Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 12/2007 - Spirit Airlines updates and deals

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Re: 12/2007 - Spirit Airlines updates and deals

Quote Originally Posted by BCell View Post
    They fucked me good on my last flight out of MDE, they closed the check in counter early and told me flights closed (they must have oversold it), after arguing they said we sent the passenger info to US already and it can't be changed. I said fine give me in writing that I was there and note the exact time, they wouldn't give me anything. An airport Customer Service rep was at the counter while this happened and I wound up having to pay for a new ticket. She wrote on the receipt that I had to be there at 11am and said I had to sign it! (4hrs 10mins before takeoff). They make up there own terms and conditions as they go at MDE lol.

I took pics of my cell phone clock and the International Departures door (they said "you wouldn't have made it through immigration in time", meanwhile there was no line and I always pass through within 30 mins or so and that's with a line) At the Customer Service counter, they said this happens all the time with Spirit and they do it to get more fees. I went to the Spirit office downstairs, the door was locked and office empty. I called the Spirit 800 # from the airport also, and the Indian rep told me the system says I showed up 5 mins late, guess those cunts wanted to cover their ass. Waiting for Spirit to resolve the issue, otherwise I'll dispute with the bank claiming fraud and breach of T&C by Spirit, hope I win.
    So they wouldn't let you check in so that they wouldn't have to bump you and then made you pay for another ticket?

That's fucked up. Contact the DOT.

Know your rights:
    http://airconsumer.dot.gov/publicati...tm#overbooking

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    So they wouldn't let you check in so that they wouldn't have to bump you and then made you pay for another ticket?

That's fucked up. Contact the DOT.

Know your rights:
    http://airconsumer.dot.gov/publicati...tm#overbooking
    no wonder there are more complaints against Spirit than any other airline........

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

Here is a link for 2,500 free miles

www.spirit.com/2500
    certificate # 2K5BHEVZ72

I got it on my last flight but it says I've already redeemed one so I'm not eligable

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    Here is a link for 2,500 free miles

www.spirit.com/2500
    certificate # 2K5BHEVZ72

I got it on my last flight but it says I've already redeemed one so I'm not eligable
    Thanks Jack!!

On another note, I just looked at my miles. I've got just under 30k miles. Damn! Last June, I had over 135k miles!! And that's not counting the 3 round trip tickets I bought on AA. Last year was a GREAT year!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Your welcome!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Your welcome!!!!!

Did you get miles for using your reward ticket this last trip. Were any added to your account?? remember that argument?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I remember the communication but not an argument.

I'll check.....I forgot

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hasn't been posted yet so maybe they don't do it anymore but then again niether has my 2500 certificate miles.
    I'm glad you reminded me Hunter,I'll be on the phone tomorrow and find out what is happening if the customer service rep can figure it out!!!!

i gotta tell you though.....I'm now positive they used to do it because I was talking about it with a friend and he told me he remembered me telling him about getting miles on tickets bought with miles and he was at my house and I showed him on my computer.
    I had forgotten about that......
    I got a funny feeling though that it may have stopped.........oh well,my momma told me all good things come to an end.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

mi still waiting for mi 2,500 bonus miles to be posted by Spirit......
    though if I drive to Orlando mi can fly JetBlue for half of what Spirit wants these days.......

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

They fucked me good on my last flight out of MDE, they closed the check in counter early and told me flights closed (they must have oversold it), after arguing they said we sent the passenger info to US already and it can't be changed. I said fine give me in writing that I was there and note the exact time, they wouldn't give me anything. An airport Customer Service rep was at the counter while this happened and I wound up having to pay for a new ticket. She wrote on the receipt that I had to be there at 11am and said I had to sign it! (4hrs 10mins before takeoff). They make up there own terms and conditions as they go at MDE lol.

I took pics of my cell phone clock and the International Departures door (they said "you wouldn't have made it through immigration in time", meanwhile there was no line and I always pass through within 30 mins or so and that's with a line) At the Customer Service counter, they said this happens all the time with Spirit and they do it to get more fees. I went to the Spirit office downstairs, the door was locked and office empty. I called the Spirit 800 # from the airport also, and the Indian rep told me the system says I showed up 5 mins late, guess those cunts wanted to cover their ass. Waiting for Spirit to resolve the issue, otherwise I'll dispute with the bank claiming fraud and breach of T&C by Spirit, hope I win.
    On one of my trips returning from STI I got to the counter after returning my car outside about an hour before the plane departs. They closed the counter and said that I had to be at the counter an hour before the flight departs. There was maybe 12 people around me who almost got screwed as well. Moments later, they let me enter the terminal, but it was a pretty stressful time.

I have been traveling with several former Spirit employees, and they often looked at a website which I guess only people in the industry are allowed to look at checking if and how many they oversold the flight. From what they told me, this was a common practice not just with Spirit with many airlines.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Talked with a customer service rep and he refered me back to the web site.
    So I go to my account on Spirits web page and it looks to me like they say they credited me with 1398 miles on the site in my account but it hasn't showed on my milage total.
    Again....I'll be on the phone to Spirit again tomorrow to see if they can get me an acceptable answer.
    When I request milage for this last flight on the site it says my milage has already been posted but I can't see it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

I still have not gotten any miles on my last DR trip from Jan 25-29, perhaps next statement.

I have a lot of miles to use, debating if I should cash in 25000 miles for a June trip, and booking in September seems like its going to cost too much miles, plus cash since only one of the flights of the round trip seem to be available. Hate to do it, but thats the lowest I can find anywhere.

DR is 5000 miles all the time it seems during off peak for a round tripper.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This may be the answer!!!!!! If you haven't got your milage for January then that may explain why I haven't got the miles from my February trip.(actually 1/30 thru 2/9)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 5,636 Posts

Mad Re: 12/2007 - Spirit Airlines updates and deals

Thanks, for the heads-up on this earlier today, BCell. Boy that really, really sucks. La senora and I have that trip back to the States next month on Spirit. I was thinking of arriving there around 12:30 pm, but after reading this, I am going to change our plans. Spirit truly sucks... it is a moneymaking machine that happens to own some airplanes. When I booked with them... it was only $504 r/t MDE to ACY as opposed $900 on Avianca, American & COPA to the NYC airports. Too bad you didn't have Luz there when you tried to check in... she is brutal with pricks like that. Good luck with your fight, amigo!
    Blue Devil

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueDevil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,495 Times in 1,330 Posts

Talked with a customer service rep and he refered me back to the web site.
    So I go to my account on Spirits web page and it looks to me like they say they credited me with 1398 miles on the site in my account but it hasn't showed on my milage total.
    Again....I'll be on the phone to Spirit again tomorrow to see if they can get me an acceptable answer.
    When I request milage for this last flight on the site it says my milage has already been posted but I can't see it.
    my account does the same thing

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BCell For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    I still have not gotten any miles on my last DR trip from Jan 25-29, perhaps next statement.
    got my Spirit miles from Jan 21st to Jan 30th Jamaica R/T....672 which isn't gonna help mi much......lol
    and with the way Spirit works.......I won't get the 2,500 bonus miles till that 45th day from when I registered....

25. The Following User Says Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
    Spirit truly sucks... it is a moneymaking machine that happens to own some airplanes.
    if they are so hell bent on the bottom line......I wonder what kind of maintenance job they are doing on the planes
    true the planes are fairly new but how much work aren't they doing on the planes that should be done....
    the few Spirit maintenance guys mi seen come on the plane to fix something looked like Janitors at the local mall

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    if they are so hell bent on the bottom line......I wonder what kind of maintenance job they are doing on the planestrue the planes are fairly new but how much work aren't they doing on the planes that should be done....
    the few Spirit maintenance guys mi seen come on the plane to fix something looked like Janitors at the local mall
    I've been accused of being negative... so I try not to think about things like that...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueDevil For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
    I've been accused of being negative...
    ten years ago when I flew them I was there biggest fan......
    but when that friggin new CEO Ben Baldanza took over in 2005 the chit it the fan for us consumers....
    Ben Baldanza started a plan to begin charging US$10 per checked bag for the first two bags ($5 if bags are pre-reserved online prior to the flight), in addition to charging $1 for drinks which were previously complimentary.
    now they are charging $33 a bag and $3 for soda or water......even to get a boarding pass now they charge $5
    so when is it going to end.....mabye when they try to charge to use the toilet......lol
    and Spirit is charging around the same airfare as the other airlines now when you figure in taxes and all Spirit fees......
    flying on them is like being on a crowded bus at rush hour sitting in uncomfortable seats.....
    and I've never seen so many arguments with airline personnel as I do with Spirit.....
    personally I can't see the consumer being very happy as things stand now with Spirit......
    and sure you might get a good price on a ticket.....but you gotta be able to get on the plane first, right BCell....lol

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Spirit aircraft are nothing more than "flying vending machines."

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueDevil For This Useful Post:

Thread Information