Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The CR or DR

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,506 Times in 2,076 Posts

Re: The CR or DR

Quote Originally Posted by husl2001 View Post
    Understand that's not a coincidence. The North Coast (and particularly Sosua) are ideal for a short, fun, stress free trip that quickly surrounds you with a bunch of beautiful women in one of several generally pleasant beach towns.

Guys here have literally traveled all over the world. Rio and Thailand may be the meccas, but for guys from the eastern half of North America (a large proportion of the posters on this site) those trips require flights of anywhere from 12-24 hours in duration.

DR, CR and Columbia are, comparatively speaking, right around the corner. Columbia appears to be best for folks who have a working knowledge of Spanish, which leaves CR and DR for the beginner/weekend warrior.

I've heard good things about CR, but I haven't been because:

1) the action is in the middle of an otherwise-boring city with traffic that does lend itself well to daytripping, and l like to do a lot more on vacation than just monger;

2) while I love the idea of more diverse pickings (got a blasian Dominicana in Santo Domingo many moons ago), I find myself strongly attracted to the Dominican look;

3) I've heard that the hotels in the "Zone" in CR are - at best - just ok. But even if a Ritz suddenly appeared, my preference is for more comfortable home-like surroundings when vacationing in the caribbean, and usually prefer the villa route, which are everywhere on the North Coast of DR;

4) While 80% of the night action happens on a small strip in Sosua, Cabarete at night is something special. Also, there's choice spots in Nagua and Puerto Plata to explore. And that's just the North Coast. The level of talent in and around Santiago will blow your mind;

5) DR is well-suited to large groups, although I refuse to travel like that anymore. There literally is something - and someone - for everyone to do all day and night.

6) Finally, Sosua is only about 10 minutes from the airport. I can't begin to properly emphasize how incredibly convenient that is, especially if your return flight is in the later part of the afternoon.

Anyway, my .02 would be for you to try the North Coast, but just go to Sosua instead of holing up in Blackbeards. You can go to the bikini contest and see everything there in 2 hours, which leaves you the rest of your vacation to discover everything - and everyone - else the North Coast has to offer.

Have fun.
    I went to Costa Rica once and I was glad that I did. Its not for everyone but there are 1,000's that love the place.

Everyone should go once.
    I can take Google Wallet and Send Invoices thru Square.

3 days is $8.00

1 Month is $12.00

3 Months is $25.00

6 Months is $40

1 yr is $60

2 yr is $90

3 yr is $115

5 yr is $250

the 1 year and more include admission into Jimmy's stash area

E mail me at Jdrent97@gmail.com

I will need

Website Handle

and which subscription you are interested in

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

I was supposed to go with Beas, but that was when the D.R. was booming, so I never made it. If he were to ask now, I'd consider it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg View Post
    I was supposed to go with Beas, but that was when the D.R. was booming, so I never made it. If he were to ask now, I'd consider it.
    Its not going to be boring there, that is for sure. I may go back one day and stay at the Sportsman.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Malo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sportsman Lodge is great... seriously, you can spend the entire day in that place. The chicas show up at the bar, and come and go every hour! The drinks are reasonably priced, Bill is a great guy. Everyone at the bar is friendly and very cool.
    Not to mention they have Captain Morgans!! (Hard to find in DR besides Shark Bar)!

If it wasnt for our excusions during the day, we would be at SL all day..
    If you leave the hotel, you should take a cab... there is all this talk about razor blade wheelin trannys at the park on the way to the DelRey.
    Oh yeah, the SL is pretty close to the best Massage spots.
    Hope this helps

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jimrock187 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Jack

You are right that there is always someone selling. Being able to pick them out and talk to them seems a little bit harder during the day unless you've been at this for a while. Def would not recommend a newbie just walk down the street asking every chica how much; you have to have some game.

Back to question at hand...CR v DR I think it is just a matter of personal preference. I've had great times in both. Hell last time in CR I managed to break my leg (stupid atvs and stupid lack of coordination) and after hospital hobbled out of my room, had a couple jack and cokes grabbed a girl to help "with the swelling". This would have been a little more difficult in DR unless I was at NG.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apatheist For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apatheist View Post
    Jack

You are right that there is always someone selling. Being able to pick them out and talk to them seems a little bit harder during the day unless you've been at this for a while. Def would not recommend a newbie just walk down the street asking every chica how much; you have to have some game.

Back to question at hand...CR v DR I think it is just a matter of personal preference. I've had great times in both. Hell last time in CR I managed to break my leg (stupid atvs and stupid lack of coordination) and after hospital hobbled out of my room, had a couple jack and cokes grabbed a girl to help "with the swelling". This would have been a little more difficult in DR unless I was at NG.

You can break you leg in DR and Colombia as well.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

Apatheist...you don't have to do anything in Sosua. Just stand on the street on the strip and as the saying goes."if you build it they will come"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,745 Times in 562 Posts

I've heard good things about CR, but although I've traveled to the country, I haven't been for mongering purposes because:

1) the action is in the middle of an otherwise-boring city with traffic that doesn't lend itself well to daytripping, and l like to do a lot more on vacation than just monger;
    I've never really gotten bored there but have gotten sick of the noise, beggars, chaos and smog after a while. On the other hand there's always stuff to do, places to go, plenty of other mongers to party with and something going on in the big city. Of course speaking some spanish and having some expat amigos that live there helped. Also San Jose makes a good base to party at night and do some day trips, most hotels have a tour desk, here's an example of some day tours. http://centralamerica.com/cr/tours/day.htm

3) I've heard that the hotels in the "Zone" in CR are - at best - just ok.
    You can spend up to 300 bucks on a room if you want. Quite a few places now have high end suites w/jacuzzis, balcony, etc. available around the gulch but no you won't get 4 star for 50 bucks.

CR can be a great time, lot of fun and is worth a visit. Like other frequent travelers there I got burnout, only made 1 trip last year. The big city seems to wear on me after a few days and I get very little actual rest or relaxation while there. Sosua on the other hand is small, quiet and so damn laid back it's just more enjoyable... in a tropical slow&easy kinda way.
    "The only known aphrodisiac is variety."

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacoloco For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey Guys, im really new to the scene. I hear alot about Sousa,is this the place to go? Any suggestions on places to stay, and prices.
    Thanks fellas

18. The Following User Says Thank You to speedyb For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,743 Times in 643 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    Apatheist...you don't have to do anything in Sosua. Just stand on the street on the strip and as the saying goes."if you build it they will come"
    Well, be careful if you drop your pants in the middle of the street. I did one night, hoisted them above my head and swirled them around screaming SOSUA!!!!

My chica negotiated with Politur for 200 peso fine and a bowl of soup at Caprina.....

My vote is for D.R. if you are a screwing machine, the pussy costs more there. If you GF up, then maybe CR is better because the girls are 100% better looking.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

My opinion of CR has always been that it is like the Major Leagues of Chicas. You have girls from all over central and South America and the top earning pros put their time in CR. It is great for new people like myself, who monger frequently but only has basic spanish. It is surprising how many of the chicas in CR can speak perfect english, which I find as a turn off. That means they have a lot of courses in Rosetta Penises learning English and they have been hustling for a long time.

As far as Variety, I think CR is where it is at, you have white, black, fat, thin old, young, natural and fast n furious modified chicas with elbow implants. Also within a several block radius around the Del Ray you have hundreds and hundreds of available girls. If you like plastic girls, CR is your spot.

The last few trips I have gone to CR, most of the premium girls were not budging from $100. keep that in mind you can negotiate, but time consuming process sometimes. Sometimes I felt like I had to get things in writing with a lawyer.

If you have never been there, you gotta go at least once to CR just for the experience it is amazing. I only go when there are cheap flights from SPirit air, and Sportsmens has vacancies, a great place to set up shop.

DR is like the farm system or minor leagues. Fresh raw talent, but veterens as well. Don't take it the wrong way, most of them are Pro's but not in the league of some of the girls in CR. My selections is limited as far as shade, but if I put my time in, I can always find a light skinned girl, and even if you don't like dark girls, there is always a dark girl that will make you think twice. Value and quality wise, I think you can't beat the DR.

I have a hard time deciding between DR, Colombia and CR, but I need further testing, comparisons and cuttings. I really don't decide, I leave it to the airlines with their cheap deals. I will tell you though CR is on bottom of the list IMHO.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    My opinion of CR has always been that it is like the Major Leagues of Chicas.
    I just wanted to ask why they call you the Bullet Dodger?
    I'm a Payer not a Player

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DMV View Post
    I just wanted to ask why they call you the Bullet Dodger?
    Not sayin this is the case with Boris but I think that some of all these new guys are shills if not then good for Jimmy.
    Last edited by mikelodge; 08-30-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: sp

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,973 Times in 2,414 Posts

I prefer DR over CR. I like the chicas better the prices are better for what i got service wise. I went a few years back in Dec to CR and did not enjoy it too much. Maybe i should have gone another month. But i have been to the DR several different months and i had a ball each time.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Not sayin this is the case with Boris but I think a some of all these new guys are shills if not good for Jimmy.

Mike my quote was for Boris. It was a line from the movie where this name comes from. I wanted to see if he was going to respond with the next line.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DMV View Post
    Mike my quote was for Boris. It was a line from the movie where this name comes from. I wanted to see if he was going to respond with the next line.
    Snatch

One of my 10 desert island movies.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

CR definitly is more expensive than DR in all areas.IMHOP

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan View Post
    Can't make up my mind. Since I've joined and read alot of trip reports. I find this board to really be a Dominican Addicts group. ... Plus I've been falged for not posting and just lurking. I have a16 day Dec. trip planed for the Philippines. So I'm looking for a 5 day fuck fest. DR girls look hotter for me. I'm going to try to do this trip late June. Thanks....
    Dominican addicts? How about punana addicts in general? "Chicaholics - Unanimous!"

I've been struck with this more than once, reading this and other boards, and it seems to me I need help for my own addiction - so here is a suggested Twelve Step program for us:

Chicaholics Unanimous - the Twelve Steps:

1. We admit we are powerless over our peckers, and our lust has become unmanageable.

2. We believe that punana could restore us to sanity.

3. We decide to turn our money and our peckers over to the care of the chicas.

4. We make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of the girls at Classicos, La Passions, CMP, and those two famous blocks of Avenida Pedro Clisante.

5. We admit to ourselves and our selected chicas the exact nature of our desires.

6. We make ourselves entirely ready to have the chicas remove these "defects of character", at an agreed-upon price (DR$ 1000 ST, 1500 TLN).

7. We eagerly ask the chicas to address our "short comings", or even to stay TLN if the chica and the price are right.

8. We make a list of all chicas we want to spread, and become willing to make our moves on them all.

9. We make direct payment, cash, after the deed, to such chicas wherever possible, except when to do so would interfere with a fellow monger who's already taking them home for his own purposes.

10. We continue to take personal inventory, and when we're in country we promptly do something about it.

11. We seek through repeated vacations to improve our contact with the chicas, hoping that our money won't run out before our flight for home.

12. Having had a great time as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to our fellow mongers over ISOC, and save up for the next trip as soon as we can afford it!
    I hope this doesn't offend any present or former members of any authentic Twelve-Step programs.
    Please understand that I mean this all in jest, although I am on Step 12 of the Chicaholics Unanimous program myself...!

Cheers, Westy

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,480 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    CR definitely is more expensive than DR in all areas.IMHOP
    What trumps everything in any comparison of these two venues is bang-for-the-buck for pussy. Okay - in Costa Rica you've got a place where the starting price is often $100 U.S., you've got to pre-negotiate bareback blow jobs, and service is often very "pro" where you're put on a clock with no particular regard to whether or not you pop.

While in Sosua there's no ironclad guarantees of a great time, I've found it's often possible to have a great experience - sometimes even TLN - for 1000 pesos. That's $27 freaking dollars folks, half or less than what you might pay in Costa Rica after some bargaining. And after 11 trips, I can count the times on one hand where a chica had any problem with bareback blow jobs - without ever discussing it up front.

Once in a while I poke my head in on the CRT board where I used to post a lot, and when I read what these guys are paying I just have to laugh. Just glad it's not me anymore...

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to getrhythm For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan View Post
    The White Sox. Hoping the season gets better.

Here is a CR RedSox fan who used to work at Little Havana.Might still be there.
    Goes by Christina.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information