Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/2006 - Chase Continental Debit Card

Thanks
    Thanked 5,772 Times in 2,479 Posts

06/2006 - Chase Continental Debit Card

Well, I broke down and got a Continental Airlines OnePass World Mastercard. I'm already a OnePass Elite customer of Continental, so for the $85 yearly card fee I get:

15,000 Bonus miles for signing up
    1 Mile for every dollar purchased on the card
    2 Miles for every dollar spent on Continental.com and select retailers
    5% off tickets purchased at Continental.com for the 1st year
    2 Presidents Club vouchers on every anniversary date
    1 $99 Domestic Companion voucher
    2 Discount vouchers on every anniversary ($100 each, good for Domestic, Caribbean, and Latin America)

Now every time I charge I can feel like I am a mile or two closer to the DR.

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webc..._15k&page=cont

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SJG For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Re: Continental World Mastercard

Wonder if they let Canadians sign up? I rememer the set up in Newark airport for the cards.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

i just got the application in the mail they want em to join. im still considering i hate credit cards with yearly fees and have 0 of them right now but if this one will pay for itself on 1 flight ill probably sign up.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks
    Thanked 3,809 Times in 1,672 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swearengen
    Well, I broke down and got a Continental Airlines OnePass World Mastercard. I'm already a OnePass Elite customer of Continental, so for the $85 yearly card fee I get:

15,000 Bonus miles for signing up
    1 Mile for every dollar purchased on the card
    2 Miles for every dollar spent on Continental.com and select retailers
    5% off tickets purchased at Continental.com for the 1st year
    2 Presidents Club vouchers on every anniversary date
    1 $99 Domestic Companion voucher
    2 Discount vouchers on every anniversary ($100 each, good for Domestic, Caribbean, and Latin America)

Now every time I charge I can feel like I am a mile or two closer to the DR.

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webc..._15k&page=cont
    It is a pretty good deal, I got mine months ago

Wherever I May Roam

And the road becomes my bride
    I have stripped of all but pride
    So in her I do confide
    And she keeps me satisfied
    Gives me all I need

And with dust in throat I crave
    Only knowledge will I save
    To the game you stay a slave

Roamer, wanderer
    Nomad, vagabond
    Call me what you will

But I'll take my time anywhere
    Free to speak my mind anywhere
    And I'll redefine anywhere

Anywhere I may roam
    Where I lay my head is home

H.C.I.S.O.C.

Thanks

Have to be a US resident, FUCKERS.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks
    Thanked 3,809 Times in 1,672 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevy
    Have to be a US resident, FUCKERS.
    They are discriminating against Canadian not that you guys got terrorists there

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Never pay fees, its a waste. I have 4 cards now and got about 75,000 points for signing up.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    They are discriminating against Canadian not that you guys got terrorists there

We rounded ours up. They wereso disorganized here they , were doing the fertilizer thing. They had plans to bomb parts of Ottawa, but none of them knew their way around town, so they were looking at other options.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

Thumbs Up Chase Continental Debit Card

Guys!

I got a pretty cool offer via email through Continental Airlines. Basically, if you open a checking account with direct deposit with Chase, you will earn 21,000 miles right off the bat. This is just like your regular checking account with check/debit card. You also earn 1 mile for every $1 spent using the card. I believe you also earn double miles for using the card to purchase a ticket through Continental Airlines.

It looks like you have to print of the coupon and bring it to a branch to open the account. I checked and there are no branches here in Minnesota. I emailed them to see if I could do this via phone or internet, or to see where there closest branch is. I hope I can do it.

Thought I would share it with you all as 21,000 is almost enough for a trip.

Here is the link...

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...&ID=0000009015

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Re: Chase Continental Debit Card

American has three cards you can get and all three give 25,000 miles each.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

25,000 miles + about 80 or 90 bucks is round trip EWR to POP or 42,500 for First class

I got that debit card . . . DON'T EVER hit the debit button when you use it . . . HIT CREDIT ! ! !

costs the retailer more but not you . . . no miles for debit ! ! !
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to the_Jayman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 Times in 477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_Jayman View Post
    25,000 miles + about 80 or 90 bucks is round trip EWR to POP or 42,500 for First class

I got that debit card . . . DON'T EVER hit the debit button when you use it . . . HIT CREDIT ! ! !

costs the retailer more but not you . . . no miles for debit ! ! !
    I AGREE. This is what I just booked my trip on but I do have to say continental nailed me for a $98 "reward miles booking fee" but thats better than getting nailed for 15 per bag and no food enroute.

Another added bonus is if you use the card to book continental flights you get bonus miles so you are on your way to the next ticket.
    It aint over till I am done!!!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trib For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Chase Continental Debit Card

There's a closed thread on this from about a year ago but with ticket prices seemingly on the rise and with the economy being what it is - and with most preferring to save our money for the destination rather than the flight - thought it could do with a repost (and some additions).

Open a checking account with Chase and get the Continental debit card, and add either direct deposit or make 5 purchases within the first 2 months or so (the only stipulation) and get 25,000 FF miles. Double miles on any Continental flight booked through the site and paid for with the card and 1 mile per dollar spent anywhere else (as long as you choose 'credit' and not 'debit' - sign for it, don't punch in your PIN! - this also goes for those first 5 purchases). They also have shopping partners where if you purchase at any partner through the continental site (partners like best buy, barnes & noble, etc) you can get anywhere from 2miles/$1 to 50miles/$1.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...OP25&MKID=6NKM

Also, you can open a Continental Chase Business account with $500, get a debit card through that - and get another 25k miles.

There's a $25 annual charge for the card if you want to get 1 mile per $2 spent and a $65 annual charge for 1mile to the dollar. whichever you choose you still get the full 25k miles for opening the account.

the kicker is that you can do this every year. Close the accounts whenever you like, open up new accounts in the next calendar year and get another 25-50k miles.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    There's a closed thread on this from about a year ago but with ticket prices seemingly on the rise and with the economy being what it is - and with most preferring to save our money for the destination rather than the flight - thought it could do with a repost (and some additions).

Open a checking account with Chase and get the Continental debit card, and add either direct deposit or make 5 purchases within the first 2 months or so (the only stipulation) and get 25,000 FF miles. Double miles on any Continental flight booked through the site and paid for with the card and 1 mile per dollar spent anywhere else (as long as you choose 'credit' and not 'debit' - sign for it, don't punch in your PIN! - this also goes for those first 5 purchases). They also have shopping partners where if you purchase at any partner through the continental site (partners like best buy, barnes & noble, etc) you can get anywhere from 2miles/$1 to 50miles/$1.

Also, you can open a Continental Chase Business account with $500, get a debit card through that - and get another 25k miles.

There's a $25 annual charge for the card if you want to get 1 mile per $2 spent and a $65 annual charge for 1mile to the dollar. whichever you choose you still get the full 25k miles for opening the account.

the kicker is that you can do this every year. Close the accounts whenever you like, open up new accounts in the next calendar year and get another 25-50k miles.
    I have read and re-read the ad on the website but it never looked so much attractive then here, thanks deezl.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,506 Times in 2,076 Posts

I just got mine last week.
    I can take Google Wallet and Send Invoices thru Square.

3 days is $8.00

1 Month is $12.00

3 Months is $25.00

6 Months is $40

1 yr is $60

2 yr is $90

3 yr is $115

5 yr is $250

the 1 year and more include admission into Jimmy's stash area

E mail me at Jdrent97@gmail.com

I will need

Website Handle

and which subscription you are interested in

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

But how many miles do you need to get a round trip??

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

If you already have a Chase savings account with a checking attached like I do then you don't qualify. They said you can't convert existing accounts.

Also to do it again next year you would have to close this one soon and hope they still offer the program next year then take another credit bureau inquiry on your credit report to start up a new one.

Good deal for someone new to Chase.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    But how many miles do you need to get a round trip??
    Jack it varies but domestic starts at 25k round trip and up depending on routes and times and a million other things just like every airlines mileage programs. They blackout dates or when they say they don't they double the miles needed on those dates saying Economy is not available but you can get Business for double ect.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    If you already have a Chase savings account with a checking attached like I do then you don't qualify. They said you can't convert existing accounts.

Also to do it again next year you would have to close this one soon and hope they still offer the program next year then take another credit bureau inquiry on your credit report to start up a new one.

Good deal for someone new to Chase.
    true, but you could technically close your existing account and open a new one tomorrow, if you consider it worth the effort.

also, this promotion has been entended consistently for at least the last three years. technically, you don't have to close the account before the promotion says it ends (end of june iirc) because the terms of the promotion dictate that you can take advantage of it once per calender year. many posters on the flyertalk forums have done just that - closed accounts at the end of the year, opened new ones at the beginning of the next - and gotten full credit on the miles.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

true, but you could technically close your existing account and open a new one tomorrow, if you consider it worth the effort.

also, this promotion has been entended consistently for at least the last three years. technically, you don't have to close the account before the promotion says it ends (end of june iirc) because the terms of the promotion dictate that you can take advantage of it once per calender year. many posters on the flyertalk forums have done just that - closed accounts at the end of the year, opened new ones at the beginning of the next - and gotten full credit on the miles.
    QUADRUPLE THANK YOU!!!!!!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

JDR

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information