Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Driving Tips on the North Coast.

Thanks

Re: Driving Tips on the North Coast.

I am impressed! And I mean it...

To add: Tailing the front car by 4 yds. at 120 mph+ w/ the left turn light continously on ON, has the same meaning.
    Get your sorry ass out of the left lane...

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Hes got a point though. Only an American would fly all the way to Germany, Rent a Car, get on the Autobahn, and STILL NOT know what the high beams mean in the left lane.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Bad info given out there. The cost of a driving licence is around RD$1,300. You can pay a bit more for VIP service (means you go to the front of the line)

You don't need 6 months of tuition either, but there is a multiple choice exam done on a computer, blood test, eye test and an actual driving test. Some of these can be overlooked with the exception of the blood test.

Check out the requirements and current costs here:
    http://seopc.gov.do/servicios/licencia_de_conducir.html
    Well, that certainly seems a bit more reasonable. Though I'd still bet serious money that less than 10% have driver's licenses.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRboundagain View Post
    Where did you get that info from?

Dominicans take a test, yes and no questions on a pc. Then wait 45 days and take a road test. 20K pesos for a bribe,,,,,,,,,,no way do they pay that kind of money

These are the fees as of last year:

Driver’s License: RD$455
    Exam: RD$200
    Medical Exam RD$40
    Classification Fee: RD$75
    Taxes: RD$20
    Cost of Forms and Services: RD$85
    Total: RD$855
    One of my friends girlfriends needed drivers license he is going through process now .
    While the amount in question I don't quite remember? he was taking her through proper channels rather than pay bribe maybe you know him he has the used clothes store near sports bar on south leg of main entrance on your way down to the beach from PJs in that little mini mall.

Yep the bribe in question he did not want to pay bribe he wanted her to pass her drivers test on her own.
    I am in love with Jimmydr. I want him to be mine forever!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

My novia borrrowed a rental CRV yesterday to pick me up at the airport, she has taken some lessons but is still very green, I would never have the balls to drive here with as little experience as she has. When she was driving through her residential area she was going through intersections without looking for any traffic coming from other directions.

They drive like they live their whole lives, that is without any consideration for the future consequences of their actions.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information