Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medellin or Panama City? (already did Sosua 5 times)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

Re: Medellin or Panama City? (already did Sosua 5 times)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    I am studying the Google Maps and looking at the hotels addresses.

The Lincolns address is --Circular 3ra. No.70-28
    The Floridas address is --Crta 70 No.44b-38

I have learned what the numbers mean so from the map it would appear to me that the Florida is more north on 70 north of avenida San Juan where as the Lincoln is south of there much closer to circular 1 and the universidad.

Less than 10 blocks or a half mile or less apart. I like maps
    Florida is right on the strip. Really noisy at night and in the morning construction at 7am is deafening! Lots of bars and restaurants around it. Lincoln is further up.. away from the train station. A little less bars/restaurants. Once they close... you should not be out in the street! I believe Jimmy goes to bed at 12.. So he might not be the best person to ask about staying out late. On one of my trips I stayed at the hotel next to Florida. I go out late and usually come back at 3am after most places close.. It's a little deserted.. Definitely do not want to be walking around! Took taxi straight to the hotel.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hioctane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Word on the street on Panama:

Panama officials are cracking down hard on the Colombia chicas. Deporting a lot them. Guess they want to clean up the free lance scene.

And the ones that are left are hardcore and start at $120 USD

All the more chicas for Jimmy in MDE
    ouch, I hope I can find some deals out on the coast when I am there in January.

My friends were staying out at the old American Military school which is a Melia now and they found some locals in Colon last month. They told me is has changed from the old school days though. I guess I will find out for myself. I hope they at least painted it.
    Just Doing It

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hioctane View Post
    Florida is right on the strip. Really noisy at night and in the morning construction at 7am is deafening! Lots of bars and restaurants around it. Lincoln is further up.. away from the train station. A little less bars/restaurants. Once they close... you should not be out in the street! I believe Jimmy goes to bed at 12.. So he might not be the best person to ask about staying out late. On one of my trips I stayed at the hotel next to Florida. I go out late and usually come back at 3am after most places close.. It's a little deserted.. Definitely do not want to be walking around! Took taxi straight to the hotel.

Thanks for the tip, when you say Lincoln is furthur up I assume you mean technically south toward the University at least that is what google map says but that really doesn't mean much.

So you say less bars and restaurants near the Lincoln compared to Florida hmmm. OK that is good to know. Do most of the bars around both stay open until 1am or what?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Thanks for the tip, when you say Lincoln is furthur up I assume you mean technically south toward the University at least that is what google map says but that really doesn't mean much.

So you say less bars and restaurants near the Lincoln compared to Florida hmmm. OK that is good to know. Do most of the bars around both stay open until 1am or what?

You have more than enough information to keep busy for 6 months in Medellin.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes.. Sorry.. I meant south.. Florida is on Carerra 70 near Estadio station. If you walk along 70.. you'll get to Lincoln.. There's less and less restaurants as you go further. Most stay open until 2-3.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hioctane For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

Friends tell me Panama is to fucking hot.Also as said expensive whores........Medellin is it!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    You have more than enough information to keep busy for 6 months in Medellin.
    You are right and with the additional info I will gather off the internet I will have even more before I go.

Not to mention a couple of other sources not on the web.

Lovin every minute of it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are right and with the additional info I will gather off the internet I will have even more before I go.

Well I am sure you will spend an hour a day checking out hotels for your next trip, as well as 2 hours a day looking at all the restaurants.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,134 Times in 2,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    Friends tell me Panama is to fucking hot.Also as said expensive whores........Medellin is it!!
    Had a connecting flight through PTY canceled one trip, they bused us to a hotel to spend the night, getting off the bus felt like stepping into an oven, the heat was oppressive.

Sure the chicas were hot, but they wanted top dollar as well.

I'd recommend a pass on Panama for mongering.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klockman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I like to fully research a place before I go too.. Even though I've been there a couple of times, I'll research some more to find new places to go to that I might have missed! You can never have too much information, but most of the time.. once you start having fun, the plan gets thrown out the window!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hioctane For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I like to fully research a place before I go too.. Even though I've been there a couple of times, I'll research some more to find new places to go to that I might have missed! You can never have too much information, but most of the time.. once you start having fun, the plan gets thrown out the window!

I am about to make trip #15 and each and everytime I discover more and more things.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Well I am sure you will spend an hour a day checking out hotels for your next trip, as well as 2 hours a day looking at all the restaurants.
    No actually I already have spent enough time checking out hotels. Now it is just a question of if I book a few days on a weekend at one of the upscale one that are very well discounted on many sites like Hotels.com and Expedia.com for variety.

Restaurants are always nice to see in reports but I like finding some of my own little out of the way places too. Any with Goat especially grilled I will check out. I also like ethnic places like perhaps one I saw you posted that was Middle Eastern.

One word that I see from the street that will make me check out any menu is Ceviche, I love it.

I leave for the lake cabin in the morning to I will have to put in a few hour today and then many more when I return Tuesday night

Of course With a couple laptop checks over drinks someplace with Wifi just to get my ISOC Fix this weekend.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

THANK YOU I AGREE and I would also agree that half the time I throw half of it out the window too but whatever at least you learn it.

Most people only use a small fraction of what they learned in College and many have forgotten the rest.

Wow I almost compared ISOC to College. Perhaps Internet Community College

Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 287 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanNerd View Post
    Thanks for all of the replies, but I am afraid I will have to put Colombia on the back burner.

I went to my security officer to ask about visiting Colombia (I have one of those Top Secret + extra, extra clearances) and the officer said that while it is possible that I would get approved, I would have to provide a whole sh*tload of information on why, what, etc and must meet with some internal group if I were to request to visit Colombia.

In some better news, he did say that Panama is not a problem to visit.
    I haven't watched much news lately. Is Colombia at war or something?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to whatever For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I haven't watched much news lately. Is Colombia at war or something?

NO he is like a super spy top secret guy that they could capture for secrets and compromise the USA or something like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information