Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 06/2006 - Chase Continental Debit Card

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

Re: Chase Continental Debit Card

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionrock77 View Post
    I use the Continental Chase card to buy groceries at Shop Rite where they have a special deal. Little by little, using that card to buy all the groceries, pay the cell phone and cable, those miles start to add up.
    Yeah, if you have their customer card and use the Chase CC you get three miles for every dollar spent at Shop Rite.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    FYI, Continental/Chase did not renew the promotion this year, likely due to the merger.

New account promo is now for a measly 2,500 miles.

Boo!
    United/Chase did for a measly 10,000 bonus miles! The offer is there but it's not ready yet, what I mean by that is that the promotion code says "system error". However by Jan 1st 2012 both Continental and United frequent flier miles will be merged. If you're a Continental Airlines aficionado every offer from United should not be neglected.

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...631_united_10k

Just giving a heads up

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

As of July 12 the Chase Continental debit cards will no longer earn miles.

Wouldn't be surprised if all other banks followed suit with their debit cards. Looks like the ride is over.

If you were planning on making any big mileage-earning debit card purchases, better not wait too long.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,001 Times in 568 Posts

As of July 12 the Chase Continental debit cards will no longer earn miles.

Wouldn't be surprised if all other banks followed suit with their debit cards. Looks like the ride is over.

If you were planning on making any big mileage-earning debit card purchases, better not wait too long.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20046183.shtml

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brovo35 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,334 Times in 6,472 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeysterr View Post
    United/Chase did for a measly 10,000 bonus miles! The offer is there but it's not ready yet, what I mean by that is that the promotion code says "system error". However by Jan 1st 2012 both Continental and United frequent flier miles will be merged. If you're a Continental Airlines aficionado every offer from United should not be neglected.

Click to see pic
    https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...631_united_10k

Just giving a heads up
    United after I make my one pass run.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks

I recently got a Chase Continental CC w/ 50k miles after first purchase.
    Also, my last 8 RTs to POP have cost me about $1,000 combined. Everything else was covered by FF miles accumulated thru various CC promotions.

Gotta work the system...don't allow the system to work you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominican dave View Post
    United after I make my one pass run.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hmiller View Post
    I recently got a Chase Continental CC w/ 50k miles after first purchase.
    Also, my last 8 RTs to POP have cost me about $1,000 combined. Everything else was covered by FF miles accumulated thru various CC promotions.

Gotta work the system...don't allow the system to work you!
    I'm waiting for them to make me an offer 50k and up. Have my dreams set on 100k but ill go for cheaper. I am looking at the FF thread and I see that they only have targeted ones for 50k right now but Congrats on your success in getting one

THATS A GREAT DEALLLL thats where I want to beee

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

just a additional item make sure if any have United miles to combine your accounts so miles merge together.i believe this starts in dec 2011,to merge accounts

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jim15687 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim15687 View Post
    just a additional item make sure if any have United miles to combine your accounts so miles merge together.i believe this starts in dec 2011,to merge accounts
    I believe I got an email telling me I could already merge them, or transfer miles from one to the other but I believe the merger will automatically lead them to combine accounts after dec 2011.

I'm trying to get the co credit card and the united card so I can get the bonus miles for each one and when its consolidated ill have double. 30k each card I think is the offer so I hope to make out with 60k.

Rest in peace to the debit card chase had I'm sure that was a hell of a deal to have that card.
    Last edited by Dave Diaz; 10-27-2011 at 08:28 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

I believe I got an email telling me I could already merge them, or transfer miles from one to the other but I believe the merger will automatically lead them to combine accounts after dec 2011.
    Same here.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm trying to get the co credit card and the united card so I can get the bonus miles for each one and when its consolidated ill have double. 30k each card I think is the offer so I hope to make out with 60k.

Rest in peace to the debit card chase had I'm sure that was a hell of a deal to have that card.
    Check the terms & conditions or call Chase, there's language in the t&c suggesting that you can only get one bonus through Chase cards. If you apply for both United & Continental you're just going to take an unnecessary credit hit for nothing.

There's mention on Flyertalk that they changed the t&c in July so if you got one card before then you should be good, but applying for both now is pointless.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Check the terms & conditions or call Chase, there's language in the t&c suggesting that you can only get one bonus through Chase cards. If you apply for both United & Continental you're just going to take an unnecessary credit hit for nothing.

There's mention on Flyertalk that they changed the t&c in July so if you got one card before then you should be good, but applying for both now is pointless.
    Thank you godfather! I recently applied for the co card and got denied, too many applications ina. Short period. But now that I see I can't get both from what u said I'm just going to leave the co card alone and get the united one when the time is right instead. Saved me a credit hit with that one amigo thank youuu cuz I thought I had a master plan cooked up with that one

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,916 Times in 219 Posts
    Thank you godfather! I recently applied for the co card and got denied, too many applications ina. Short period. But now that I see I can't get both from what u said I'm just going to leave the co card alone and get the united one when the time is right instead. Saved me a credit hit with that one amigo thank youuu cuz I thought I had a master plan cooked up with that one
    For members who already have the chase continental one pass credit card in the nyc area , theres a promotion goin on on right now. If u suscribe to energ plus as your energy / electric / gas company and pay your monthly utility bill you get bonus upto 1250 miles plus earn additional 3 miles per dollar spent on utility bill

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dvdmdz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dvdmdz View Post
    For members who already have the chase continental one pass credit card in the nyc area , theres a promotion goin on on right now. If u suscribe to energ plus as your energy / electric / gas company and pay your monthly utility bill you get bonus upto 1250 miles plus earn additional 3 miles per dollar spent on utility bill
    definitely do your homework before switching, I've read a lot of horror stories about energy plus.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,984 Times in 7,129 Posts

I did this about a year ago and cancelled.

The deal when I did it was 5,000 miles for switching and an extra 2,500 if you were a card member plus the 3 miles/dollar/month spent.

They didn't pony up with all the miles when they were supposed to but after 2 calls I got them all.

The rate I was paying with them for my electric was about 25% higher than Con Ed was charging me so after a year I switched back.

I guess its worth while if you need the miles to top off to get an award ticket but other than that its nothing to get really excited about.
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

There's a closed thread on this from about a year ago but with ticket prices seemingly on the rise and with the economy being what it is - and with most preferring to save our money for the destination rather than the flight - thought it could do with a repost (and some additions).

Open a checking account with Chase and get the Continental debit card, and add either direct deposit or make 5 purchases within the first 2 months or so (the only stipulation) and get 25,000 FF miles. Double miles on any Continental flight booked through the site and paid for with the card and 1 mile per dollar spent anywhere else (as long as you choose 'credit' and not 'debit' - sign for it, don't punch in your PIN! - this also goes for those first 5 purchases). They also have shopping partners where if you purchase at any partner through the continental site (partners like best buy, barnes & noble, etc) you can get anywhere from 2miles/$1 to 50miles/$1.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...OP25&MKID=6NKM

Also, you can open a Continental Chase Business account with $500, get a debit card through that - and get another 25k miles.

There's a $25 annual charge for the card if you want to get 1 mile per $2 spent and a $65 annual charge for 1mile to the dollar. whichever you choose you still get the full 25k miles for opening the account.

the kicker is that you can do this every year. Close the accounts whenever you like, open up new accounts in the next calendar year and get another 25-50k miles.

The Golden Mile Era

Can't believe they were giving out 25k bonus offers on debit cards. Looking back at that now and all I can say is where the F*** was I and what was I doing??!!

Quote Originally Posted by joeysterr View Post
    I have read and re-read the ad on the website but it never looked so much attractive then here, thanks deezl.
    Indeed!!

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    But how many miles do you need to get a round trip??
    We were so young in this thread with our mile whoring ways To have been in this from 2007 on i think i'd be retired in 2014 i'd have Million Miler status.

What an incredible offer. I remember they had those netflix and other partner offers too that were all churnable after a certain amount of time. Not to mention the great Credit card offers.

At the end of this thread I was begging and praying for the CO One Pass CC and I actually ended up getting that 60k after my initial rejection

Damn...Memory Lane Memory Lanee....

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Re: 06/2006 - Chase Continental Debit Card

So the fee came due on my American Airlines Citi Card so I called to cancell and they said they would credit me back the $90 fee and for the next 18 months, if I charge at least $1,000 in a month, I will get another 1,000 miles.

So I accepted.

I then went on to cancel my Chase marriott card and they said if I make 15 transactions, I get a bonus 5,000 miles, so I accepted.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    So the fee came due on my American Airlines Citi Card so I called to cancell and they said they would credit me back the $90 fee and for the next 18 months, if I charge at least $1,000 in a month, I will get another 1,000 miles.

So I accepted.

I then went on to cancel my Chase marriott card and they said if I make 15 transactions, I get a bonus 5,000 miles, so I accepted.
    getting the waive on the fee is nice. the 1000 miles for every 1000 you spend in a month is nothing though, did they act like they were giving you something? you'll make 2000 miles off the 1000 spend in the month assuming its just regular purchases you make.

I'd entertain the idea of going for the newest citi aa card. For some reason i think every card is different and they have like 18 different versions so assuming you don't apply for the one you already have I can imagine that you would be eligible for the bonus. If that assumption is correct I got a better way for you to spend $3000 in 3 months.

you would get 53,000 aa miles off it. Plus all the other perks that come with the card itself, including a $100 credit every year on AA airfare. 10% rebate on redeemed miles plus 2 admirals club day passes.

Yeah I dont know that seems like a much better deal to spend 3,000 in 3 months.

I like the 15 transactions if there is no limit you can buy a candy bar and a soda every day for 15 days and get 5,000 marriott points for a grand total of what...30 bucks?

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Diaz View Post
    I like the 15 transactions if there is no limit you can buy a candy bar and a soda every day for 15 days and get 5,000 marriott points for a grand total of what...30 bucks?
    There is no minimum. I bought a $1 hamburger at McDonalds.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Diaz View Post
    I'd entertain the idea of going for the newest citi aa card. For some reason i think every card is different and they have like 18 different versions so assuming you don't apply for the one you already have I can imagine that you would be eligible for the bonus. If that assumption is correct I got a better way for you to spend $3000 in 3 months.

you would get 53,000 aa miles off it. Plus all the other perks that come with the card itself, including a $100 credit every year on AA airfare. 10% rebate on redeemed miles plus 2 admirals club day passes.
    Got that one as well, paid for site and I have my $3,000 in charges.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information