Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/2007 - Spirit Airlines updates and deals

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 670 Posts

12/2007 - Spirit Airlines updates and deals

Santo Domingo, DR$49* Each Way12/16, 12/19, 12/23, 12/25, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/30, 12/31

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to El Capitan For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Re: SPIRIT to SDQ $49!

$49 from where and how much are the taxes????

Hopefully not Ft. Lauderdale! Not many members live there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 670 Posts

From FLL bro....and taxes are $120 so the flight is $220+/-......I don't live in FLL, but its an EZ drive.....

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Capitan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Spirit running specials out of Atlantic City Internaitonal. Around $350 - $400 with all the added fees round trip. So my christmas present to myself is 4 days in Santo Domingo and 4 days on the beaches of Boca Chica...Staying at Courtyard by Marriott in SD and Costa Lunga in BC. As always, if your in the area the Presidentes are on me.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NJPete For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 175 Posts

Spirit Airlines Pilot strike

I thought about flying Spirit a couple of times but they don't fly from my city. I'd have to fly to South Florida (FLL, Tampa, ORL) and then fly out. Still would save a few bucks but their times are kinda late too.

Hope no one here got stranded or at least got stranded on the right side of the caribbean...the DR side!

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...e_N.htm?csp=34

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patoine1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,118 Times in 3,985 Posts

Re: Spirit Airlines Pilot strike

i have never been a union guy, and hopefully never will be. so hopefully this doesnt offend those of you that are....

but this is exaclty why.

fucking babies.

you knew what your pay was whne you got the fucking job. deal with it. if you dont like it, go find another fucking job.

but like selfish little fucking children they walk out of thier jobs and go on strike.

fuck the several thousand customers who now have to pay for alternate means of transportation. or hotel fees, etc... even if they are stuck on the "right side of the water' they now have additional lodging, food, putas, etc.. shit they had not budgeted for.

fuck the rest of the employees. pilots arent the only people that work for the company. there are all the baggage handlers, ticket agents, gate keepers, flight attendandts, etc... hell even al lthe subcontractors, like the people that provide the food and drink for the flights. all the kiosk and restaurnt/bar operators in the fort lauderdale airport.... all those fucking poeple have bills to pay and families to take care of . guess what, if there are no flights, those eople dont go to work. if they dont go to work, they dont get paid.

so because of a 400 greedy mutherfuckers, THOUSANDS gets fucked in the process.

i'm glad this wasnt the week i was traveling.. those bitches walked out at 5.am. they flight from sti to fll is at 3am.

which means those motherfuckers walked out, after that plane landed... leaving those people stranded in that fucking airport..

and let me tell you. that airport sucks stale donkey ass too.

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to naptime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 175 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post
    i have never been a union guy, and hopefully never will be. so hopefully this doesnt offend those of you that are....

but this is exaclty why.

fucking babies.

you knew what your pay was whne you got the fucking job. deal with it. if you dont like it, go find another fucking job.

but like selfish little fucking children they walk out of thier jobs and go on strike.

fuck the several thousand customers who now have to pay for alternate means of transportation. or hotel fees, etc... even if they are stuck on the "right side of the water' they now have additional lodging, food, putas, etc.. shit they had not budgeted for.

fuck the rest of the employees. pilots arent the only people that work for the company. there are all the baggage handlers, ticket agents, gate keepers, flight attendandts, etc... hell even al lthe subcontractors, like the people that provide the food and drink for the flights. all the kiosk and restaurnt/bar operators in the fort lauderdale airport.... all those fucking poeple have bills to pay and families to take care of . guess what, if there are no flights, those eople dont go to work. if they dont go to work, they dont get paid.

i'm glad this wasnt the week i was traveling.. those bitches walked out at 5.am. they flight from sti to fll is at 3am.

which means those motherfuckers walked out, after that plane landed... leaving those people stranded in that fucking airport..

You're right Nap and in the end the pilots are gonna get paid and then ticket prices will go up. So everybody even remotely associated with Spirit gets screwed EXCEPT the pilots who caused the drama to begin with.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patoine1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Not sure what your problem is, dude!
    You are actively engaged on a board that could be called, "The Mongers' Union of Sosua." But yet you are anti-union and expect the people that actually get you to the location, to work for a non-liveable wage, a pittance?

SHAME ON YOU!

but this is exaclty why.

fucking babies.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 211 Posts

I fly Spirit FLL- LGA regularly because they are cheap and good value for me and I can deal with the bullshit of a cheapy airline its been worth it to me. They canceled my flight to NY last tues morn gave me 100 dollar voucher and put me on the same flight next morning. I dealt with it. Today as i write I am waiting for a Delta flight back for which i paid 172 dollars o/w because all Spirit flights cancelled today and I was scheduled to fly back with thenm to FLL. spirit called and offerred to refund my flight (65 bucks...I paid 109 total r/t originally) and 100 dollars so out 7 bucks not gonna cry got better things to do.

Agree with Naptime. Pilots gotta be happy they have a job in this economy...you get what you get and you don't be upset.

Would love them to start FLL-POP, even at 9 dollar each way plus tax the STI in the middle of the night thing doesnt work for me, sorry.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to El Chivo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,118 Times in 3,985 Posts

Non livable wage.......my fat add !

I'll be happy to take that so called non livable wage any day.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to naptime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,134 Times in 2,768 Posts

Do you know what that wage is?

Do you know if the pilots were in a legal strike position?

Do you know if the pilots had a contract, and if not, do you know if Spirit was prepared to lock them out?

When 30,000 feet in the air, would you like to have a pilot who enjoys his job, his salary and the people he works for?

I don't like strikes myself, I do work in a Union and I've seen first hand the job they do. While I feel bad for those that were affected, strikes aren't a spur of the moment thing.

When more facts are brought to the table, we'll be in a better position to point fingers and assign blame.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klockman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Klockman View Post
    Do you know what that wage is?

Do you know if the pilots were in a legal strike position?

Do you know if the pilots had a contract, and if not, do you know if Spirit was prepared to lock them out?

When 30,000 feet in the air, would you like to have a pilot who enjoys his job, his salary and the people he works for?

I don't like strikes myself, I do work in a Union and I've seen first hand the job they do. While I feel bad for those that were affected, strikes aren't a spur of the moment thing.

When more facts are brought to the table, we'll be in a better position to point fingers and assign blame.

Pilots make over $100,000 a year, work maybe 14 hours a week and most were in the Military. There are 100's more that would love that job.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Lets see
    10 reasons why I would NEVER want to be a Commercial PILOT

1)-You have to wear a Uniform that Chics go crazy over
    2)-you make a LOT of money
    3)- the working hours are short & you get to see places others who worked all their lives only dream about
    4)- you get to bang hot flight attendants, whenever you please.
    5)- you even have a CO pilot, in case you need to take a FUCKING NAP....
    6)-most of the time, the plane is on auto pilot and doing your fucking work for you
    7)-everyone idolizes you and kids aspire to be just like you when they grow up
    8)- everyone kisses your ass on a daily basis
    9)- and if you make difficult landing you become an instant Hero, possibly even write a book and become famous.
    10)-its your second income as you already have a pension from being in the service.

Yeagh, thats a SUCKY job, who would want that ? , good thing they have a Union to protect them.

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Pilots make over $100,000 a year, work maybe 14 hours a week and most were in the Military. There are 100's more that would love that job.
    The very top ones with the biggest airlines, sure.

With Spirit? I'd like to see where their salaries are listed.

Until then, we're just guessing.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Klockman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Until then, we're just guessing.

Unlike every other thing we talk about.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Lets see
    10 reasons why I would NEVER want to be a Commercial PILOT

1)-You have to wear a Uniform that Chics go crazy over
    2)-you make a LOT of money
    3)- the working hours are short & you get to see places others who worked all their lives only dream about
    4)- you get to bang hot flight attendants, whenever you please.
    5)- you even have a CO pilot, in case you need to take a FUCKING NAP....
    6)-most of the time, the plane is on auto pilot and doing your fucking work for you
    7)-everyone idolizes you and kids aspire to be just like you when they grow up
    8)- everyone kisses your ass on a daily basis
    9)- and if you make difficult landing you become an instant Hero, possibly even write a book and become famous.
    10)-its your second income as you already have a pension from being in the service.

Yeagh, thats a SUCKY job, who would want that ? , good thing they have a Union to protect them.
    Again an awful lot of assumptions.

The pilots job is to take off and land, the 1st officer does the navigating.

If I'm on a 10 hour flight to Rio, I'd like the guy making split second decisions to be well rested and alert. It's something I can't do and I'm grateful for those that can and keep me safe.

Most of your top 10 is just silly and your opinion.

Again, I'm not saying I like strikes but really guys, what do we really know about the pilots, their contracts....etc

Until then, why not wait until all the facts are known.

Members here cover a wide array of professions or in some cases, none. It would be interesting to hear from a real pilot about your listed benefits.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Klockman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Unlike every other thing we talk about.
    Yup

Just because we travel and bang whores, doesn't make us experts in all areas.

If I find out the Spirit pilots make over $100,000/year and have a contract and went on strike without notifying Spirit then I'll be the first to jump in with both feet.

Until then, it's just an emotional response to a situation that we're simply not informed on.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Klockman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Again an awful lot of assumptions.

The pilots job is to take off and land, the 1st officer does the navigating.

If I'm on a 10 hour flight to Rio, I'd like the guy making split second decisions to be well rested and alert. It's something I can't do and I'm grateful for those that can and keep me safe.

Most of your top 10 is just silly and your opinion.

Again, I'm not saying I like strikes but really guys, what do we really know about the pilots, their contracts....etc

Until then, why not wait until all the facts are known.

Members here cover a wide array of professions or in some cases, none. It would be interesting to hear from a real pilot about your listed benefits.

Well since we don't have any posting pilots as members, I am guessing they are banging the help, in their hotels when they are out of town every week.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

I talked to a Spirit pilot last week in Medellin airport and he said the requested wage they are asking for is to be payed only what AirTran and Jetblue,the other so called low fare companies,are getting.They have been negotiating this for a long time but should have seen the writing on the wall when 2 or 3 days ago Spirit CEO said we'll fly with or without them.Maybe a lot of unemployed pilots will take their job,but according to this guy,who by the way said he really didn't want to walk,pilot association is real tight and if you cross the line work becomes really miserable for you with your fellow pilots.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks

First year salary for an FO is about $40/flying hour w/ 72 h/mo guaranteed. Needless to say that in order to accumulate 72 h/mo flying hours you are spending 160 h/mo on the job.
    So, that's $2,880/mo for the right seat.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Do You?

P.S.: On an hourly basis (ST), your whores in Sosua make more. And they don't get taxed either!

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

Thread Information