “exercise a high degree of caution, due to a high crime rate.”

Last New Year’s Eve, a Quebec man was murdered in his hotel room during a robbery.

The Canadian website goes on to warn that crime in the Caribbean country has increased and that single women should be especially careful. “Incidents of assault, rape and sexual aggression against foreigners have been reported, including at beach resorts,” it says. “There have been reports of females being victimized with ‘date rape’ drugs.”

Those are clear cautions, but Karen believes travel agents also have a responsibility to warn their customers. “They need to tell people,” she insists. “You can’t pretend it’s Walt Disney World there. It’s not. They should be telling people it’s dangerous to leave the resort. I didn’t know any better.”

Read Mandel every Sunday, Thursday and Friday. michele.mandel@sunmedia.ca or 416-947-2231.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Re: Vacationer says she was drugged, raped in Dominican

What a crock of shit. Her story has more holes in it than a sieve. I hope she got fucked long and hard, and got put away wet.(that's what it sounds like)

I ran across another dumbbell chick at a bar once in Puerto Plata that was trying to shovel the same shit.

She was recounting how she had been raped and plundered the night before, only to realize a short while later that one of the guys that was drinking at the bar next to her was one of her "attackers". He was sitting there looking at her like she was crazy.

Unfortunately, she didn't remember being in the same bar the night before, drunker than shit, trying to find a dominican guy, because she "loves big dicks".

Even though she had been 'raped', by the end of the night, she was leaving with her 'attacker' yet again.

There's no mistaking stupidity.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    What a crock of shit. Her story has more holes in it than a sieve. I hope she got fucked long and hard, and got put away wet.(that's what it sounds like)

I ran across another dumbbell chick at a bar once in Puerto Plata that was trying to shovel the same shit.

She was recounting how she had been raped and plundered the night before, only to realize a short while later that one of the guys that was drinking at the bar next to her was one of her "attackers". He was sitting there looking at her like she was crazy.

Unfortunately, she didn't remember being in the same bar the night before, drunker than shit, trying to find a dominican guy, because she "loves big dicks".

Even though she had been 'raped', by the end of the night, she was leaving with her 'attacker' yet again.

There's no mistaking stupidity.
    i totally disagree with your interpretation of the story

while many female mongers do act like you say to me it appears even it she was looking for a ":big dick" she wasn't looking to get gang banged,drugged and rape.

the first thing she shoulda did was see the police and then get the fuck home ......which she did
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

What kind of "problems" was she getting away from?

Where was the "pal" when she got dragged out by "8 men!"? ?

All BS - she got drunk and went home with some sankie, got banged and robbed.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am trying to figure out what happen to the gentleman she was with. Didn't he know something when she did not come back from the ladies room? Or did he get the same treatment. A needle in the arm and gang raped by 8 men. I take her accusations very serious. But like everyone else, there are a lot of holes in it!
    Live & Let Live! And Always Remember To Drink & Fuck Wisely

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osanhopps For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    i totally disagree with your interpretation of the story

while many female mongers do act like you say to me it appears even it she was looking for a ":big dick" she wasn't looking to get gang banged,drugged and rape.

the first thing she shoulda did was see the police and then get the fuck home ......which she did

I was referring to two different girls. The one looking for a big schwantz was a few years ago. She didn't get drugged, she was just stupid drunk when she left with a couple of local guys we all knew. She was practically begging to get laid long and hard.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

Wow, maybe we should call this site misogynists are us!

I don't know if this woman's story is true or not, which puts me in the same boat as everyone else. I'm sure there are plenty of stories like this that turn out to be false, and plenty that are true. What some other woman did is totally meaningless.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

probably just poor writing, considering the source is the Toronto Sun. Not written by a reporter, but a columnist, so probably why many details are missing. Plus the woman goes to the SUn rather than other media outlets

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 893 Posts

I take this kind of thing very seriously but unless the journalist is leaving a lot of details out this story is just complete bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by gmalet View Post
    http://www.torontosun.com/news/colum.../13517826.html

Karen finally woke up naked and drugged in a strange room in the Dominican Republic, with three of her kidnappers asleep nearby.

As quietly as she could, she found her clothes and ran for her life.

The 38-year-old Mississauga waitress had gone on holiday to an all-inclusive Dominican Republic resort, [yellow]looking for some fun and sun and a chance to get away from her problems[/YELLOW]. Instead, she says she was kidnapped from a bar in Puerto Plata, drugged, robbed and raped on her last night in the country.

Red flag #1 What problems? Looking for fun?.......... This right here is to position her as an innocent victim.....propaganda.

“I don’t want anybody to go through what I went through,” says Karen, explaining why she is coming forward. “People need to be told.”

She has just come from her appointment at Trillium Health Centre where she sees a sexual assault counsellor at least once a week since returning traumatized last month from her holiday. She is also on antiretroviral medication until bloodwork can confirm whether she contracted HIV or not from her attackers.

“I’m just really lucky to be alive,” says Karen, who doesn’t want her last name used.

Red flag#2 If people need to be told why are the names of the bars missing? Why not make a police report, easy enough? Why not a last name...........if people need to know.......... if people do not need to know, no report and no names are usual.

On the last night of their trip, Karen and a male friend decided to go off the resort and into town. They figured they’d have some drinks, do some last-minute souvenir shopping and head back to pack for their noon flight the next day.

Karen insists that she made a point of dressing down that night so as not to draw attention, with a baggy shirt and cheap shell jewelry, but thinks it was in vain. “I’m bubbly, I’m white, I have big boobs,” she says with a shrug.

Red flag #3 This speaks volumes for itself.

At one bar, she says her pal made the mistake of buying a drink for one of the local girls. When they went to leave, the girl’s friends demanded money from him for chatting her up. They ended up being chased out,

Red flag #4
    How do you get chased out of a bar you are already leaving from?

she says, and they headed to another drinking hole down the street. Karen doesn’t know if what followed was in retaliation for the altercation or not related at all.

Red flag #5 The bars are never named, but if you have a problem at a place why leave and go right down the street? Why not go back to the resort and drink?

She’d gone to the bar’s small washroom, she says, when suddenly about eight local men pushed their way in.

Red Flag # 6 8 men bumrush a woman in a small washroom at a bar, her male companion does not see it, neither does anyone else? After they had words down the street they were not looking out in case the guy decided to walk down the street after them?

“One of them stuck me with a needle in my right arm,” she recalls. “I head-butted one of them — I wasn’t going down without a fight.”

But she was no match for them. She says they dragged her out through a back door and put her on a motorcycle between two of the men.

That’s the last thing she remembers.

She woke up groggy in a bed without her clothes on, her arms bruised and a chunk of her hair cut from the back of her head. Her cheap jewelry was gone as was $100 US and the digital camera she’d had on her belt.

Once she snuck away from the village room, she ran screaming down the road until she hitched a ride with a local man who took her to a police station.

It’s a harrowing tale, but Karen admits she has no “paperwork” to back it up. She left the country without filing a police report.

Red flag #7 But she stated she wants people to know about it, just not the police.

She says it was just hours until her flight and she was so anxious to get home that she refused to wait for an English-speaking officer to take her statement.

Red flag #7 Just a few hours until her flight? To long to wait for an officer? But again she wants people to know about this, just not the police. And what happened to her male friend? No missing persons report? No one told him 8 guys ran in on his friend and rushed her out the back?

She also admits she should have been more wary. “I thought I was tough. I’ve travelled around the world by myself and I’ve been to Third World countries,” she says. “I was naive to go without researching anything. Most people just think holiday and fun in the sun.”

Red flag #8 Yes most people do think it is fun in the sun, but she says she has traveled around the world, in 3rd world countries. What is there to research? Do not go to strange places in foreign countries, if she has traveled around the world in 3rd world countries then no research is needed to know this.

While there is no official warning against travelling to the Dominican, the Canadian government does advise tourists to “exercise a high degree of caution, due to a high crime rate.”

Last New Year’s Eve, a Quebec man was murdered in his hotel room during a robbery.

The Canadian website goes on to warn that crime in the Caribbean country has increased and that single women should be especially careful. “Incidents of assault, rape and sexual aggression against foreigners have been reported, including at beach resorts,” it says. “There have been reports of females being victimized with ‘date rape’ drugs.”

Those are clear cautions, but Karen believes travel agents also have a responsibility to warn their customers. “They need to tell people,” she insists. “You can’t pretend it’s Walt Disney World there. It’s not. They should be telling people it’s dangerous to leave the resort. I didn’t know any better.

Again if she has traveled around the world and knows the 3rd world, why does her travel agent need to be responsible for her, she already knows it is not Disney World........ then at the end she says I did not know any better

Read Mandel every Sunday, Thursday and Friday. michele.mandel@sunmedia.ca or 416-947-2231.

If this is for real, then my heart goes out to her, but the way the story is written, it contradicts itself in several places, and further convolutes the issues that it brings up. I know that rape victims a great deal of the time just want things to go away, but then they do not go the the local news paper and talk to a reporter to do a story on it.

I have a good idea why she did not wait for the police or contact a Consular officer form Canada in the DR to make an official report...... The same reason why the US Embassy does not like getting calls that start with " I was with this girl in Sosua........." or " I'm a 70 year old US citizen and my 18 year old Dominican wife has taken..........."
    Lecciones de la vida:

Si le das la mano te cojen el brazo entero
    Mas jala tiene un pelo de toto, que una junta de bueyes
    El día que la mierda tenga algún valor, los pobres nacerán sin culo
    Si la vida te da la espalda... Tócale el culo
    Amore de lejos, amor de pendejos

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Corrado For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 477 Posts

We all know on this board that it's possible to be drugged and kidnapped and be found in a hotel room....

But with all the dominican beauties why the hell raping a 38 years old bubbly white girl wearing a baggy shirt???

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomgueguen View Post
    We all know on this board that it's possible to be drugged and kidnapped and be found in a hotel room....

But with all the dominican beauties why the hell raping a 38 years old bubbly white girl wearing a baggy shirt???
    the same reason guys go there to fuck the dominican beauties and not so beautiful cuties.
    something different.....different strokes for different folks

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

Alot of Dominican guys like white meat.

I think her story is probably true.

She went out looking for dark meat and got more than one.

I just wonder is she would have not got robbed if she would have went to the cops ?

Most white women who travel to DR are way cheaper than any white man looking for a working girl.I have witnessed on more than one occasion in the DR a white woman throwing a sissy fit after the bar tab came.
    Last edited by Mr Hillbilly; 04-24-2010 at 03:18 PM.
    I am in love with Jimmydr. I want him to be mine forever!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

She ran down the road SCREAMING for thre police, but then NO mention is made of what happened next at the Police station. ??. thats kind of Important, since thats when she was the most vulnerable, and would have felt safe ONLY at a POLICE STATION.. Not wandering around in the streets. Thats where she completely lost me...
    and then the punchline... NO paperwork to back any of this up.. why ? At the very least you would wantsome documentation for insurance purposes back home.

I think the story is bullshit also.. too many holes in it.. I also dont believe the needle in the arm part, no details on WHAT drug she was injected with ?
    IMO, she got pissed at the "male friend" possibly even a "co worker" ??
    perhaps for chatting up the local girl which I think has more to the story btw, why would the locals get pissed and ask for money for chatting with her. ? and then perhaps she went out the back door to have a party of her own, Just smells like BS, so she can save Face with her friends and family back home ...

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,118 Times in 3,985 Posts

She is also on antiretroviral medication until bloodwork can confirm whether she contracted HIV or not from her attackers.

that was the first flag for me...

it doesnt take weeks to find out if you have contracted something. and i could be wrong, but i dont beleive doctors go around precribing meds for something you may very well not have...

i believe that something happened to her. but the story in and of itself, just smells like bullshit.

sounds to me like there is a LOT more to the story, that isnt being told. particularly in regards to the friend. and with her and her attackers.

im just not buying that EIGHT men bumrushed her in a small bathroom, and drugged her, and then threw her on a moto...

i dont know.. i wasnt there, so its just speculation of course..
    www.thatsafunnyshirt.com www.toledotees.com

27. The Following User Says Thank You to naptime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Red Flag # 6 8 men bumrush a woman in a small washroom at a bar, her male companion does not see it, neither does anyone else?

I don't see why the friend would have not went to the police the night she went missing!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 436 Posts

I have a hard time believing the whole thing. 8 guys bum rush the bathroom and poke her with a needle and she doesnt scream? i know the music is loud in most places but this would have been a huge commotion, someone would have seen. i mean how many guys could grab her to carry her out? one each arm , one each leg thats half of the eight. overkill for effect i would say. And dirtbag, rapist dominican barflies have a needle full of knockout drugs on them for special occasions? Too many holes in the story. sounds more like she got back to the hotel and didnt want to look like a total slut so she made it up. I mean its possible but i doubt it severely. Reading the whole story and knowing what i know about the place makes it sound way to planned for Dominican guys that would be hanging out in a place like that.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

DR1 went though this topic a few weeks back.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-st...-raped-dr.html

Thanks
    Thanked 3,012 Times in 800 Posts

Add me to the BULLSHIT list on this one...

...outside of no police report...the first thing that struck me was she waiting for paper work to come back on a HIV test.

There are now "instant tests" given at most free clinics that give you results in about an hour...more like 2 at the NYC clinics...and the tests are said to be 100% accurate. Of course in a case of rape one might want to get a more comprehensive test done as a safety check...but she could have had the possisbility of any STDs eliminated within 2 hour visit to any clinic first thing off the plane.

It's amazing in this age of "reality" TV and YOUTUBE what some will do to get their 15 minutes.

Life is not about weathering the storm; but rather knowing how to dance in the rain.

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

I don't buy it either. I believe she sobered up the next day and needed a story.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Story does seem a little far fetched, I mean even if there are a group of guys running around with a syringe full of medication looking for some drunk gringa to come along. I don't think there plans would end with her waking up and walking out of the house where they took her. I mean kidnapping, rape and robbery? Those are not charges that you sleep through. Now if she woke up in some ditch somewhere or laying on a beach with her pants around her ankles, I would be more inclined to believe her story.
    What's understood doesn't need to be said.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to jonblaze For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information