Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbies invading Sosua July 5th-12th

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: Newbies invading Sosua July 5th-12th

Don Antonio is nicer than most anything at the Europa!

Rocky's is great if you are budget concious and has the best location, and restaurant, in town...you'll see!
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Newbies invading Sosua July 5th-12th

Quote Originally Posted by mega27 View Post
    BigPhun.. Whats Good? Us newbies gotta "get it in" bruh... Keep in touch man.. Strength in numbers... My motto... "Prepare for glory"... Its going down... I'm from New Orleans.. My partner from Seattle...
    I'll also be down June 30th - July 12th
    Staying at Hispaniola
    I'mma practice some french on Joanna and see if she'll let me hit in the back office lol.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bstokley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 292 Posts

I've stayed in 2 bedroom places with a buddy, that is available, the penthouse at the Palms, and also the penthouse at BlackBeards. That can be a good way to go, but usually doesn't save all that much.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nnjdave For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well I'm here lurking and soaking up all the info I can. Still haven't committed to any accommodations yet. I'll definitely be there from June 30th til July 15th. I fly into STI on aconnection from Miami from the West Coast.

I was thinking about a night or two in Santiago, but will probably just catch a ride to BlackBeards for a couple days, then head to Sosua. Staying a day in Santiago is appealing to me, but might be too much to deal with on my own.

I'll be making decisions about hotels very shortly I hope. Strongly considering just arriving and scouting them myself, but not sure once again.

My most likely scenario at this moment is BB two nights, then on to Rockies or NG on Friday July 2nd. I was going to split time between NG and Rockies maybe?

Anyway, I'll definately be there and will probably purchase a phone. I would like to bring a laptop, but probably won't. Does any place have skype set up? I've got to call the wife once or twice and she'll be in Russia.

Anyway, I'm ramping up for the trip and any friendly contacts are appreciated.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigphun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 292 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigphun View Post
    Well I'm here lurking and soaking up all the info I can. Still haven't committed to any accommodations yet. I'll definitely be there from June 30th til July 15th. I fly into STI on aconnection from Miami from the West Coast.

I was thinking about a night or two in Santiago, but will probably just catch a ride to BlackBeards for a couple days, then head to Sosua. Staying a day in Santiago is appealing to me, but might be too much to deal with on my own.

I'll be making decisions about hotels very shortly I hope. Strongly considering just arriving and scouting them myself, but not sure once again.

My most likely scenario at this moment is BB two nights, then on to Rockies or NG on Friday July 2nd. I was going to split time between NG and Rockies maybe?

Anyway, I'll definately be there and will probably purchase a phone. I would like to bring a laptop, but probably won't. Does any place have skype set up? I've got to call the wife once or twice and she'll be in Russia.

Anyway, I'm ramping up for the trip and any friendly contacts are appreciated.
    I'm not aware of your experience level, so please don't be offended. BlackBeards is the easiest possible form of mongering, the chicas essentially can't get away from you. Sosua is one small step up, you essentially can't get away from the chicas. Santiago (or Santo Domingo) is like any other big town in South/Central America or the Caribbean. It's there, you may or may not need help finding it, and speaking the local language is a big plus. The easy progression is BB's for 2 days, Sosua for 7-10, then Santiago for the balance. Obviously if you have some experience, you'll probably do fine in Santiago right off the plane.
    Even though I tend to go my own way and do my own thing, infrequently following the crowd, I really enjoyed hanging out at the NG. There are always a few fellow hobbyists there that believe as I do, you aren't doing it wrong if you have fun and nobody gets hurt (or at least not injured). You can get some great tips at breakfast there. And if you don't get a room there, show up once or twice for breakfast anyway! It's cheap enough, and the ambiance is divine!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nnjdave For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yea, from what I gather my plan is pretty straight foward enough. It'll be my first trip, but I want to get around a little. I like your idea of hitting Santiago after some warm up in the stocked fishing ponds. I'll probably skip Santiago altogether, but this is why I haven't committed to a room yet. I don't want to be tied down if I'm feeling confident and adventurous. I want to be able to split without loosing any money on a room.

I'd like to go out into the country with a reliable and experienced monger driver for hire type guy, or even just hit a few other close by cities near Sosua. Anyway, these are just ideas that I'm kicking around and it's just BS until I get there and do it.

Thanks for the feedback.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bigphun For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information