Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacationer says she was drugged, raped in Dominican

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

Re: Vacationer says she was drugged, raped in Dominican

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico View Post
    Wow, maybe we should call this site misogynists are us!

I don't know if this woman's story is true or not, which puts me in the same boat as everyone else. I'm sure there are plenty of stories like this that turn out to be false, and plenty that are true. What some other woman did is totally meaningless.

Nobody can claim to have a lock on what is and what is not the truth
    and I myself openly say this is somewhat a sensational story.

However we should not shut the door on the possibility that it is true.

Though not as sensational a story the following reports from Dominican Central shows that the necessary elements are definitely lurking on the island of Hispaniola and therefore at least the potential for such an incident is real.

15 year old French girl raped in Cabarete hotel

posted on: Apr 24 2010 10:47 by Royston.

A man was arrested by Cabarete police for allegedly raping a fifteen year-old French tourist.

The man was named as Freddy Cruz Zarzuela, aged 21, from of Rio San Juan.

The crime was reported by the girl’s father, Christopher Benoit, who is staying at the Hotel Viva Tangerine in Cabarete with his family. The child was examined by the local medical examiner, Freddy Salazar who confirmed that rape had been committed.

Cruz is an employee at the hotel and it is suggested he took advantage of his position there to commit the offence.

Haitian women in new danger from rapists warning

posted on: Feb 2 2010 12:54 by Royston.

Reports from police indicate that women and young girls are now being raped in makeshift camps set up in the capital after the disaster, camps that they now call home.

"With the blackout that's befallen the Haitian capital, bandits are taking advantage to harass and rape women and young girls under the tents," national police chief Mario Andresol said.

"We have more than 7,000 detainees in the streets who escaped from the National Penitentiary the evening of the earthquake...It took us five years to apprehend them. Today they are running wild."

With more than a million left homeless after the 7.0-magnitude earthquake, countless people are living in the capital's makeshift camps and susceptible to violence, particularly women and girls.

What's worse is that the quake has left the Haitian police depleted of its forces – 70 police officers are dead, nearly 500 are still missing, and another 400 are wounded – leaving fewer police officers to protect the most vulnerable survivors, women and girls.

So fearful of being attacked, women in some camps have taken matters into their own hands.

According to ActionAid women in one of the camps have organized a system where volunteers stand guard over the women and girls at night as they sleep. Then in the afternoons, police officer visit the camp so residents can report rapes.
    Myra De Bruijn of ActionAid in Haiti said: "Women are always in danger after natural disasters such as earthquakes and we are already hearing reports of rape. Currently these are isolated incidents but they highlight the fact that women are at risk and must be protected."
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
    Add me to the BULLSHIT list on this one...

...outside of no police report...the first thing that struck me was she waiting for paper work to come back on a HIV test.

There are now "instant tests" given at most free clinics that give you results in about an hour...more like 2 at the NYC clinics...and the tests are said to be 100% accurate. Of course in a case of rape one might want to get a more comprehensive test done as a safety check...but she could have had the possisbility of any STDs eliminated within 2 hour visit to any clinic first thing off the plane.

It's amazing in this age of "reality" TV and YOUTUBE what some will do to get their 15 minutes.
    You need to wait 3 weeks to know if you're infected by the HIV because it takes times to be detectable.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,012 Times in 800 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gmalet View Post

She has just come from her appointment at Trillium Health Centre where she sees a sexual assault counsellor at least once a week since returning traumatized last month from her holiday. She is also on antiretroviral medication until bloodwork can confirm whether she contracted HIV or not from her attackers.

“I’m just really lucky to be alive,” says Karen, who doesn’t want her last name used.

Read Mandel every Sunday, Thursday and Friday. michele.mandel@sunmedia.ca or 416-947-2231.
    Yes its true there is a wait time between possisble infection and reliable detection - but the article says she was attacked the month before...

...and how come she doesn't want her name used yet will pose for a picture - and how does she describe herself - buxom blond...this chick is crying for attention...

...absolutely no bearing nor resemblance on the victims in the refugee camps in Haiti.

Life is not about weathering the storm; but rather knowing how to dance in the rain.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,418 Times in 1,349 Posts

I too don’t believe this whole story – I “think” she was looking for a party which probably got out of hand.

That said – It does make me wonder how many Gringas get rapped by Dominican men – not those that are looking for “the big bamboo” – but those who do just want to go out and drink, dance, flirt – and perhaps in their own country they can leave it at that. But I do wonder how many times it goes further than intended.

We don’t just party on the Sosua strip and we both go looking for girls – but what if a Dominican guy got the wrong idea?

I must admit – it does make me consider our plans just perhaps a little more than we once would as to where we go, what we do and how drunk we get?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thunderstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 893 Posts

I have seen this many times in Myrtle Beach during both the major bike rallies. Dozens......... with a BIG S

A woman gets drunk

Parties hard

Finds a guy

Leaves her friends- or- Stays with her friends- They party together then leaves after the party is over

Fucks the shit out of him- With no rubber

Woman wakes up, realizes; "oh shit" - this guy is UGLY, has no money, the car/ bike is a rental

Has to save face with her friends

Calls the police, says non consensual sexual relations were forced upon her

Happily accepts the free "Day After STD Shots"

Says my name is "Trish" , phone number is- 555-555-1234

I want to go home now!

In all these cases (not real rapes);

They go back to his hotel- how easy is it to find him

He always has friends in the same suite- how easy is it to find a witness

This admittedly is not the exact same situation, it involves a foreign country......etc. but the frame work is all there................If this is real not only will I bite the bullet on this one....... I will chew the entire fucking bandoleer.
    Lecciones de la vida:

Si le das la mano te cojen el brazo entero
    Mas jala tiene un pelo de toto, que una junta de bueyes
    El día que la mierda tenga algún valor, los pobres nacerán sin culo
    Si la vida te da la espalda... Tócale el culo
    Amore de lejos, amor de pendejos

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corrado For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corrado View Post
    I have seen this many times in Myrtle Beach during both the major bike rallies. Dozens......... with a BIG S

A woman gets drunk

Parties hard

Finds a guy

Leaves her friends- or- Stays with her friends- They party together then leaves after the party is over

Fucks the shit out of him- With no rubber

Woman wakes up, realizes; "oh shit" - this guy is UGLY, has no money, the car/ bike is a rental

Has to save face with her friends

Calls the police, says non consensual sexual relations were forced upon her

Happily accepts the free "Day After STD Shots"

Says my name is "Trish" , phone number is- 555-555-1234

I want to go home now!

In all these cases (not real rapes);

They go back to his hotel- how easy is it to find him

He always has friends in the same suite- how easy is it to find a witness

This admittedly is not the exact same situation, it involves a foreign country......etc. but the frame work is all there................If this is real not only will I bite the bullet on this one....... I will chew the entire fucking bandoleer.
    The first girl is trailer trash. The 15 yr old? The jury is out on that one.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

Not Again
    I'm back... Heading Back To Green #TurnUpTime

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 893 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    The first girl is trailer trash. The 15 yr old? The jury is out on that one.
    Please don't think I was speaking of the 15 YO girl. I know there are many guys, in all countries that are just waiting for an opportunity to assault a young girl who has been left unattended for even a short time. This is quite common unfortunately, and completely in the realm of credibility.........

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corrado For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is her..
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FnB For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Part of the treatment a person receives after a possible contact with a HIV positive person is a AIDS cocktail that must be taken for 30 days, to knock out any possibility of infection or confirmation of neg status. It is not a pleasant thing to have to do, but is supposed to prevent infection from taking root

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ter319 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information