Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Santiago over night trip - want to come along?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Re: Santiago over night trip - want to come along?

Quote Originally Posted by afroski View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but you mention towns/beaches east of Cabarete, could you elaborate. I've driven to Rio San Juan but never stopped at any of the towns in between Cabarete and there.
    You should try Nagua. It's a little beach town east of Caberette. No where near the amount of tourists as POP/Sosua/Caberette, but not so few that those with limited spanish would have a problem. I've only passed through there a few times. But I've always meant to stop and at least have a beer or two.

And I have met at least two very fine chicas from Nagua. Fine enough to make me want to explore the place a little more.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    You should try Nagua. It's a little beach town east of Caberette. No where near the amount of tourists as POP/Sosua/Caberette, but not so few that those with limited spanish would have a problem. I've only passed through there a few times. But I've always meant to stop and at least have a beer or two.

And I have met at least two very fine chicas from Nagua. Fine enough to make me want to explore the place a little more.
    I'll be in the DR for 9 days starting next week and i was thinking of heading over to the Samana penninsula for a day or 2 which would take me thru Nagua, so I may stop there for a drink. I've been thru it a couple of times on my way from and to SDQ airport but never stopped, wouldn't know what part of town to go to for the chicas.

I'll do some more research and if I go there I'll post the results.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afroski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

The Chica from nagua are famous for and proud of being "caliente".
    The saying is "entras si quieres, sales si puedes". Basically enter if you want. . . . .leave if you can".

I have only ever been for a few beers at a roadside joint and was with an amiga from cabarete. The waitress was pretty homely so leaving was not difficult in my case. . . .

If you meet a chica any where on the island and she says she is from nagua. . ..say that saying and you are in. . . . .

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Yes sir!! Nagua is a gold mine! It isn't rare for a chica to be ready to hop in the car to go back to Sosua with you. Happened to me once, and to others many times.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I can also recommend Nagua. I stayed there for Xmas and New year once. There is a good hotel in the centre that caters for the odd Gringo. I would recommend that you have some Spanish.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nomad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

Nakom don't forget about the 3 New disco's they are VITRA, CAMUS, and DUBAI in Santiago two of the are by the Hotel Almirante OTHER one Dubai isn't but they are high end fancy places need to dress apropriately . What pics I have seen of the places look good .THE GIRLS ARE MODEL QUALITY.
    Last edited by Mr Hillbilly; 05-18-2010 at 06:34 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8orBetter View Post
    Nakom don't forget about the 3 New disco's they are VITRA, CAMUS, and DUBAI in Santiago two of the are by the Hotel Almirante OTHER one Dubai isn't but they are high end fancy places need to dress apropriately . What pics I have seen of the places look good .THE GIRLS ARE MODEL QUALITY.
    You should probably also mention that these are not p4p discos. These are regular clubs where young dominicans hang out. From the pics I've seen, they're jevito spots. Full of beautiful young women, yes. But none that are interested in the average gringo. No matter how well dressed, or how well he speaks spanish.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

I am below average in all aspects.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg View Post
    Yes sir!! Nagua is a gold mine! It isn't rare for a chica to be ready to hop in the car to go back to Sosua with you. Happened to me once, and to others many times.
    Sounds like Nagua will be on my list of places to visit when I'm there next week. My spanish is non-existent but thats not stopped me before.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to afroski For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I just got back from Santiago last week, and I hit the majority of the Car wash and pulled out alot of hot looking chicas from there. If you need any great info on it just send me a PM. As for Passions and Illusions they were great, but Passion has the better Talent. and alot of the free lancers that do not work and lived in quaters of Passions go there alot especially right after the car wash. And for me the talent its better in Santiago then in Sosua. If your spanish its great you can defitnely enjoy it more than Sosua.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Airassaultp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prtyr2 View Post
    The Chica from nagua are famous for and proud of being "caliente".
    The saying is "entras si quieres, sales si puedes". Basically enter if you want. . . . .leave if you can".

I have only ever been for a few beers at a roadside joint and was with an amiga from cabarete. The waitress was pretty homely so leaving was not difficult in my case. . . .

If you meet a chica any where on the island and she says she is from nagua. . ..say that saying and you are in. . . . .
    Nagua is also known as 'tierra de merengueros' that should tell you something too...

Been to Nagua a few times and indeed the girls are hot to trot, but dancing and spanish does make a notable difference... right Apos?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,894 Times in 1,768 Posts

No takers for the 4th seat to Santiago!! ;-(

Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 697 Posts

I think its a fantastic idea and there's some great info here..
    I'm not in country, and I don't speak spanish well..

Hopefuly I can convince a group to try this on one of my trips.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to mrblackluv For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information