Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Re: Hotel / Condo suggestions please

New Garden rooms have a small fridge.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    At condos Dominicano? If that's what you were asking, yes.
    Pretty much all condos would have kitchens or kitchenettes.
    Some hotels have small fridges, although, not very common.
    Thanks Rocky , I was referring to the new garden hotel .

Thanks
    Thanked 5,772 Times in 2,479 Posts

The small fridge is nice, but during my stay in November, I plan to just use it for refreshments. All my meals will be at resteraunts. Breakfast every day at Rocky's.

Two months is a long time for a hotel room, but if your cool with that, stay at the New Garden. I'll be there in November of '06 and plan to be there for two weeks in Jan or Feb '07.

Me personally, if staying for two months, I'd probably opt for a condo, or at least a hotel that has a small living room area and kitchen. Let us know how you decide, and welcome to the board.
    All things considered, I'd rather be fucking.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SJG For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,057 Posts

For Aren

Whatever you decide, you certainly are welcome to use the free wifi here.
    We only have 2 rules.. No sound, as it could disturb others, so headphones would be handy, and no heavy downloads, as it would slow everybody else down.
    We have 1,500 kbps, but if 2 or 3 people were downloading music at the same time, the rest of us would slow down to a crawl.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rocky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

If you're staying at New Garden, Rocky's is about a 90 second walk down on the same side of the street.

Thanks

Hey Guy's,

This place looks good. What do you think the charge would be for the month of December? Could only see a few pictures of the rooms. Are they small? Do they have studio's?

How do they compare to say One Ocean or the Plams condos?

Also any recommondations on room(s)#'s to stay in? Is gound floor better than say a upper level room? Quite rooms away from the main drag?
    Room that is more private than other? A room that is more chica accessable with out 3rd degree from the gaurd?

Hows the water pressure and hydro situation? Think Jimmy said they have safe in each room. Anyone confirm?

Thanks,
    Look'in to book a room soon ;o)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

they definitely have a safe in each room I looked when JayJay showed me his room and Jimmy's room had one as well. The rooms looked nice 2 beds nice furniture and a nice bathroom.Good a/c and a small fridge. all you need. if you plan on cooking there was no kitchen.nice pool and hotel management were on hand but werent interruptive of anything at all (perfect they were there if you wanted to talk to them but they didnt bug me and I was just a visiting guest). I walked over and spoke to a Lorenzo who was the owner (manager) and he seemed like a nice guy.Im booking for September. Hope this place stays ISOC friendly because its a nice clean spot for a good price ina perfect location.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for all the info. But still no one confirmed if New Garden has internet for sure and if so (is it in the rooms), I wonder if it's close enough that they use Rocky's WiFi !!!???

For 2 months I guess I really need a small kitchenette or something. Does Club Residential have kitchenette and internet ?! (Although being down town and close to cheap food and clubs is a great advantage - so not top priority).

I never thought it'll be such hard work finding a place down town with internet, but I should decide and book something soon.

Thanks

I have a condo at Club Residencial and just installed WiFi. At this time it only reaches the front four buildings.... Bldg A , B , C and D of the apts facing the pool.

The monthly rents for the months of Dec thru April are high.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aren View Post
    Thanks for all the info. But still no one confirmed if New Garden has internet for sure and if so (is it in the rooms), I wonder if it's close enough that they use Rocky's WiFi !!!???

For 2 months I guess I really need a small kitchenette or something. Does Club Residential have kitchenette and internet ?! (Although being down town and close to cheap food and clubs is a great advantage - so not top priority).

I never thought it'll be such hard work finding a place down town with internet, but I should decide and book something soon.
    garden keti: i could only get the internet to work at my small table outside my room. i was on the bottom floor right pass reception.

i was able to get the room for 30 but a friend of the owner brought me over so that was probably why.

i asked him about long-term and he wouldnt budge so 900 per month

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainman For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information