Thread: I Need help from NYC members

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

I Need help from NYC members

If I had a Sunday flight from POP to JFK that landed at 3:00 PM and had a connecting flight to Canada from EWR at 5:50 PM, is that enough time to get to the other airport and make my flight. Also, how would I get from JFK to EWR quickly - cab, bus, shuttle, subway, train, ect. Also what would the approximate cost be? Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

Re: I Need help from NYC members

On a Sunday at 3:00 P.M. I would think you would need to leave yourself at least 2 hours to be sure to get from J.F.K. to E.W.R. via a $60 + cab ride and since the airport recommends checking in at minimal 2 hours before I would say the deck is stacked against this plan especially considering the time it would take to collect your bags from J.F.K.
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,539 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    If I had a Sunday flight from POP to JFK that landed at 3:00 PM and had a connecting flight to Canada from EWR at 5:50 PM, is that enough time to get to the other airport and make my flight. Also, how would I get from JFK to EWR quickly - cab, bus, shuttle, subway, train, ect. Also what would the approximate cost be? Thanks.
    You would be cutting it very close because of the following: The amount of time it would take to go "thru" Immigration and Customs, the amount of time it would take to retrieve your luggage (I have waited up to an hour to get my luggage coming back from The D.R.), the fact that the traffic heading toward The Verrazano Bridge may be potentially disatrous won't help either. But these things notwithstanding, you may be alright!

The Mac Man

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Passport Playa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I can't seem to find any flights that go to / from POP from EWR. Does anyone know of any airline that does that route?

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

Continental

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 728 Posts

where in Canada are you going?try lga which is about 15-20 min away from jfk, there is no way your making it to Newark in less you fly into it. LOL

Thanks

I am flying from NYC to Alberta (far west) Canada. The only flight from my home town is at 5:50 PM everyday from EWR. I'm lookig for a flight back to NYC from POP that I can make that flight. Any thoughts or suggestions other than staying overnight in NYC??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 728 Posts

I am flying from NYC to Alberta (far west) Canada. The only flight from my home town is at 5:50 PM everyday from EWR. I'm lookig for a flight back to NYC from POP that I can make that flight. Any thoughts or suggestions other than staying overnight in NYC??

stay overnight in new jersey .LOL or take Continental from ewr.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sicpup71 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,450 Times in 590 Posts

As mentioned, Continental flies regularly, but I believe its only 1 flight daily, ang gets back real close to 6pm. Check American too, but probrably with a change in PR or miami, but I think youre gonna have a hard time making that 550 flight

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BigDave For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,905 Times in 283 Posts

No way u making it dude...you have to take the Belt parkway from JFK first. and on sundays is packed and very slow. then you need to take it to staten island via the verrezano bridge....then gothels bridge to NJ.....plus only way you will make it would be via a taxi...and taxi from JFK is not cheap..minimun 60 dollars...I WOULD NOT RISK it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Peruchonyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peruchonyc View Post
    No way u making it dude...you have to take the Belt parkway from JFK first. and on sundays is packed and very slow. then you need to take it to staten island via the verrezano bridge....then gothels bridge to NJ.....plus only way you will make it would be via a taxi...and taxi from JFK is not cheap..minimun 60 dollars...I WOULD NOT RISK it.
    Dude.. that's going in a big circle through Brooklyn!

Actually, it might be doable.. Using google maps, it says to go through Williamsburgh Bridge, through Manhattan and across the Lincoln tunnel. This would take 45 minutes... 2 hours with traffic.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to hioctane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 Times in 477 Posts

Ok your best bet is either a chopper to JFK or fly from ewr. I fly there to pop when I can.

You are not going to make the flight so a hotel is the best bet and fly next day. With the pita of getting into the city being an hour (door to door) you need atleast 300 usd for a good room there.

THere is a hampton inn close to the airport with a strip club near it on route 120 but I forget the town. The hotels on airport are as expensive as nyc but then you are right next to airport so less travel stress. IMHO Yes I read that you don't want an overnight but no choice with these options.
    It aint over till I am done!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,905 Times in 283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hioctane View Post
    Dude.. that's going in a big circle through Brooklyn!

Actually, it might be doable.. Using google maps, it says to go through Williamsburgh Bridge, through Manhattan and across the Lincoln tunnel. This would take 45 minutes... 2 hours with traffic.

Manhattan? Lincoln tunnel? at these hours....you got to be out of your mind...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Peruchonyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for all the help guys. My guess in no f'n way - to risky. I will be going Friday to Friday and missing the 2nd weekend. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 857 Posts

Thanks for all the help guys. My guess in no f'n way - to risky. I will be going Friday to Friday and missing the 2nd weekend. Thanks again.
    For the amount of money you are going to spend on a taxi from jfk to ewr, why don't you fly directly from pop to ewr and spend a night in a hotel near the airport and catch the next days flight.

It's a lot less stress.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuba Libre For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,744 Times in 721 Posts

No way youll make it..They dont exactly rush your luggage out at JFK.. I waited almost an hour once before the carriage even started moving.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to voltage69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voltage69 View Post
    No way youll make it..They dont exactly rush your luggage out at JFK.. I waited almost an hour once before the carriage even started moving.
    Yeah.. Getting luggage at JFK is HELL! If you're going to even attempt this, sit in the front of the plane with only carryon and run! It might be a good exercise to see if you can do it. Worse case is you get a hotel in Jersey.

Thread Information