Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The CR or DR

Thanks

Re: The CR or DR

Quote Originally Posted by apatheist View Post
    Having been to DR and CR (was there last Sept) a number of times as well as Cuba, Panama and Nicaragua Its a tough call and depends on what you are looking for. DR has lower prices for chicas but most of the TLNs seem to have some problem with their kid/grandma/goat whatever about two hours in. In CR they are pretty straightforward and stick to what you agree on but not a lot of TLN. If skin color matters (it did to my wingman) then CR ranges generally from white to caramel whereas DR is more caramel to black IMO.

The place that I stayed in San Jose (sportsmens lodge) kind of puts everything on a platter for you and the price is on par with NG and some of the other places here. There's a decent bar/restaurant and girls start arriving as early as 10 am and there is generally a good crowd by 7 or 8 and it stops serving and turns to a ghost town at 2 am. If you don't like it loud until 2 am don't get a courtyard room.

There are other places close by but you are recommended to take a taxi everywhere. I walked but it sucks b/c CR seems like no matter where you go you are walking up some steep hill. If you go to the Del Rey, and you will, it is hardcore whereas SL and some other places are more along the lines of Classicos maybe a little more laid back. Costaricaticas.com proved to be as almost as helpful as ISOC.

Sosua is easier to get around and you can walk anywhere at anytime or at least thats how I feel after being in Miami for 16 years. Sosua is a lot more laid back but that is the difference between big city and small beach town. The action does seem to start a bit later in Sosua but thats prob b/c there are girls working 24/7 in San Jose.

Overall its just personal preference and honestly I feel you'll have a great time in either. I enjoyed both of them more than Panama and Cuba combined.
    great post thanks!!! im still researching, been to CR 5 times this year , I LOVE IT, i am also in Miami so DR should be a very short flight, but the dam taxes are ridiculous!
    side note Sportsmans Lodge closes at 12, not 2... but i would still avoid the rooms that are not in the new wing
    Bill the owner treated me like i was his son from day 1

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ydogi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,366 Times in 408 Posts

which place is better to visit as of now? alot has changed in DR and CR. I would be going to Sosua in DR so i wanted to know if it was worth (some people have been saying it is dead).

I will be going in may so there is still some time but as of now which one would you guys choose

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dmoney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Cool Re: The CR or DR

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney View Post
    which place is better to visit as of now? alot has changed in DR and CR. I would be going to Sosua in DR so i wanted to know if it was worth (some people have been saying it is dead).

I will be going in may so there is still some time but as of now which one would you guys choose
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...621#post888621

...or perhaps you didn't like my suggestion?
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,745 Times in 562 Posts

My 7 night trip to Sosua got canceled thanks to the winter storm so instead I'll be visiting CR next weekend for the first time in a year and a half. Being on a budget and missing the beach I'd prefer to be going to Sosua...but plan to have fun in San Jose and will post a report. My usual answer to that question is- visit both!
    "The only known aphrodisiac is variety."

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacoloco For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,366 Times in 408 Posts

lol i didnt see that you responded to it... thanks

i guess Sosua it is ... i hope it is still good by the time i go (may)

i will visit CR later

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmoney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: The CR or DR

It's still great and you'll be fine...it's just different for those that have been there before.Go, have a great time, take lots of pics and share them and your stories with us when you get back home!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information