Thread: New Highway

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

New Highway

Does anyone have a picture of a map with the new toll highway... where does it run...I believe it runs from Nagua to Santo Domingo...I was looking for a thread but I could not find it..it does show up on goole maps yet...

I am flying to dominican republic for xmas....even though I booked it now I can fly into POP no problems but I have to fly home from punta cana....

I am looking at renting a car at POP & driving to PUJ punta cana ....444 kilometers 6.5 hours.....google maps ....got a great rate thru air canada for Avis or Buget...would it be fastner & shorter using this new highway?
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Re: New Highway

Quote Originally Posted by Citynights View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of a map with the new toll highway... where does it run...I believe it runs from Nagua to Santo Domingo...I was looking for a thread but I could not find it..it does show up on goole maps yet...

I am flying to dominican republic for xmas....even though I booked it now I can fly into POP no problems but I have to fly home from punta cana....

I am looking at renting a car at POP & driving to PUJ punta cana ....444 kilometers 6.5 hours.....google maps ....got a great rate thru air canada for Avis or Buget...would it be fastner & shorter using this new highway?
    Yes, Nagua to east SD near the airport.
    Probably faster depending on time of day/rushhour in SD and the current clusterfuck along the east/west thruways in SD due to construction of new overpasses. I've done Cabarete to SD airport in 2.5/3 hours using both routes.
    You may want to check out a flight POP to PUJ, runs about US$150 one way. It may cost you that in car rental and gas.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 893 Posts

I like the new route, less traffic. If you go this way to get home just remember.....in Nagua do not turn where it says "Santo Domingo"....... follow the signs to "Samana" until you get to the edge of town and then you will see the new construction
    Lecciones de la vida:

Si le das la mano te cojen el brazo entero
    Mas jala tiene un pelo de toto, que una junta de bueyes
    El día que la mierda tenga algún valor, los pobres nacerán sin culo
    Si la vida te da la espalda... Tócale el culo
    Amore de lejos, amor de pendejos

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Corrado For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Yes, Nagua to east SD near the airport.
    Probably faster depending on time of day/rushhour in SD and the current clusterfuck along the east/west thruways in SD due to construction of new overpasses. I've done Cabarete to SD airport in 2.5/3 hours using both routes.
    You may want to check out a flight POP to PUJ, runs about US$150 one way. It may cost you that in car rental and gas.

Thanks for the info...Do you the name of the company flys there... I had the pleasure of meeting you once when you popped in at
    La Passions
    Last edited by Citynights; 06-09-2010 at 01:02 AM.

Thanks

www.takeoffweb.com is one of the small carriers, used to be daily service.

There is another one that I'll look up for you.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

........You may want to check out a flight POP to PUJ, runs about US$150 one way. It may cost you that in car rental and gas.
    This sounds the best. Between car rental, gas, possibly getting lost, and also some car rentals charge a drop off fee you would be much better off taking a flight.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DRboundagain For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

www.takeoffweb.com is one of the small carriers, used to be daily service.

There is another one that I'll look up for you.
    thankyou for the website...got a reply from a email saying they fly from POP to PUJ twice a week...saturday & monday at 7:30 a.m.
    it means I have to up & at the airport by 7:00 a.m. new years day.. maybe I will stay up all night...

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

thankyou for the website...got a reply from a email saying they fly from POP to PUJ twice a week...saturday & monday at 7:30 a.m.
    it means I have to up & at the airport by 7:00 a.m. new years day.. maybe I will stay up all night...
    Just pray the Pilot didn't stay up all night!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

Did they give you a price? How long is the flight? As you know prices from Western Canada are often considerably less to PUJ with Westjet. Maybe another option.

Thanks

www.aerodomca.com is the other internal airline. They used to fly POP to everywhere but their website isn't showing POP as a scheduled route.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thread Information