Thread: Rock N Roll Concerts in Santo Domingo?

Thanks

Rock N Roll Concerts in Santo Domingo?

Where are some good places to here live rock,Blus and Metal in Santo Domingo? Yes I can mention some of these bands names in the future. Most of them are from Santo Domingo and Santiago and even in the Bronx New York.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts
    best place to hear this is on your own cd player or ipod... i havent heard any of this in the DR...
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

Thanks
    Wrong this kind of scene does exist in Santo Domingo and Santiago not as Big as in Puerto Rico but it does exist. I will keep you posted.

Thanks
    It does exist. I'm a big metal head myself (even though I also love the bachata and reggaeton) and I've been MSN'ing with girls from Santo Domingo who told me their brothers were into Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. So there is a scene for it.
    In Brazil and Colombia heavy metal is huge......

Thanks

Metal in Santo Domingo.

Yes Brother there is A Metal scene in THE DR I think most of the bands are in Santiago and Santo Domingo but there are also bands in Moca like the great Dogma Central. I would actually be honest with you I only downloaded one of there songs but it is pretty brutal stuff. I am still not that old of a man I am 36 years old and I also love SEX AND Rock N Roll. I lived in Lima Peru for 4 years and I could tell You a Tale about picking up this Gothic Slut at Vampyros Club in Lima Peru this was in 2002 I think Man This Girl; was Kinky I almost fucked her without a Condom She just did not care. Man Dude Great for posting back to Me for sure. I would hope to Fuck a gotic or Metal Chick in THE DR and I am sure they exist in THE DR. I get Mad at Too many gringo Mongers get so ignorant and think all Latin Dance to Salsa and Merngue. BIG WRONG. Hey Even Lot of Chicks in South America and Puerto Rico and Mexico are big time in to Metal. Man A Club in Lima Peru Scarletts which rules. Girls have danced to Twisted Sister,Bon Jovi and other Hard rock Stuff. The Girls that are ignorant see me in my concert Shirt with some Brutal evil lokking band and Say I am satanic that is not true at all I tell them to shutup. Hey Dude also from Santo Domingo is an alright Black Metal band called Infernal Requiem. Got to go might post some more info on this later,Sincerly A.M.

Thanks
    maybe if i was into this music i would know more about it.... I havent seen any of it in Sosua and been to others clubs around DR but never heard it... I can only speak from my experiences

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 1,076 Posts
    From what I know about DR some rich white dominicans listen to it you wont find anybody in the campo listening to that stuff, besides you cant dance to rock n roll it has no rythm what so ever, like merengue, salsa, bachata etc. you know what I mean. How are you going to dance with a dominica chica to rock n roll tell please I want to know? :roll: :roll:

Thanks

Metal In THE DR.

Of Course just go to www.metal-archives.com and then click in countries there is a section of all counties click in THe Dominican Republuc and there is a list for like 6 bands. I like the band from Santo Domingo called Infernal Requem not that bad. Altus Mortem I do not care for sounds like THE DR Version of Pantera. I do like a band called Dogma Central they are from Moca. I think Moca is near La Vega and not too far from Santiago. Guys also go to www.dimensionoculta.com There you will find a list of all bands from THE DR from Metal,Jazz Rock,Funk Rock and even Punk Rock. Please Check out the D Listings of bands and click down Dogma Central then download there song it is pretty brutal. I have heard rumours there is a band too called M 16 I think from Bronx NY. Dominican dudes but playing I think metal like Altus Mortem Who I do not care for. So all in All THE DR Metal Bands so far I like are Dogma Central and Infernal Requiem. These bands do have shows all the time. In Fact altus Mortem have a show coming up for more info go go www.justmorerecords.com Alright Maybe mongering is better here then in Puerto rico but if you go to PR this music is much more bigger then the DR One example is this band from Puerto Rico www.organicinfest.com

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo
    From what I know about DR some rich white dominicans listen to it you wont find anybody in the campo listening to that stuff, besides you cant dance to rock n roll it has no rythm what so ever, like merengue, salsa, bachata etc. you know what I mean. How are you going to dance with a dominica chica to rock n roll tell please I want to know? :roll: :roll:
    Exactly what I was going to say.

The "plastic" people, it's what Dominicans call them are the ones that listen to Spanish Rock. Send me a PM, I know of one place that has a stage and throws concerts in Santiago, just be aware you will be look at strangely for being there at first since a lot of people believe gringos come to just fuck their women. Also the women there could buy and sell your ass with their spare change...
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas
    Also the women there could buy and sell your ass with their spare change...
    my kind of women!... i must hit a concert haha

Thanks

Chung Ho.

Dude You are WRONG. Why be a Poser? Lot of Punk bands also in THE DR go to www.chunghorecords.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo
    Exactly what I was going to say.

The "plastic" people, it's what Dominicans call them are the ones that listen to Spanish Rock. Send me a PM, I know of one place that has a stage and throws concerts in Santiago, just be aware you will be look at strangely for being there at first since a lot of people believe gringos come to just fuck their women. Also the women there could buy and sell your ass with their spare change...

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Re: Chung Ho.

Quote Originally Posted by arecho monger
    Dude You are WRONG. Why be a Poser? Lot of Punk bands also in THE DR go to www.chunghorecords.com
    I am not sure what you mean "You are WRONG".

I said yes there are rock concerts in Santiago but attended by the upper crust of the Dominican society. I know of a few places and you could PM for their locations.

As for the web site you posted, they cover five (5) bands, not exactly what I would call "a lot".

PS. The 80's are over and "poser" should be stricken from the English language.

Thanks

Re: Chung Ho.

I still totally disagree. Check out Puerto Rico too and the scene with Hard Rock and Metal is much much stronger. Then Go to Mexico or even Brazil where it is Insane not Samba and Axe Crap. Check out www.punkinternational.com and THE DR Scene report very very very intersting go to www.chunghorecords.com and you can MP3 A lot of these bands and it is Rocking not Merngue,Bachata or Crap like Perreo,Re Gay ton or Rap.
    I am not sure what you mean "You are WRONG".

I said yes there are rock concerts in Santiago but attended by the upper crust of the Dominican society. I know of a few places and you could PM for their locations.

As for the web site you posted, they cover five (5) bands, not exactly what I would call "a lot".

PS. The 80's are over and "poser" should be stricken from the English language.

Thanks
    I am still here but maybe going to Costa Rica now.

Thanks

BLACK METAL IN THE DR.

Why Is Everyone listening to this REG GAY TON CRAP? Check out www.justmorerecords.com Black Metal Bands like Merodac and Infernal Requiem exist in THE DR. REG GAY Ton is for 12 Year Olds.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts
    we've heard your say about the music scene today and in the past under other handles. enough already!
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

Re: Metal in Santo Domingo.

Dude. . . .give up. . . . .

Sure there are rock bands in the DR. Sure there are chicks into metal and punk. . . . . .but they are LESS than 1% of the population.

I know a dominicana from the bronx. She is totally into goth and sang in a band in santo domingo. She said they rarely played out anywhere and most members did it for the love of the Music. The bass player owns a big ad agency and this was his way of letting off steam.

She is almost as white as I am, has a nose piercing and tatoos. Flaquita with a nice body. . . . . .

The last time I saw her she was singing Bachata in my ear and flirting like crazy. . . . . .

Even she loves Bachata and Merengue. . . . . .Rock is in addition to rather than instead of. . . .

You keep getting down peoples throats here about being open minded. . . . .please you are the one with blinders on. . . .I LOVE rock. I am older than you so 70s classic rock and southern rock were my thing way back when, but I dig Metal, Punk, Blues, Zydeco, Bluegrass. . . . . .you name it

When in New orleans. . . .I dig the New orleans music. . . . .when in Mexico I dig Mexican stuff. . . . In Brazil. . . .brazilain dance music and even samba. . .. .In the DR. . . .BACHATA and MERENGUE. . . .

You want to travel to far away exotic places and listen to teh same stuff you listen to at home. . . . . .WHO need to be more open minded?

Yes Brother there is A Metal scene in THE DR I think most of the bands are in Santiago and Santo Domingo but there are also bands in Moca like the great Dogma Central. I would actually be honest with you I only downloaded one of there songs but it is pretty brutal stuff. I am still not that old of a man I am 36 years old and I also love SEX AND Rock N Roll. I lived in Lima Peru for 4 years and I could tell You a Tale about picking up this Gothic Slut at Vampyros Club in Lima Peru this was in 2002 I think Man This Girl; was Kinky I almost fucked her without a Condom She just did not care. Man Dude Great for posting back to Me for sure. I would hope to Fuck a gotic or Metal Chick in THE DR and I am sure they exist in THE DR. I get Mad at Too many gringo Mongers get so ignorant and think all Latin Dance to Salsa and Merngue. BIG WRONG. Hey Even Lot of Chicks in South America and Puerto Rico and Mexico are big time in to Metal. Man A Club in Lima Peru Scarletts which rules. Girls have danced to Twisted Sister,Bon Jovi and other Hard rock Stuff. The Girls that are ignorant see me in my concert Shirt with some Brutal evil lokking band and Say I am satanic that is not true at all I tell them to shutup. Hey Dude also from Santo Domingo is an alright Black Metal band called Infernal Requiem. Got to go might post some more info on this later,Sincerly A.M.

Thread Information