Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • $5.00 U.S.

3 9.68%
  • $10.00 U.S.

9 29.03%
  • Not a cent

10 32.26%
  • condoms and pesos work for me thanks (whynotme)

4 12.90%
  • No bags, but random trinkets (gdogg)

3 9.68%
  • $2.00 - 99 cent store panties and makeup! (osanhopps)

0 0%
  • I prefer colorful glass beads. The natives really love them! (DCIronman)

2 6.45%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Chica Gift Bag.......,How Much?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 1,165 Posts

Re: The Chica Gift Bag.......,How Much?

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    I have a road dog who spends time between trips surfing sales on Victorias Secret's site and buyin quality unmentionalbes at ridiculous markdown prices. He gives these to his regular Chicas. It makes them happy and that makes him happy.
    What more needs to be said?

I don't buy this argument that giving a chica a little something extra suddenly raises the bar for everybody.
    If 1 in 100 customers gives her a little treat, it doesn't make sense that she would expect this to be the new norm and that now the other 99% will do the same.
    Plus the reality is that it is a buyer's market so this simply does not make sense.

If I give my favourite chica a bottle of perfume, it isn't to get a reduced rate or better service.
    It is simply a no strings attached nice thing to do to make her happy which makes me happy.
    Even if she was an idiot and suddenly hoped that everybody would do this every time, so what?
    She would quickly see reality.

I often give generous tips and regalos to waitresses and bartenders too.
    So what?
    Are they going to suddenly think that everybody is supposed to do this every time?
    There is no reason why they would think so.

I like to spread a bit of cheer and make someone's day for people who are nice and give good service.
    If in turn I receive great service and some free drinks, this is very nice and appreciated, but not my intention.

If a bartender gives me a free drink, it doesn't make sense that I would expect every bartender to do this.
    Should other bartenders get pissed off that she is raising the bar?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Si_Poppi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Si_Poppi your argument is based on logic. Most Dominican putas lack logical and critical thinking. In general, gift giving won't raise the bar, but there are some nutty putas out there who think it does. But it also goes back who you spend your time with, and why making a connection beforehand is important.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,506 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg View Post
    Most Dominican putas lack logical and critical thinking. In general, gift giving won't raise the bar,
    Need to stand up and say that out loud as well.
    I can take Google Wallet and Send Invoices thru Square.

3 days is $8.00

1 Month is $12.00

3 Months is $25.00

6 Months is $40

1 yr is $60

2 yr is $90

3 yr is $115

5 yr is $250

the 1 year and more include admission into Jimmy's stash area

E mail me at Jdrent97@gmail.com

I will need

Website Handle

and which subscription you are interested in

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Malo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malo View Post
    Need to stand up and say that out loud as well.

Most Dominican putas lack logical and critical thinking.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 1,165 Posts

Si_Poppi your argument is based on logic. Most Dominican putas lack logical and critical thinking. In general, gift giving won't raise the bar, but there are some nutty putas out there who think it does. But it also goes back who you spend your time with, and why making a connection beforehand is important.
    These chicas are not highly educated but that doesn't mean they are stupid, although some of them are.

I should have mentioned that I tend to do a lot of repeats.
    I usually focus on 2 chicas with some dabbling on the side.
    If I was getting a couple of new chicas every day like a lot of guys, for sure I would be less likely to give special presents.

In any case, for the most part, the chicas are not incapable of accepting a special treat for what it is.
    Even the chicas that I give a special regalo and/or propina to once in a while do not expect it from me every time.
    Why would they expect it from everybody else every time?
    They are not that stupid and even if they were, so what?
    They would quickly get a grip on reality.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Si_Poppi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Si_Poppi View Post
    These chicas are not highly educated but that doesn't mean they are stupid, although some of them are.
    I agree with you on that one. But lacking critical thinking doesn't equal stupid. Oh boy, let me stop now before I start writing essays.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

The fact that the average DR woman makes $5000rd a month plays against us, not for us. We are in essence, offering them so much f'n money for an hour (or 6) of their time that most could care less about their level of service. All they need is 2 sessions a week and they are way ahead of someone else that works 60 hours a week. That is why 'top shelf' chicas ask for $3000rd and will not budge - to dirt bags, assholes, and pushovers. They would rather go home empty handed then spend time with some gringo loser. Basically (for DR standards) they are rich women.

These same 'top shelf' chicas will go with 'higher class' gringos for $1000rd ST and $2000rd TLN because 1) they want the money and 2) it is fun(er) for them. For me, I look at some of the trip reports and think "are you f'n nuts" I wouldn’t screw that chica for free. There are some really fat and ugly chicas in some of these reports. I would never comment on anyone else's choices - beauty is in the eye of the beholder - and to each their own. But some mongers talk about how only the 5-6 rated chicas give good sessions. I think it is because so few gringos ever pick them (for any price) that they try to convince you to keep her for a longer period of time (and make more money).

A gift bag is a monger tool that might convince a chica that you are a 'higher class' gringo. It can help to change their attitude towards you - meaning a better session for you. All of the hard core mongers negotiate the price before they get back to the room anyways - so how can giving her a gift bag after you have negotiated raise prices? Besides, for every guy that takes the time to make a gift bag, there are 25 mongers that don't.

I have read that CR has been ruined by mongers paying high prices. I do not think this has happened in the DR yet. Vet's talk about how they used to get a TLN for $500rd back in the day. I bet the chica price is directly related to wages paid in the DR. Inflation is a real thing and happens everywhere. If the average wage today is $5000rd a month and a TLN is $2000 - back when you paid $500rd for TLN the average wage was probably $1500rd - before there were IPOD's, TV's, and cell phones to purchase. I used to buy hockey cards when I was kid for $0.25 a pack and now they are $5.00. I also used to get $5 a week allowance and now I make $150k+ a year - it's all relative.

There are still lots of good quality putas that give great service for the going rates - to some mongers and not to others. I don't think it is right to judge guys that take some initiative and some time and effort to improve their service and their vacation. If you are relying on other mongers to keep your prices down - that is a sign of your inability to control your own environment (or weakness) - and we all know that the chicas can smell that a mile away.

Screw who you want - pay what you want - do what you want. It's your life, your money, and your vacation. Let's use the board to exchange information and not be so quick to judge people that have the courage to share their ideas.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
    [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]A gift bag is a monger tool that might convince a chica that you are a 'higher class' gringo. It can help to change their attitude towards you - meaning a better session for you. All of the hard core mongers negotiate the price before they get back to the room anyways -
    A gift bag doesn't make you any more or less classier

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Malo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I didn't know I was dealing exclusively with top shelf chicas. I don't pay over 2000 pesos. Who knew?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I didn't know I was dealing exclusively with top shelf chicas. I don't pay over 2000 pesos. Who knew?
    One guys top shelf chica is another guys street rat.

Thanks

That's why the terms "top shelf" and "higher class" are in quotations - these are not absolutes - they are generalizations. Who is to say that a gift bag does not make you "higher class" in the eyes of a puta - perception is not reality - and opinions are not facts.

I never paid more than $2000rd either - but I always got the puta I wanted - I never settled or had to give up on one because of a high price.

Malo - that is an excellent point, however the majority of men have the same general classification of what a street rat is and what a hot chica is. Out of 14,000 members on this board how many think Jessica Alba is hot and Rosanne Bar is not.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Malo - that is an excellent point, however the majority of men have the same general classification of what a street rat is and what a hot chica is. Out of 14,000 members on this board how many think Jessica Alba is hot and Rosanne Bar is not.
    You will be surprised to see that the majority do not agree on what a street rat is vs top shelf.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Malo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,331 Times in 571 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Malo View Post
    You will be surprised to see that the majority do not agree on what a street rat is vs top shelf.
    An excellent candidate for "Best Statement of the Week"

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to husl2001 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I would like to test that opinion. I am going to set up a poll with pictures of 5 chicas and see the results.

BTW - I do not think your opinion is any more or less valid than mine - just different.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I would like to test that opinion. I am going to set up a poll with pictures of 5 chicas and see the results.

BTW - I do not think your opinion is any more or less valid than mine - just different.

In many cases, pictures do not do a girl justice. But go ahead, we love polls and contests.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Not sure what is meant by the term "high class gringo". But I pretty sure that most chicas will have sized you up and determined your "mettle" way before you get her back to your room. They look at things like how you carry yourself, how you talk, the company you keep (if you're not solo), where you're staying, and even how you're dressed. Some of these chicas are very good at this.

And a lot of experienced mongers avoid negotiating prices, or talking about money with a chica. Why negotiate something that is, IMO, non-negotiable.

I guess that I'm way too old school for this gift bag thing. And dealing only in pesos helps me to keep things in perspective.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Well let me just say that you'd be hard pressed to find what I consider a "top shelf" chica, in Sosua.

And a "high class gringo"?!?! Rarer still. LOL!

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,968 Times in 320 Posts

just to what i think about gift bags ive been in DR 14 times will be 15 next week so far every single girl who i had in the past they all like me becuse i respect tham i never cheat on the money i allways tip tham nice if iam really happy my gift to tham is when they ask me for a drink and i give tham but i will never go into the store just to buy gifts for tham and as alot of u said before everyone should do what they feel yes its a nice thing and yes they like it but its something once u start u cant stop so i dont even start

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bklyndrguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Once again "top shelf" and "high class" are in relation to the chicas and mongers in Sosua - not to other locations.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,331 Times in 571 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    Well let me just say that you'd be hard pressed to find what I consider a "top shelf" chica, in Sosua.

And a "high class gringo"?!?! Rarer still. LOL!
    DCI is spot on.

Sometimes I wonder if, in light of all the cheat sheets, spreadsheets, and cheap treats, if folk on these board tend to overanalyze the place a bit.

Look, Sosua is a (these days, deeply) discounted vacation spot that is equal parts beach town-and-whoring central. If it wasn't for the chicas, virtually nobody would go, because there are much better spots in the caribbean (and DR, for that matter) for a beach getaway.

The chicas can (and do) screw Dominicans they are genuinely attracted to. You know, guys their age, in good shape, who completely understand their language, culture, and the inner workings of a 21-year old mindset.

Chicas come to Sosua to make money. Some are hardcore, many others are quite nice girls. But understand: if they weren't desperate for money, there's no way we'd be getting down with them like we do.

Here's a quick test: do the "normal" girls you regularly get back home look like the chicas you get with in DR? If you even have to give that one some thought, then the answer is "NO," and you are viewed as a paycheck. Maybe a very nice paycheck, but one nonetheless. Period.

Therefore, gifts are designed to make you, the gringo, feel better about the transaction. Part of pretending that you're not actually doing P4P whoremongering, and that you're treating them special.

Here's the thing, tho: if you have goodie bags for 10 chicas, then there's nothing really special about it for them, is there? I mean, they have dollar stores out there, too. And they know cheap crap when they see it.

So understand it's all about the illusion, the fantasy that helps you believe you're a stud as opposed to merely This Week's Arrival on AA who is trying to pay rock bottom rates to pretend he's a rock star.
    Last edited by husl2001; 05-13-2010 at 04:17 PM.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to husl2001 For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information